Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3198606 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #1635 on: March 18, 2011, 10:47:13 PM »
"I like the go-cart idea.  Grab a few paper clips and wire off the governors.  They can’t stop you if they can’t catch you."

MM I like your style!

Sorry to hear about the event guys. At least it gives you a year to work out the engine gremlins that you discovered and maybe you can get those revs up to snuff. GOOD LUCK!

Pete

Offline Freud

« Reply #1636 on: March 19, 2011, 12:10:46 AM »
Dr Goggles,

Give the Lemon Tree a shot for me.

Close the office, bring the girls, come to Bendover and we will get u a room at Motel 6.

Low Bucks all the way.

Call when u get to LA.

You can get your own autografs on the shirt.

FREUD
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:12:56 AM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #1637 on: March 19, 2011, 05:10:44 AM »
Dr Goggles,

Give the Lemon Tree a shot for me.

Close the office, bring the girls, come to Bendover and we will get u a room at Motel 6.

Low Bucks all the way.

Call when u get to LA.

You can get your own autografs on the shirt.

FREUD
I think that's a great idea.  :lol: You'd never be the same after that. Wayno
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:21:17 AM by Elmo Rodge »

Offline Rob

« Reply #1638 on: March 19, 2011, 07:24:58 AM »
What don't kill you makes you stronger.

Some guys are fast, this from another DLRA member suggesting a logo change  :-D

Offline Tman

« Reply #1639 on: March 19, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »
You might be onto something there Rob!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1640 on: March 19, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »
need's art work from "the PROPSTER"  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #1641 on: March 19, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »
need's art work from "the PROPSTER"  :-D

Ooo, you are BAD! :evil:

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #1642 on: March 20, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »
 :x GRRRR......Well, Team? What about a trip over this way? Bill Ward gathered wide support from all the Kiwi Hot Rodders to bring his cars over to run.....They all could have their names on the Car somewhere....You seem to be a smooth enough wordsmith that you would have a shot at organising something similar,eh Doc?

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1643 on: March 20, 2011, 03:41:46 AM »
Bonneville is definitely in our plans , but.

As anyone who has built something like this knows there is a path of discovery, and whether you apply clear thinking and resourcefulness or brute force and money it will take time to form a plan of attack that is achievable. Quite apart from the effort to build the car you have to plan within the bounds of what you can afford.

To look at it from the point of view of Jack Kelly's E/GL record at 236+mph made with a destroked SBC that'd by all reports rev well over 8000rpm we hav a job on our hands.The body we have is by all indications very very clean aero wise, at 195 mph our revs matched our speed, now that's no huge claim when we were probably lucky to be making 240hp but either way the car goes fast with very little power and it isn't hitting the wall yet.Last year we put on 12mph per mile . We needed more power. We have more power now AND we have the parts to put together a taller final drive with which we can take our speed from 30mph per 1000revs to 34.5mph.

This year we have a chance to have a proper tidy up on the bodywork. The car was never really "finished", it's taken a few whacks and developed a few cracks after the last two years.

Then there is the ECU problem, I may have tracked a guy down who can give us the smarts so as we can use the stock Delco rather than go aftermarket...we'll see.

So yeah, we want to go to Bonneville , but when we go we want to go in style as contenders, not just attenders. :wink:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1644 on: March 20, 2011, 08:52:52 AM »
 :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline wolbrink471

• Wolbrink Race
« Reply #1645 on: March 20, 2011, 10:51:41 AM »
Bonneville is definitely in our plans , but.

As anyone who has built something like this knows there is a path of discovery, and whether you apply clear thinking and resourcefulness or brute force and money it will take time to form a plan of attack that is achievable. Quite apart from the effort to build the car you have to plan within the bounds of what you can afford.

At the 2010 BUB event there were a number of motorcycle guys from Australia that had 'shared' a shipping container with a couple of cars. I guess the bikes were small and light enough to stack on top of the cars and take full use of all the 'air' in the container. The bikes had to leave early enough for Speedweek and the cars didn't get back until after BUB.

Hopefully, the idea might help with your tank attack plans!

Mark
more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike at...... www.wolbrinkrace.com

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1646 on: March 20, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »
yeah, we're a good prospect for sharing a container and have been offered same. But, the gearing issue, the new motor and fit and finish were what I was talking about, that all needs to be sorted before we go.

And who says it was coming straight back. :roll:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #1647 on: March 20, 2011, 06:02:12 PM »
But, the gearing issue, the new motor and fit and finish were what I was talking about, that all needs to be sorted before we go.

You gotta crawl before you can run eh Doc !
(My "new" bike arrived yesterday  :-D )
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #1648 on: March 20, 2011, 07:03:27 PM »

And who says it was coming straight back. :roll:

Oh that is good, I didn't think of that... it could stay there for a while... now  I am excited.

Sumner, have you finished boating yet? Can we hang a small lakester from your rafters for a while?

To quote South Pacific, " You have to have a dream to have a dream come true."

Gentlemen, Ladies, we officially have a dream.

When we first started building this metal dream, I asked Dr G how fast do you think we can go. He said he thought we'd be hard pressed to do 180mph but I think he was playing it cool, as deep down below, both of us were daring to believe that it might go faster.

Bonneville wasn't even on the map.
I can now start planning the next few years of living. with purpose.

Dik

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #1649 on: March 20, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
Yeah, faster with a dream. thats what the wife and I live by. Do it :cheers: :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15