Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1459305 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #3630 on: September 12, 2023, 12:46:19 AM »
Hang in there, Mike. A good attitude can take you a long way...and you're doing it!

Thanks Neil. At times I feel like a beggar but it's part of the deal. I swear it's like eating a bus an ounce of filings a day.
Just this dam wall in front of me but hey quitting is not an option. My intentions are good and I do get Divine Intervention.

Thanks for the kind words. You guys keep me going. Without all of you on the forum this doesn't happen.🙏

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3631 on: September 12, 2023, 12:49:00 AM »
You know all about the one man band Sid.

Coming from you this means a lot.

Thank you brother.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3632 on: September 19, 2023, 10:47:19 AM »
Another sponsor on board.

I have doubts about my country and then I meet another good guy.
They're out there. I find them. Years ago I helped Guido assemble his Rover motor.
The guy thinks they're awesome. I don't judge. We're busy with gaskets and sealer.
I've built a few but you guys make me look like a total beginner. I see the quality of
the gaskets and man that sealer was something else. You can see quality from the way it came
out of the tube. The beads were awesome. I asked and he said check the packaging.
Victor Reinz.

Last week I called the HQ and spoke to Brent Hinkley asking if he could send a rep to see me
because I need advice.
Dean called and got my details. He arrived in a real van with the right Vinyl and it shouted professional outfit.
We go through all the products. Some for turbo, exhaust, fuel and intake. Silicones, the whole deal.
On to the small talk. He grew up where my late dad did so we already had a connection.

The deal was he'd be in touch. If I needed more help just call.

The next day there's a hoot at the gate. Dean Carr!!!!. Open the gate, I brought goodies!!!.
He parks and says his mom and brothers decided to sponsor me. He's not just a rep but the director.
He loaded me with gasket materials, all the sealers you'd need for 20 motors, swag, gloves, utility knives and decals.

All I have is a suburb called Turffontein produced real men. Tough hood but a handshake is a contract. Awesome people.

Thanks Intrade!!!!. You guys rock. 👊👊👊

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3633 on: September 20, 2023, 03:27:39 PM »
EXCELLENT
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3634 on: September 26, 2023, 11:26:04 AM »
Thanks Neil.

Rekindling old relationships here. My Makita lamp died. First Makita tool to take a powder. I called my go to guy and luckily he left the company.
The head honcho quizzed me for about an hour on the previous deal. Cool guy, willing to engage. He sent the rep out to check. Very few have seen a long car in South Africa. "MINE!!!" and it's not finished. 8-)
Anyway we worked out a few things and I've got more tools coming but best of all these boys are interested. Thanks J.P., Pierre and Jean.
Working on the project daily and it's growing, not shrinking. So much to do. I love it. 😎😎😎😎😎

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3635 on: September 26, 2023, 12:06:18 PM »
Thanks Neil.

Rekindling old relationships here. My Makita lamp died. First Makita tool to take a powder. I called my go to guy and luckily he left the company.
The head honcho quizzed me for about an hour on the previous deal. Cool guy, willing to engage. He sent the rep out to check. Very few have seen a long car in South Africa. "MINE!!!" and it's not finished. 8-)
Anyway we worked out a few things and I've got more tools coming but best of all these boys are interested. Thanks J.P., Pierre and Jean.
Working on the project daily and it's growing, not shrinking. So much to do. I love it. 😎😎😎😎😎
Progress! You'll get there, Mike. Maybe someone will make a Hollywood movie about you, too.  :wink:

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3636 on: September 26, 2023, 12:17:38 PM »
BTW Mike, when we lived in Japan right after the War, we were friends with the Makita family. Here they are in 1948 or 1949; I don't know if they are the same "Makita" that makes tools now but ???

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3637 on: September 26, 2023, 02:17:25 PM »
We can only hope Neil.

I know everyone has their favourite brand but Makita is special.
No made in the PRC under licence junk.

Someone gave me a pretty upmarket drill in a box made by a company that had a great name in the 50s and 60s.
I told the guy I've been wanting a paint stirrer for a long time. Just steal one of the beaters out of the junk drawer
and you can mix resin, paint, thixotropic agents, you name it but don't try use it for making holes.

My Makita cut off saw cut 4,000 lengths of 16mm square wrought iron bar in 05 and I still haven't changed brushes.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #3638 on: September 26, 2023, 02:21:05 PM »
I have found that if I do something on a project every day? Darn thing comes together. Stick too it Mike.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3639 on: September 26, 2023, 10:18:18 PM »
Going like a Boeing right now Jerry.

I giggled when I first built the chassis. So much space!!!!!.
Not so much anymore. I have that bag of Pythons to tackle.
Thanks for the motivation brother.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #3640 on: September 27, 2023, 12:42:13 AM »
10-lb's of $hit in a 5-lb bag Mike. You should see the snake pit of oil, water & fuel lines in front of my engine & then there's two big-a$$ turbos on top of it all. Might need to borrow somebody's small child to work in there, if I don't pay em it's not child labor, right! :roll:.
Like I said to you once before, it's like eating an elephant, just one bite at a time until it's all gone.
  Sid.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3641 on: September 27, 2023, 04:33:22 AM »
 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Thanks Sid.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3642 on: September 27, 2023, 11:20:54 AM »
10-lb's of $hit in a 5-lb bag Mike. You should see the snake pit of oil, water & fuel lines in front of my engine & then there's two big-a$$ turbos on top of it all. Might need to borrow somebody's small child to work in there, if I don't pay em it's not child labor, right! :roll:.
Like I said to you once before, it's like eating an elephant, just one bite at a time until it's all gone.
  Sid.

"10-lb's of $hit in a 5-lb bag..." That is known as a "blivet".  :roll:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3643 on: October 03, 2023, 10:17:25 AM »
Neil I'm trying to cut out the cussing.  :laugh: :laugh:

How many times have I mentioned Divine Intervention on this build???. MANY.

It continues.

I met this guy Theo on Linkedin. He's in the mining belt in the Free State. We get chatting and eventually my trolley jack comes up. It's a hand-me-down and poked.
He asks make?. I know it's made in Denmark. He gets my address and his driver turns up to collect. A week later my jack is like new. Theo says my money's no good with him.
I'm saying what an awesome dude thinking he owns a small shop and does odd jobs on hydraulic cylinders in a mini factory complex.

Last night he calls out of the blue asking about Burkert solenoids and the sponsor Alvin. I tell him the guy is rock solid and put me onto three guys he knows who all came on board. He needs some special 8 grand 110v unit but heard Burkert only sell through agencies. Within 10 minutes I put the guys together and Alvin quoted 4,183!!!!. From my understanding Theo needs way more than one.
Theo asks about the long car so I tell him my sad story with machining. I have most of the materials and a guy to do CAD for the engineers at Honingcraft but my measuring equipment is DIY. Small vernier etc and not suited to measuring bigger parts accurately. He asks what size micrometers and verniers I need because he's got piles. I tell him I'm not skilled enough to measure the rearend spool and other critical parts because I'm no engineer.
It turns out he's personal friends with Gerrit and Beyers at Honingcraft. They do big business together. Then he says there's a guy Dave that does CNC for him. I also know Dave. He does awesome Aluminium work. He says he's Dave's biggest client and gave me a figure on his monthly spend. Theo isn't just some guy working out of a small shop!!!!!. He is the guy. He's all in and the parts are going to the Free State to be measured properly and he's taking it on himself to split the work between Honingcraft and Dave.

Between Theo, Honingcraft and Dave my machining woes are over. One small random act of kindness. The guy refurbed a jack out of the goodness of his heart for another guy 200 miles away. Add Alvin to the mix and one thing led to another. Theo is a good Christian guy and quotes verses from the Bible. He's like a gift from God. We spoke for hours last night on all kinds of stuff.

What are the chances of all this happening????. Slim to none but here we are. The Divine Intervention. Prayer, the BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!!!!. All I have.🙏

George is super fast and built a beautiful liner BUT he's never been on an adventure like mine!!!!!!. There's a book and movie in this miracle season.  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙏✝

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #3644 on: October 03, 2023, 02:43:01 PM »
Mike....Good things seldom happen to bad people. Carry on, JB
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.