Author Topic: World Finals  (Read 174505 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: World Finals
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2010, 08:50:15 PM »
Hey -- he's here and Murph reports that it HAS rained on the salt.  It's wet at Land's End -- standing water here and there.  Yes, it's good for the course to get rained on -- but how much is too much?

I'll letcha know if I get more information, and as always -- check the SCTA website for any official word.  Right now it says that the meet is "on" even though there's been a bit of rain -- but that post is a day or two old.  Stay tuned here and at that site, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2010, 08:57:19 PM »
i am not too happy about the weather report. :-(does not look good till saturday. :x i hate to say this but i might have to bow out. :cry: not sure if i can afford to go and not be able to see any runs :cry: what does anyone else think?  this would be my first world final and was planning on trying to learn as much as possible so i can built or know what to look for if i buy. thoughts anybody?
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »
Don't give up so easily. This is "World Finals". We go through this evey year.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline pookie

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2010, 09:29:50 PM »
  Hi Bals aSalt, If for some reason you do not go to the World Finals, all is not lost.. There are 2 meets left at El Mirage.. A lot of the cars running
at the WF also run at El Mirage.. It is about 400 miles from San Jose to El Mirage..  6 to 8 hr drive.  October meet is a 1 day but the November meet is a 2 day if the weather holds. There are also several racers up your way who may let you visit and ask questions... So there you go.. Here is a old addage, "where there is a will, there is also a William ''!  Hang in there... Mike R,

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2010, 09:30:02 PM »
If you don't go you can always go next year.  Or the year after, or the year after, or the year after.   And find yourself like the virgin spinster who died wonderin'.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »
thats probably what i need . more encouragement. this is a learning trip for me so i guess if we do'nt run  we bench race?.....................i mean take notes and learn. :-D
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline Freud

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2010, 09:39:22 PM »
Bals of Salt, you will have a   h e l l  of 'a drive if you leave San Jose and head WEST on I 80.

Must be about 25,000 miles going that way.

Ya better have unlimited miles and unlimited time.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline bigd1

• New folks
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2010, 09:46:06 PM »
Slim what your thought on this weather we are coming from Tacoma Wa and I just can't make up my mind any help you can give would be great Nothing will be held against you :|

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2010, 09:47:53 PM »
I've been told by persons on the salt that it didn't get rain this afternoon.  It rained in town -- all the way to Land's End, but not on the courses.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »
come on now freud, i'll be heading west out of salt lake city. i fly in tomorrow nite. :-D

Offline BALS aSALT

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2010, 10:45:47 PM »
well ,i think it's a done deal...i'm going. :-D

Offline Texican

« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2010, 11:11:31 PM »
   To all you folks with short memories; or first timers: remember just a few years back; I think it was '04 or maybe later, there was at least a 1/2 mile of standing water about 8-10" deep from Land's End?

I know we gave one of the announcer guys a lift; he had a very tender Firebird that deserved better.
He mentioned that the meet most likely couldn't start without him.

Was that the year Tom Burkland turned 425 on Saturday, a single run?

I'm sure somebody has stats at their fingertips.

What I'm building to is this: unless there is standing water everywhere,  (Ala 2 years ago) don't give up!

The SCTA will do everything possible to stage this event, and I'm sure it will be a huge success.

Regards,
Jim

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »
We ate at the truckstop and there wasn't any rain falling.  There were a few puddles in the lot, and as I said earlier, Murph reported some standig water right at the end of the pavement (Land's End) late this afternoon.  It was dark when we got to the truckstop- didn't want to go surprise Lynda that late, so I'll wait for morning's light to check the next time.  SCTA site says that there was light rain this afternooon, but inspection starts in the morning.

Stay tuned, racers.  C U Tomorrow.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2010, 11:46:38 PM »
   To all you folks with short memories; or first timers: remember just a few years back; I think it was '04 or maybe later, there was at least a 1/2 mile of standing water about 8-10" deep from Land's End?

'07
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Hans Blom

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2010, 06:30:37 AM »
Is there a published pre-entry for WF?

hans