Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1459446 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #3555 on: September 29, 2022, 11:32:46 AM »
There comes an age when you can't tell a kid anything, Mike. They know it all and if they manage to survive that period in their lives, they gradually wise up!
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3556 on: October 03, 2022, 07:10:51 PM »
It gets worse brother.

He brings his nephew of 16 here to learn a few skills.
I either like you or I don't and being dumb doesn't help.

He's on the drill press and he says "Why are WE going through all this hell?, we should just 3D print the whole body!!!!!".

Pete is a big boy and he got to me before I reached the kid.
Mike Tyson and I don't only have a lisp in common. :dhorse: lol8

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3557 on: October 03, 2022, 10:23:42 PM »
LOL  :evil:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #3558 on: October 03, 2022, 11:24:34 PM »
This should be fitting for the Hammer of Heretics!  :-P
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3559 on: October 04, 2022, 11:06:16 AM »
This should be fitting for the Hammer of Heretics!  :-P

I think the original went like this:

Guy: "I am mighty Thor!"

Blonde: "You think you're thor? I can hardly walk!"

:roll:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3560 on: October 04, 2022, 06:53:09 PM »
Yeth, they both work!.  :laugh:

Neil, neither you or Sparky have lost your touch.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3561 on: October 31, 2022, 02:07:12 PM »
The guys on this forum are awesome and I want to thank you all for your generosity.

Anonymous people have been sending me packages and machining parts for years.
A bunch of good dudes who aren't looking for a pat on the back or look at me, I'm Mr. Generous!.

A set of two front runner tires I can use for set up are with the shippers. Old rubber and not suitable for testing even.

I get a call today from the local guy with a tracking number. I say that's cool and then he drops the bombs on me.
In the past the truck arrived, I signed, got a copy and the package was handed over.

This guy wants big bucks for customs tariffs and a copy of my import license. I'm a senior citizen with no registered business, a taxable income or even a pension.
Do I have a Vat #??????.
This was a gift. Old rubber 20 years old with no retail value.
Tomorrow I go to war with the ministry of trade and industry. We get ripped off on everything from Apples to used Zebras. I'm a vet and I don't tolerate BS.

Here's a thing. Africa takes ten steps back and stands still. How long will an import license take?. He said a week!!!!!!!.   

I swear Satan is involved in trying to stop this build.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #3562 on: October 31, 2022, 05:50:55 PM »
So .....You need to get something into the country without the people in charge noticing or caring?🤔🤔🤔.....Nah, better not. Good luck Mike.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 05:56:13 PM by floydjer »
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3563 on: October 31, 2022, 06:11:55 PM »
That is what Operation Lockstep is all about -- lock us all down under Administrative Governments so that we all have to say

"Please May I Boss" "yes sir boss"  "I didn't know boss" " I do better next time" They want us all living like serfs and not able to leave the Lord and Masters Estate.   

Going South from the US one encounters  "Mordita"   sp  " The Little Bite" to get things done.  sorta like Brylcream  Sp "A little dab will do you!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3564 on: October 31, 2022, 06:28:21 PM »
Mike, In some places the corruption is bad but on top of that, there are people who start free lancing demands for payment where none is warranted. Is that guy collecting for the gov't or for himself?

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #3565 on: October 31, 2022, 08:50:42 PM »
Several years ago I was in Progresso Mexico  and paid a cop $2 to watch my car while I was in a bar.....He was still there when I came out AND blocked traffic so I could back out of the parking spot. Racing! :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3566 on: November 01, 2022, 03:43:46 AM »
Guys, you have no idea what this place is like. 8% of the population keep the economy going.
Corruption is a national sport. World champions if they had games.
They can't supply a reliable power grid so now they are going to tax people who have gone off grid by using solar panels.
We have a black out schedule here. In Stages!!!!!!!!!!!. 4 means 4 times a day. They can't even get the schedule right.
I told some techie who came to cut off my power for non payment that I'm not going to pay my bill. What are you going to do?, cut me off??????.  :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
I had 5 years worth of receipts on hand and it turns out that I was actually in the black 2 years in advance. They said they would come back to me if I was in the red. Never heard from them again.
I still have books here from the early 70s I paid 99c for. In the US the book sold for $2.50. Our currency was strong. Now it's R20/USD. Big swing.

I sent an email to the rep at the department of trade and industry over this import permit "FOR A GIFT".  :dhorse:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3567 on: November 10, 2022, 08:17:25 AM »
To my generous friend I thank you.

The rubber arrived and with everything else related to this build it was WAR.

I'm now known as a 67 year veteran who is certifiably insane. No prison for me, I go to the mental hospital.
Might be true???????. I was told my funds paid would be forfeit and the tires sent back to customs warehouse for destruction.
I did lose it but my tone was more scary than the "threats". Hannibal Lecter style.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3568 on: November 20, 2022, 04:40:00 PM »
After the customs/DHL fiasco things got back to a sense of normality.
My inlet manifold is with Duncan for welding. He says I should have it tomorrow
and then it will go for milling and the holes for the injector bungs drilled. After that is done
back to Dunc again for the bungs to be welded.

I'm getting a top of the range Cloyes timing set. A gift. My partner's niece Sonya is in Austin setting up
her new home so we've been looking after her dog Roxy who is supposed to be shipped in Feb.
This little dog walked into my house, looked around and adopted me. She sits outside the bathroom door
waiting for me. We're close and my 5 Jack Russells don't mind. She's family now and my gut says she's
staying right here.
I sent Sonya a message and said I wanted a present against the advice of my better half. She said with
pleasure. "What do you want?". I told her. Now I need to ask you guys where she can buy the timing set?.
She's no car chick and she's in a strange country. I was thinking Summit or Jegs but I don't know if they have a central warehouse that ships
or have branches in locations around the country.
Can anyone tell me where she can buy the set in Austin, Texas without too much hassle?.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #3569 on: November 20, 2022, 05:44:54 PM »
Your parts are looking nice Mike.

Pete