Author Topic: World Finals  (Read 175070 times)

Offline joea

Re: World Finals
« Reply #630 on: October 10, 2010, 01:28:43 PM »
Kevin, what you guys are doing with the Enzo brings an element to lsr that
is very much appreciated......!!!!!!............glad your continuing in true lsr
spirit.......

Offline Freud

« Reply #631 on: October 10, 2010, 01:40:49 PM »
BuickGuy, Thanks for the foto of Therat.

Now I understand why he doesn't answer his fone.

I just found a small Oxygen tank and mask for sale on e-Bay.

I bought it for him for Christmas.

I hope he lasts that long.

FREUD
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 01:47:18 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #632 on: October 10, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »
Here's a note I got yesterday from Mike Waters.  Mike was at the salt for World Finals -- but had to leave before the event got started.  He sends:

Please give our congratulations (on your web site) to first; Doug Robinson and Alan Fogie for their fantastic run of 276 or so against our old record of 257 and they did it in the middle mile just like we did so there's no question who's the fastest C/FR. Congrats guys. Mike Waters For "Wilson and Waters" (Greg, Dana and Mike).

Second; another big congrats to Dave, John and Donny on the first to 300 in a Hi Boy. There may be someone who can go faster but no one else can be first. For us Roadster guys this is a milestone. We all knew it would happen it was just a matter of who. We've traded records back and forth between their team and ours over the years both at Bonneville and El Mirage and a more deserving crew doesn't exist. Congrats guys. Mike Waters for "Wilson and Waters" (Greg, Dana and Mike)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline mkilger

« Reply #633 on: October 10, 2010, 09:40:10 PM »
wow seeing the 911 fuel roadster  go 304 was one I will never forget, John Donny Dave and Snow you guys rock fastest blown fuel roadster ever to cross the salt. hows the hang over guys :cheers:   that better Freud :roll:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:00:57 PM by mkilger »

Offline Freud

« Reply #634 on: October 10, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »
Stan Back, you are closer to him than I am.

Would you have Mike define a fuel gas roadster and then explain it to me.

IS there a new class for them?

Thanx

FREUD
Since '63

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #635 on: October 10, 2010, 10:04:39 PM »
DR F, knowing that Mr Klinger and Mr Back are associates, I think you might be stepping into a forbidden area.

You do realize of course, that Mr Back thrives on critique to the point of occaisionally damaging close friendships.

We shouldn't let that happen. Better let poster K EDIT his note.

Hooray for the guys from Chico. They've broken a mountainous barrier.

Will the 400 MPH Lakester be next?
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Freud

« Reply #636 on: October 10, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »
I knew I missed out by not being there but I was very interested in a fuel gas class.

Thanks Mike

If Stan Back calls tell him you changed your mind.

FREUD
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:08:26 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #637 on: October 10, 2010, 10:12:34 PM »
Re: my post above. Mr Kilmer is right in that one of the 282 mph Roadster records was done on GAS.
Conclusions should not be jumped to.

5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline mkilger

« Reply #638 on: October 10, 2010, 11:25:32 PM »
first who's Kilmer and klinger and I spelled Brauer  wrong  :-P

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
« Reply #639 on: October 10, 2010, 11:47:56 PM »
If you don't go you can always go next year.  Or the year after, or the year after, or the year after.   And find yourself like the virgin spinster who died wonderin'.

hey nortonist 592. i made it to the world finals. did you? i'm glad for your encouragement. without it i might not have gone. thanks. :-D
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #640 on: October 11, 2010, 12:02:07 AM »
  I have a question about salt conditions for those that raced at the Finals. Do you think they were a contributing factor along with the cool weather and low corrected altitude to some of the the exceptional records?

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #641 on: October 11, 2010, 12:58:33 AM »
If you don't go you can always go next year.  Or the year after, or the year after, or the year after.   And find yourself like the virgin spinster who died wonderin'.

hey nortonist 592. i made it to the world finals. did you? i'm glad for your encouragement. without it i might not have gone. thanks. :-D

Nope.  Didn't make it.  I went to SpeedWeek and my wallet is still anorexic.  But anytime you leave the salt with two record certs in your back pocket you really don't give a rats about the money.  That is until the euphoria wears off and reality hits you like a brick.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #642 on: October 11, 2010, 01:48:40 AM »
It was a great World Finals. Now, time to get to work on next year....
Ed

Offline k.h.

« Reply #643 on: October 11, 2010, 03:55:23 AM »
Landed here at 12:40 from SLC, came home, kissed the wife and turned on this thread, reading through to catch up.  Notable moments from the semi-official Landracing.com mobile audio unit?  The thunderous roar of the 911 car on his 300+ run.  It was something else.  The Enzo in the pits on Saturday, where we could all see the magnificent work on what was a total wreck not so long ago, rebuilt especially to run LSR.  The owner/driver has decades of race experience in a number of motorsports and was completely unassuming.  Hope to see them back.  Oh, man, there were just too many notable moments.  I'll get some sleep and remember the rest when it's not 3 a.m.

I'm going to start a build log.  Just as soon as I collect the rest of the stuff I need.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:06:45 AM by k.h. »
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #644 on: October 11, 2010, 08:08:10 AM »
I'm safe back home from the World Final.

Thanks to all the volunteers, which makes a great season happened.

Had a wonderful time at the salt.....now we have ten months winter time....to see you again in August 2011.

and a special thanks to Ray the Rat for his wonderful hospitality at his place and for helping me to get the set up of my camera back, after the camera reset himself.

To everybody, all the best, stay crazy and go fast..... :-D

Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)