Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1459591 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #3795 on: February 28, 2024, 03:07:35 PM »
  Your quality of work is outstanding.  We all know everything your doing is prototyping every day.  Mike you certainly fall into a category I consider the ultimate in Bark Yard Hot Rodding.
        Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3796 on: February 28, 2024, 07:08:07 PM »
Guys, thank you all. Every comment is just pure motivation and I take the advice seriously. I appreciate everything and the humility shown here is off the charts. I've gotten packages from members who want to remain anonymous.

I never paid attention in school. I was a dreamer.
Art class and library class were my deal. National Geographic and Popular Mechanics.
I was born a car nut. No one in my family ever worked with their hands and that's both sides.

God has a sense of humour. I grew up 200 yards from the oval track and the ice rink.
After school I was hanging out at the oval even though there was nothing going on.

This stuff gets in your blood and it comes out of nowhere. I ask why daily, I quit daily too but by morning I say one more day.
There's this vertical wall in front of me and I know I can't afford a Liberty trans or the tires but the voice inside my head says just keep going because something will come. Must be blind faith.
I've got a fair amount of material here so I use what I can and jump around from project to project. I'd love an A to B type process but I lack certain components so I have to fab what I can with the limited access to engineering.

Tomorrow I'm throwing a Hail Mary pass. A sponsor was supposed to do all the CNC work for me and I've got bags full of drawings with samples and some materials but he's obviously got a business to run and I must be the last guy on his mind when he walks into his factory. God willing I get the meeting promised and if it pans out I'll make a huge dent in this project. I'm not looking for sympathy at all and this is quite hilarious. I have some loose change in a plastic piggy bank and it's about $1,25. 😁😁😁😁😁. I swear on the Holy Bible. If I pull this off they'll make a movie and BTW my Lemon tree is way bigger than Burt's. I water it three times a day and then the dogs line up to add their contribution. You guys would roll on the ground screaming.😎😆

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3797 on: February 28, 2024, 07:27:42 PM »
Hang in there, Mike. Your description of yourself fits many of the rest of us, too. Prayers for your success.

Regards, Neil
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3798 on: February 29, 2024, 08:09:42 AM »
Thanks Neil. I appreciate this. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3799 on: February 29, 2024, 09:06:47 AM »
Mike, if I looked at those flanges finished without the fab process photos I would assumed you turned them on a lathe. You prove to all of us... if you want it bad enough you can make it. Great work and inspiration.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3800 on: February 29, 2024, 11:36:01 AM »
Thanks for the compliment brother. BTW, I have an oil stained torn up T shirt here I wear for a working week without washing so you're in the shop with me daily. 👊🏻👍🏻🙏🏻
Your kindness will never be forgotten.

Murphy's Law rules. I bit the bullet and contacted the guy who agreed to sponsor me with CNC machining. It turns out that I was wrong. He was waiting for me to deliver the drawings and I thought he was playing me. I put my hand up. One thing with me is if I'm right only God will convince me otherwise. When I'm wrong I'll put my hand up and take what's coming. I'm going to the factory Monday.

I had more good news and bad today. This liner doesn't need a lightweight Epoxy body. I've been using Scott Bader resin systems since 93 and it's highly chemical and heat resistant. I'm getting enough to build the entire body, floor and specialized tanks I need. Just when you think South Africans are risk averse people like Thiru Kirsten and Dineo Ramaghotla pitch in.

The AC/DC tig machine Craig promised me in September isn't happening. He's in a divorce war and his personal funds are under attack. I feel for the guy and no hard feelings. Something will turn up.

Thanks guys. Every PM and comment is like Manna from heaven. It means the world to me. God Bless you Bill and everyone else for faith and guidance.🙏🏻✝

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3801 on: March 01, 2024, 02:21:28 PM »
Mike:

If the SA government won't tax you crazy dollars, PM me shipping address and I send you some more T-shirts. Anyone that works that hard for two flanges deserves my respect! :) I don't LSR anymore. Doing some circuit racing but I have some LS shirts around.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3802 on: March 03, 2024, 11:23:15 PM »
Thanks Bill. I'll PM you. Got to check with the post office.
These dudes move the goalposts daily.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3803 on: March 04, 2024, 04:51:13 AM »
Guys, I'm covered on all the CNC machining.
Just got confirmation.
Now WE can build a long car!!!!.👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3804 on: March 04, 2024, 10:57:03 AM »
Guys, I'm covered on all the CNC machining.
Just got confirmation.
Now WE can build a long car!!!!.👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

Great news!
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3805 on: March 04, 2024, 11:43:15 AM »
Thanks Neil.

Big weight off.  8-)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #3806 on: March 04, 2024, 01:32:31 PM »
Oh heck  Mike, From what I have seen...You do not need much in the way of tools beyond a drill and a grinder or two. Great news on the machining...Carry on, JB
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3807 on: March 05, 2024, 12:45:08 AM »
Jerry, I put myself under pressure.
I want this so bad I spread myself thin.
Over 50 sponsors and as on the build I'm numero uno!.
Chief cook and bottle washer.

Stuff gets lost in translation and I'm probably to blame but the yes boys are still out there.
Ultimately it's all on me to get stuff done.

I saw a cool vice that could turn my drill press into a mill but I inherited Fong Kong so the vice would probably overpower the drill.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'll just carry on and roll with the punches eh!.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #3808 on: March 05, 2024, 01:39:57 AM »
Build your liner is like a rollercoaster ride M8 but I haven't heard you throw up yet :-P so we know you're going to make it to the end. SA battler. When do they run their meets down there?
  Sid. NZ battler. :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3809 on: March 05, 2024, 09:12:40 AM »
Sid, they hold a meet every August but it's a run whatya brung event.
No sanctioning body, classes or anything. Fun day out in the desert.

I think the have fast beer drinkers but other than that I can't say.
Never been to the place.

We could buddy up, you and I. Start building "Battler Built" cars!!!!. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂