Author Topic: World Finals  (Read 173823 times)

Offline oldracer19

• Plan B Racing
Re: World Finals
« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2010, 05:50:41 PM »
awful quiet. guess they found the open mike :roll:
"because plan A never works"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #196 on: October 06, 2010, 05:51:36 PM »
Why not get some laughs out of this experiment?  We're on hold anyway. . .

I took a look at the weather radar just now -- the winds are now 18 G 23, and the green traces (rain) are getting closer.  Folks are battening down the hatches and taking down the EZ-Ups all over the pits.

And J D Tone (well, son Patrick) has the car in impound.  Don't forget that I'll be posting qualifiers later or first thing in the morning.

GOOD IDEA, Chris.  I'll check with the tower.  It's a new netbook (to me, at least) and I haven't seen the back panel to see how to change the audio pickup.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline basher13

« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2010, 05:52:08 PM »
While we have a minute, let me just remind some of you(dad)your supposed to be working :-D
Dan
118.780mph in a stock(ish) Studebaker

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Bobby c

« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »
Back to the streaming -- it'll be available at www.meridix.com.  Once you're there you'll enter "landracing" in the search window and it'll take you to a page that looks pretty much like the home page of this site.  On the left side there's a "Listen Live" green button on which you should click.  When you do that there's a window that'll open showing sort of an audio control board.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2010, 05:53:14 PM »
Hey, we're back to racing here at Bonneville.  And during the hiatus Kurt called to say that the experimental streaming audio project is getting close to being on the air -- for trial, at least.

The 749 Studebaker just ran -- pulled the chute about the 2 1/2, and now is off the course and fire and rescue is heading that way -- some smoke coming from the car.

Back to the streaming -- it'll be available at www.meridix.com.  Once you're there you'll enter "landracing" in the search window and it'll take you to a page that looks pretty much like the home page of this site.  On the left side there's a "Listen Live" green button on which you should click.  When you do that there's a window that'll open showing sort of an audio control board.  Since that's as far as we've got -- I don't know what'll happen next.

I sure hope it doesn't become a problem that we can only listen OR read the Forum -- sure hope the audio part runs under the Forum pages.  We'll see.

By the way, Scott Andrews is doing the announcing in the tower, and he's running a continuous background tape of rock and roll.  You'll hear that whether he's talking or not.

So - the 749 car is still out there, surrounded by emergency vehicles. Ray got a photo - hoping to be able to show the tires that he heard, on the radio, are flat.  He'll crop and then post the picture.

Offline Bobby c

« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2010, 05:54:50 PM »
SSS The mike is still open but we can no longer hear any voices. But the mike is still open!

Offline oldracer19

• Plan B Racing
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »
You know, it's a little embarrassing that we are all jonesing so bad, that we are glued to the speaker listening to  a bunch of guys talk, about the wind blowing too hard to race. :lol:
"because plan A never works"

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2010, 05:57:41 PM »
You know, it's a little embarrassing that we are all jonesing so bad, that we are glued to the speaker listening to  a bunch of guys talk, about the wind blowing too hard to race. :lol:

This is REAL EXCITEMENT - I'm not embarrassed in the least.  I'm glad I left work early today, though - I'd have a tough time explaining this to the VP.

Offline Bobby c

« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2010, 05:58:05 PM »
Old racer, now I am glued to the sound of the wind I think?

Offline JackB750

« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »
Hey, that "other" BMW running in 1000 P-P under the Faulkner Livingston banner is Charlie Van Valkenburg, the owner of Pit Bull - the maker of all those cool lift stands and such that we use. He's a great guy and a wonderful new addition to the LSR community!
PerformanceWerx-Chasing Motorcycle Land Speed Records ;

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2010, 06:07:49 PM »
Thanks for that input, Jack.  Now I'll go try to find him and tell him that we apologize for not knowing who he is/was.

Jack, say hi to your mentor and brother-in-arms, Don.  We haven't forgot him. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

JandE racing

« Reply #208 on: October 06, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »
what is skip doing

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2010, 06:25:25 PM »
No signal from the line out.  Balanced input or stereo mic input into the computer?  Sould be a 1/8 " trs.