Author Topic: Speedweek 2010  (Read 304762 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Speedweek 2010
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2010, 11:02:04 PM »
  Glen, if I can get the darn car to the five, you may call me anything you want including the "bump humper".  I would prefer, however, calling me "go to impound". :-D
  p.s.  Dan, do you prefer Beer in quantity or quality beer?  I will be there on Sunday and Monday (in impound, that is..........). :roll:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:05:04 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline dw230

« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
Bob,

My theory is that if there is a 'B', a couple of 'Es' and a 'R' anywhere on the label and someone gives it to me I'm drinking it.

I enjoy sampling some favorites of friends.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #167 on: July 08, 2010, 01:31:30 PM »
???

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline dw230

« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2010, 01:33:06 PM »
Nice try Mike.

I think my reputation precedes me.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »
Root beer will not put you at the top of the list at impound,right Dan. JEEZ, they never learn
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2010, 02:35:55 PM »
But I only had one can. LOL.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline dw230

« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2010, 02:58:23 PM »
That'll do it Tom.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »
Dan, you will need an extra green room in impound or one heck of a bladder. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2010, 08:54:09 PM »
I'll post that extra one near Dan's tent, okay?

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2010, 09:01:49 PM »
On another - slightly more serious note -- I got a call today from a guy that was out at the Salt doing some work, and he stopped at the Salt Flats Cafe for a bite to eat.  While there he saw a notice pinned to a bulletin board (I think that's what he said -- lousy phone connection).  The notice advised of an unfurnished Condo for rent in Wendover -- for $700/month!!  That's a decent price.  Unfurnished, but if all you and your group or crew need is a clean place to plop into your sleeping bags -- it's worth a bit of research.

He didn't get the phone number so I don't have it.  But here's the number for the S F Cafe:     Saltflats Cafe (435) 665-7550

I'd suggest that the conversation might go easier if you brush up on your Spanish before calling to ask whomever answers to go find that ad, copy the phone number and give it to you.  My language skills are in English only -- although I can order at said restaurant.

You might also try calling the West Wendover Welcome Center and asking one of the ladies there (Kerri Supanich is one -- I think the other lady is named Linda, but I'm not sure) if they know of the condo -- or any other short term rentals that are available.  The W Wendover Welcome Center is at (775) 664-3138.

Let us know what you discover, please -- but make your own reservations first.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »
I emailed & just got a response from JoAnn (SCTA-BNI) that the "tubes" went out last week so we should all be getting our posters/pins any day now!  :cheers:
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Papi

« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2010, 09:47:58 PM »
I emailed & just got a response from JoAnn (SCTA-BNI) that the "tubes" went out last week so we should all be getting our posters/pins any day now!  :cheers:

More Lube, Less Tube is my motto.   :mrgreen:
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2010, 04:34:46 PM »
Okay, got a question...........   :?

Since I have come down with a serious case of CRS  :roll:  Is there someone else needing a ride from the airport during Speed Week?  I've got the 1:00 pm arrival from Australia covered.  I seem to recall someone else needing a ride from SLC around midnight on the 13th.  (I knew I should have taken more notes!)   :|  

Anyway, I've got volunteers from my crew (bless their hearts) to pick up anyone needing a ride from SLC to either the salt or Wendover.  I just need to know in advance as to who needs a ride so that I can adjust their schedules.  We can't have anyone stranded at the airport when they're in such need of a salt fix!!  Don't worry about the hour being late....I just want you to have a wonderful time while being a part of the magic!!

And yes, you'll need your stinkin' pin to get on the salt.....so bring it with you or buy it at Land's End, either way it's the only way to get past me!!!   :evil:

Lynda

Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline koda

• New folks
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2010, 01:55:20 PM »
Special Thanks To Jon for allowing me to post this on the forum!!

There is a Hardware Store in Wendover called A&I Next to Smiths. The owners are excited for Raceweek to get here, They have asked me as a Fastener vendor to Expand their Selection.

I am requesting that as quickly as possible You as the customer base shoot me an email and let me know what you would like to see in the fastener section to help you finish your last minute fixes and repairs. They currently have a great selection of Grade 5 bolts, Carriage and Lags, Also some Sheet metal screws.  We supply Specialty Fasteners so Just let me know.  Really appreciate it and Hope it helps you all out too!

Thanks Again LANDRACING.COM

kodalee2005@yahoo.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2010, 10:56:09 AM »
Okay, boys and girls -- the new quiz is up and running.  You can get to it by following the link right on the front page of this site.

The quiz is for youse guys to guess the fastest speed of the vehicle in any of the five categories.  We'll have cars over 400, cars between 300 and 400, cars under 300, bike streamliners, and sit on bikes.  Closest to the actual speed without going over will win in each category.

One guess per category per entrant, please. 

There's an address to which you should send your entries -- click on it on the contest link page and it'll give you a properly-addressed and "subjected" email form. 

Please note that all speeds are in a measured mile -- NOT THE EXIT SPEED.

Winners will get one of the Bonneville DVDs that I've been given to use as gifts in the contests.  They're "Bonneville Wide Open", "World's Fastest Motorcycle", "Top Speed Shooutout", and any of a couple of the Mark Brazeau DVDs.  Get those entries in now -- the contest will close Wednesday, the 11th of August -- before anyone gts teched so you won't know if your entry has passed inspection, even.

Who's going to be the fastest of the fast?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com