Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3219502 times)

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #1995 on: August 07, 2011, 05:32:04 PM »
Previously on - "The Parts Hunter" -

There are a bunch of lengths that vary very slightly within a range so I'll be doing my research on them in an effort to avoid having to get one shortened/re-splined.

What length you looking for?
Here, this came from the kernel..? ah, Colonel..

Diff
Spline Rh75 mm - 39 mm.    
Lh 88 - 48 mm

Lh Axle. 710.  About 35 too Short
Rh. 805.  About 40 too long.

Lh needs about 735
Rh needs about 765

68 mm axle tube
1500 end to end

Right now I'm not thinking about axles, I'm thinking about packing my bags and organising my stuff for the trip to Bonneville.I had a mix up with my return flight and spent quite a bit of time on the blower making sure I left LA on the 23rd( In the meantime I was quoted various figures, the lowest being $0 the highest being $1255 just to change flights.....they stung me $200...thieves)....that means I miss the 24th but land in Melbourne on the 25th for my birthday and am back here a gig on the 26th and a friends 50th on the 27th.....

Anyway , our plans are to land at LAX on the morning of the 10th,I have a video camera and a guitar to collect in town and Simon has a big business visit to the camera shop, we'll spend the night at 29 Palms, the next at Vegas and then Bendover.

We're hoping to stay with Wayno on the way home and then we have a bit of poking around in LA before we hit the Qantas Lounge .

After hanging around on landracing for the last five years or so it's going to be great to meet so many people from here.

Standby.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1996 on: August 07, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »
I know Vegas is Vegas -- but -- if you made it to Ely and the Hotel Nevada on Friday, there's a car show that evening forming up for the weekend in the public park.

You'll have missed me by a day (no big thing), but my $35 corner room in the tallest building in Nevada (until 1926) will be empty.  And take the challenge of having a drink in every bar in downtown (there's three separate ones in just one building).  The hotel welcomes you with two margaritas and two draft beers at the Liberty Bar across the street.  This is Nevada hospitality a notch or two above Bendover.

Plus!  There're carnal challenges available legally, too.  Yep -- it's the real wild west and Miss Kitty, too.

Or so I'm told.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #1997 on: August 07, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
Goggles sez "We're hoping to stay with Wayno on the way home and then we have a bit of poking around in LA before we hit the Qantas Lounge ."
Count on it.  :cheers: Grumm is supposed to stop by on the way up and he can warn you against it if so inclined.  :-D I'm betting you enjoy it. Wayno

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #1998 on: August 07, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
I know Vegas is Vegas -- but -- if you made it to Ely and the Hotel Nevada on Friday, there's a car show that evening forming up for the weekend in the public park.

You'll have missed me by a day (no big thing), but my $35 corner room in the tallest building in Nevada (until 1926) will be empty.  And take the challenge of having a drink in every bar in downtown (there's three separate ones in just one building).  The hotel welcomes you with two margaritas and two draft beers at the Liberty Bar across the street.  This is Nevada hospitality a notch or two above Bendover.

Plus!  There're carnal challenges available legally, too.  Yep -- it's the real wild west and Miss Kitty, too.

Or so I'm told.

We'll be going through Ely............we'll be able to survey your trail of destruction...I can see it now, there'll be a smell of burnt rubber, snaking tire marks up the main street, broken windows, women collapsed against verandah posts fanning themselves, a bunch of bewildered local heavies re-aligning their jaws and spitting out teeth and scrawled on the front of the sheriff's office " My name is Stan".........

We'll be driving out of town shaking our heads in disbelief when we'll come across a vigilante roadblock....they'll stop us because we're on the highway which is a dead giveaway that we aren't locals................"Do YOU know Stan?..........I really hope I can withstand whatever it is they do to me Stan, coz you know I'd never give you up..............

Speaking of Margaritas, do I need to bring anything?

Wayno, I have a present for you.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #1999 on: August 07, 2011, 09:02:29 PM »
Goggles sez "Wayno, I have a present for you." Coincidentally..................... :cheers:

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2000 on: August 07, 2011, 10:38:13 PM »
Goggles sez "Wayno, I have a present for you." Coincidentally..................... :cheers:

As long as you don't need a plumber to get rid of it
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2001 on: August 07, 2011, 10:51:22 PM »

As long as you don't need a plumber to get rid of it
G
You just can't keep a secret, can you?  :x Wayno

Offline ben james

« Reply #2002 on: August 08, 2011, 05:05:22 AM »
a note to dr goggles,
don't embarass us australians & don't wear your red footy shorts. :-D
dlra member #389 moriwaki monster

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2003 on: August 08, 2011, 05:26:07 AM »
a note to dr goggles,
don't embarass us australians & don't wear your red footy shorts. :-D

Good point Ben
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline ben james

« Reply #2004 on: August 08, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »
the red shorts probably don't fit anymore.
word is you've got a verandah over the tool shed these days. :-P
dlra member #389 moriwaki monster

Offline PJQ

• South end, Land of Oz
« Reply #2005 on: August 08, 2011, 11:24:49 PM »
awh Benno, almost a family show remember.
Hey Stew, your almost-namesake - Jimmy “Clinkers” Stewart - just back from over there, reckons there’s a Russian Vodka Gypsy Bar in Boston that’ll feed you and help with digs, and hand over piles of reddies if you can strum a guitar and make crazy noise. Called Anyway Café, In case ya get stuck-like… on the East Coast... which is on the cards, hanging around with Davo.

Catch you guys at the end of the month for some adventure stories (Pommy Martin flies out tomorrow, headed for the Salt, you’ll probably bump into him: be nice now).
Regards,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2006 on: August 09, 2011, 12:39:53 AM »
Yeah I heard Colbinabbin Jim on the tranny the other day, he too has a sister called Kate, she's a bestie of my niece's....small world . I gave a tape of his to JVG years ago, Johnny turned his nose up a bit but came around eventually.....he sounded good the little brat.

We are on a surgical strike , no East Coast...

Chances are I won't run into Martin, but I'm not discounting the possibility that I'll end up sitting next to him on the flight..... :roll:

PS: shorts are packed. :wink:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:06:28 AM by Dr Goggles »

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2007 on: August 09, 2011, 03:46:09 PM »
That's it. I'm outta here.....next stop LA. See you all on the flats.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2008 on: August 09, 2011, 07:44:25 PM »
15 hours in steerage - jet lag - LAX - I've got a fiver says he gets in on the wrong side of the rental car.  :-D
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2009 on: August 09, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
15 hours in steerage - jet lag - LAX - I've got a fiver says he gets in on the wrong side of the rental car.  :-D
I've done that.  :oops:  :lol: Wayno