Author Topic: World Finals  (Read 175062 times)

Offline Hughlysses

• New folks
Re: World Finals
« Reply #615 on: October 09, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
Just finished uploading my pics to Photobucket.  Here are a few of the Hudson Boy's streamliner:

There were so many cool vehicles there my brain is still overloaded.  Thanks for this forum- it was a huge help to a first-time visitor.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #616 on: October 09, 2010, 08:01:56 PM »
We're on I-15 heading north, thinking about Pocatello or maybe Twin Falls for tonight.

Before we lefty I looked for the final record logs.  Dan Warner had already dispatched it with Ed Safarik to the motel room/office - and will email the data to me as soon as he does.  And now you know why you don't have the final numbers.  In the meantime -- any of you may feel free to keep checking the SCTA website for when Ed gets the numbers upthere, and then post a link to that data on this site/thread.

Dang bouncy rough I-15 here in north Utah -- it's difficult to type well, so I'll quit for now.  Thanks, everyone, for hanging around landracing.com this past event and week and season.  We've had at least as much fun as any of you.  And thanks to all of those that made donations at the salt -- or through the website.  Way too many to thank individually, but trust me -- Nancy and I do appreciate each and every one of them -- and that's why we keep trying to give you more and better coverage of the world of land speed racing.

Later - -
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #617 on: October 09, 2010, 10:07:11 PM »
Jon and Nancy, Ray, and anyone else who reported speeds, spins, etc. who helped to make this World Finals the best ever on Landracing.com. a huge THANK YOU.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Freud

« Reply #618 on: October 09, 2010, 10:32:09 PM »
D A M N  I hope Ray wakes up before he drives home.

He is supposed to practice on the Bass before he goes to bed........if he can remember where he lives.

He is as important to me as he is to his Internet World.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #619 on: October 09, 2010, 10:42:51 PM »
I just talked to Ray Therat. He and companion Pork Pie arrived in Taylorsville several hours ago.

PP has an early morning flight and they have said their Good Byes for this time.

Therat likes him but not enough to be awaken for a sendoff.

We are fortunate to have them on the coverage team that makes any event on the Salt a "real time" experience.

Their reporting gives us  more info than if we were there in person.

In 1963 I never had any idea this could happen.

THANKS A LOT

FREUD
Since '63

Online racergeo

« Reply #620 on: October 10, 2010, 12:31:16 AM »
  I want to Congratulate "the original fast guys" on getting the C/GL record. I told my son that my record was beaten and he's going bummer and that's to bad etc. I say thanks 'fast guys" now I can get my crew back and excited about working on the race car cause ''we got to get that record back'' If you already have the record it's not as urgent to spend the time and do all the changes to take it to the next level and spend the time and money to get IT on the dyno and flog it hard. I am suddenly energized and excited. Its called competition and I thrive on it.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #621 on: October 10, 2010, 01:31:45 AM »
Ray, Pork Pie, and Slim.  The coverage this year has been great.  Many thanks.   

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #622 on: October 10, 2010, 08:47:14 AM »
   Slim,
    You should be ready for a potty break or short pit stop by the time you go by Columbus. Let me know, and I'll come to the truck stop and buy you guys a soda or something. Twin Falls gets you here about 4:00. Drive safe,
     Doug
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #623 on: October 10, 2010, 09:40:42 AM »
Next is that A/BFR that ran a 297 yesterday.  Hoping to be the first roadster over 300 -- and this is the big reason we're out here at the 4 1/2 this morning.

297 at the quarter, 304.606 in the mile -- world's fastest hiboy roadster.  WOW o WOW!!

You shoulda heard the shouting and screaming in the timing tower (behind Glen's voice).

Unofficial record is 301.150.  Impound/Warner will certify it, but that's what it looks like from here.

297 in the quarter -- that puts him up near the top speed ever in the quarter, doesn't it?  Strong, stout, great to hear and see.

World's fastest brick with wheels? Wowser!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline WildBro

« Reply #624 on: October 10, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »
Pat Womack broke the chain on his return run. Jason still has the record.

Congrats on the "Fastest Bike" of the meet!
1974B Womack - Tudor - Sandin Racing 1350CC M-BG    235.783 07-Oct-10

See you at Elmo!

Jeff Tudor

Nice job!
Put the fairies on it at Elmo and go for the track record  :cheers:

Bill
aka: Tenno Celeritas

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #625 on: October 10, 2010, 10:24:50 AM »
I was standing at the 3 when Davidson went by. That's one for my memory bank.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline sheEmoto

• New folks
  • World's Fastest Two-up Team
    • sheEmoto
« Reply #626 on: October 10, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »
I am the biggest believer in the rules.
If everyone follows them the meet runs smooth and safe!
I have alot of respect for everything Erin does for LSR and just want to send her some good MoJo :-D

Thanks for the good mojo 3-mile Bob!  SSS read this to me right before my best (184.5mph) pass on the GSX-R ... your encouragement is appreciated! 
Multiple National (AMA) and World (FIM) Record Holder

Offline WKM

• New folks
« Reply #627 on: October 10, 2010, 11:31:16 AM »
Wow what a year.  With a newly rebuilt car, a rookie driver (to land speed racing), and rookie team, I cannot believe what we were able to accomplish.

Two years ago, when the idea to rebuild the Enzo Ferrari was formulated, and then to see just what it would do on the salt, I would never have imagined we would end up as the C/BFMS record holders.

I want to thank the land racing community for welcoming us into the fold.

All the great folks with the SCTA, you guys are amazing!!  Special thank you to Lee Kennedy, who guided us in the initial stages of construction of the car, guiding us in making it safe, and able to meet tech requirements.  And for going the extra mile at Speed Week and the World Finals advising and encouraging us to do more.  Dan Warner, you are the man!!  What more can be said.  Thank you again!!  

And the competitors who shared their experience and advice to a bunch of "new guys".  I don't remember all the names, but you are appreciated.  Special thanks to Mark and Jerry Lockhart, Tom Burkland, and Mike Cook, Scott Guthrie who helped us with our handling issues.  Your suggestions kept the car going straight.

Those who just love the sport, thanks for your encouragement and well wishes, and Ray the Rat!!  It was good to meet you in impound, and great photos and updates on the meets!!

To the crew, and build team....great job guys.  And Shane Techlenburg, out master tuner....amazing work man!!

I am not sure what the future will hold for the Enzo, but regardless I will be back on the salt!!

All the best...
Kevin Marsh, crew chief, RSL Racing, car 7007

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
« Reply #628 on: October 10, 2010, 11:43:23 AM »
i cannot believe the great time i had and all the great people i met and all the really cool cars and bikes. i want to thank everyone at scta for putting on such a great event. i am ruined. salt fever. thank you to seldom seen slim too for such a great site and the great coverage from this week. i am glad to meet you slim. and i have to say something about mr. jim jensen. i cannot wait for the day when i finally get my chance at jim checking my belts. looking me in the eyes and telling ME to go fast and be safe. i think of all the cool things i've done in my life and i honestly believe that at that moment with jim on the line will be the one experiance( besides my marrage to my wonderful wife), that will change my life forever. not to say that its not changed now, but i think everyone out there understands my feelings. thank you again. i hope everyone makes it home safe and sound.
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline Bobby c

« Reply #629 on: October 10, 2010, 11:53:05 AM »
Erin,
184.5 is a great number! :cheers:

Kevin,
Seeing an Enzo on the salt was just to cool! Even if was only in pictures. I look forward following your racing effort for many years to come!
Bob