Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2276956 times)

Offline Grumpy32

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3915 on: February 13, 2021, 01:38:25 AM »
The picture and the car both look good. Have fun with it. Stay safe and go fast!!!

Pete

Hi Pete,
Cheers... the plan is to do both...
 :cheers:

Offline Grumpy32

• New folks
« Reply #3916 on: February 13, 2021, 01:44:02 AM »
Nice car.... uh roadster.... but the big question is, it that a Coopers Stout? tough to tell with the size pic allowed in our forum. 
hope to see you on your or my salt one day....  :cheers:

Hi Stainless,
Coopers Stout comes out when it's a little cooler but I sure do drink it, any dark beer really... 1drink
Would love to get over there one day.. but if you get over here again some time I will have some cold Coopers ready...  :cheers:

Offline desotoman

« Reply #3917 on: February 13, 2021, 10:26:07 AM »
The roadster picture does not show up unless you are logged in. It was not that way before the crash. Does that means Guests cannot see the roadster picture that Grumpy32 posted?

Any reason why? Or is it just my machine?

Tom G.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 10:28:09 AM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3918 on: February 13, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »
Tom, not your machine unless it is just like mine....  :? I logged out and could not see the picture.  The picture is an attachment on the website...
My solution... stay logged in  :cheers:  lol8
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline desotoman

« Reply #3919 on: February 13, 2021, 12:31:30 PM »
Tom, not your machine unless it is just like mine....  :? I logged out and could not see the picture.  The picture is an attachment on the website...
My solution... stay logged in  :cheers:  lol8

Stainless,

Not a problem for me to stay logged in.  1drink

I am just wondering if people who are not registered and come as guests to read and view pictures, might have the same problem since they are not registered therefore cannot log in?

Thanks,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3920 on: February 13, 2021, 02:07:04 PM »
Tom... I see that BtWE is on it...
I rarely log out so I always forget about the lurkers that might happen by.  :laugh:
Stainless

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #3921 on: February 13, 2021, 02:10:43 PM »
this issue with the not visible photo is not new....

it is known and I wrote a while ago here a note about.....this issue was confirmed from other....

so it looks, that this issue is still not fixed..... :roll:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Beef Stew

« Reply #3922 on: February 17, 2021, 10:52:12 PM »
this issue with the not visible photo is not new....

it is known and I wrote a while ago here a note about.....this issue was confirmed from other....

so it looks, that this issue is still not fixed..... :roll:

I just logged in. The photo is not visible to me :x

I normally visit as a guest, if there is something I want to comment on, then I log in. If not, then I don't.
Former record holder at RIR ½ mile drags, El Mirage and Bonneville.

Beef Stew doesn't have his head where the sun-don't-shine. His head is in SoCal where the unusual is an everyday happening.

Offline YellowHound

• New folks
« Reply #3923 on: March 03, 2021, 09:11:54 AM »
Just introducing myself.
My name is Chris Tarling and I am a full-time photographer based in the UK.
I am planning on attending Speed Week in 2021 as a working trip to capture (some of) the stories of those who have battle the salt.
I'm particularly interested in finding out about UK based teams that will be there this year.
My plan is to attend the whole event and intensively photograph the action both in the pits and on the 'track'
Thanks  :|

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3924 on: March 03, 2021, 10:42:30 AM »
Howdy, Chris.  Best wishes for a great trip.  I'll say it before anyone else - You'll be wise to contact JoAnn Carlson at the SCTA office.  She's the media liaison (as well as damn near every other job) for the group, and she's the one that'll get you the credentials and safety-green vest (etc) you'll be needing. 

JoAnn:    office@scta-bni.org

See you on the salt, Chris!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline YellowHound

• New folks
« Reply #3925 on: March 03, 2021, 01:09:03 PM »
Howdy, Chris.  Best wishes for a great trip.  I'll say it before anyone else - You'll be wise to contact JoAnn Carlson at the SCTA office.  She's the media liaison (as well as damn near every other job) for the group, and she's the one that'll get you the credentials and safety-green vest (etc) you'll be needing. 

JoAnn:    office@scta-bni.org

See you on the salt, Chris!

Thanks for the heads-up Jon.
Already on it - JoAnn has been very helpful.

Offline RalphofDerby

• New folks
« Reply #3926 on: March 14, 2021, 07:34:18 PM »
Just got my rule book. Planning on getting out to the salt in a couple of years from now. So, I have plenty of time to set things up; although, I do have a bunch of questions, even after reading the book. I have a 2018 Harley Davidson Road King. After market exhaust, seat and badging removed. Engine is stock displacement of 107"/1753cc. Aftermarket cam, lifters and pushrods. I want to enter during Speed Week. I have been considering modifying displacement to 124"/2032cc or 128"/2097cc. Originally, I wasn't thinking of a record run. I just wanted to run the salt and experience Speed Week. As the months move from one to the next and having, once again, watched "The Worlds Fastest Indian," perhaps a record attempt would be the way to go. After looking at the class designations, I think that I would be better off with the 117"/1917cc option.

Also, I am in need of recommendations for steering damper and belt guard options.
I want to thank all of you for keeping this legacy alive.

Thank You,
Ralph

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3927 on: March 14, 2021, 09:03:33 PM »
Ralph, you didn't mention where you are located.... someone in your area might be good to talk to....
If I read my book correctly M pushrod gas under 2L is a 171ish with or without a fairing...
Above 2L under 3L looks like 154ish with a fairing... and whatever you run without one... Bigger motors don't always go faster, but.... how fast do you want to go...
 :cheers:
Stainless

Offline salt27

« Reply #3928 on: March 14, 2021, 11:28:29 PM »
Ralph, you didn't mention where you are located.... someone in your area might be good to talk to....

Stainless, pay attention, Ralph is from Derby.     :deal   :-D

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3929 on: March 14, 2021, 11:34:58 PM »
Kansas, Connecticut, UK? :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!