Author Topic: Milwaukee Midget  (Read 3318215 times)

Offline Graham in Aus

Re: Milwaukee Midget
« Reply #1725 on: October 19, 2012, 07:33:17 PM »
My wife perplexed as to why I am sat here in front of the screen laughing!   :-D

Will the deity be perfoming miracles of the larger diameter lifter variety??

Amen :wink:

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #1726 on: October 19, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »
The medium of Mundelein has been in council with the oracle of Santa Rosa, but until the fleet of fleet-footed couriers in their chestnut chariots delivers the scepter, we must await our fate.  
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

gkabbt

« Reply #1727 on: October 20, 2012, 06:44:52 AM »
The medium of Mundelein has been in council with the oracle of Santa Rosa, but until the fleet of fleet-footed couriers in their chestnut chariots delivers the scepter, we must await our fate.  

LMAO..... :-D

Gregg

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #1728 on: October 20, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »
Re: Patron Saint of your project...............

By the way, we're looking for a patron saint to whom we can attribute the miracles of the continued existence of this silly little motor I'm building.

Right now, we've got two candidates -

St. Edmund, who happens to be the patron saint of Abingdon on Thames.  The guy was beaten and shot with arrows, and eventually beheaded.  Personally I can relate to this one.  Some days, I feel beaten up by this project, I've suffered the slings and arrows of misfortune, and there are times when I feel as though I'm going to lose my head.

The other is going to require assistance from the Vatican.  I'm proposing putting my good friend "Dumb Luck" up for beatification and canonization.  The faithful will then change his name to "Saint Mowog".

In an e-mail correspondence between Fordboy and myself, my arguement went like this -

Saint Mowog was present when I didn't blow up the Midget at Maxton, and when I didn't blow up the Midget last November on the dyno, and when we didn't hydro lock cylinders 1 and 2 on the dyno last month.

Clearly documentable miracles, all!

Saint Mowog would be the patron saint of near misses.

"Arise, Dumb Luck, for you have proven yourself worthy (if unreliable at times) to be venerated and ascribed a name that is well known in garages and recycling facilities the world over.  Henceforth, you will go forth into the world (not wandering too far off of the beaten path, mind you) and also be well known to skate boarders, jay walkers, extreme sports aficionados, moto cross racers, along with your diminishing flock of British automobile owners, as Saint Mowog ." 

Midget,

After much research, soul-searching, re-reading of e-mails, and backgrounds of the various Sanctified candidates, etc, etc,   I have decided to cast my vote for; (if I even have a vote, after all, it's your project & MG)      St. Dema of Elgin!!
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Ford (not a former altar) boy

Midget, et all,

After watching the debates recently, I have been doing some soul-searching about how to bootstrap myself (and my friends) into the  membership of the elite 1%.   Since the basis of membership in the 1% is: "Having it all",  I have decided there is no reason to not start "Having it all".    Step one of "Having it all" is:  NOT choosing a SINGLE Patron Saint!!!    Many causes have multiple Patron Saints, no self-serving elite would be satisfied with one of anything!!  (Well, perhaps just one car elevator per residence......)

Thus, I suggest that your Patron Saints, at a minimum, should be:

A)  St. Edmund, the patron Saint of Abingdon on Thames.  (Your main guy, already canonized, recognized, etc, etc,)

B)  St. Mowog (Paf), the former pagan deity 'Dumb Luck', 'Christianized'.  (Your back-up or spare. All racers recognize the need for 'spares'.  Christianizing of pagan deities has been a common practice of the Vatican over the centuries.   It is done to neutralize the objections of former pagans about the 'Christian' deities by including some of their own into the "new order".   Definitely applies here.)

C)  St. Augustine of Hippo, the primary patron Saint of brewers.  (No further explanation needed, although all the Saints connected to brewing & consumption could/should be included.  Why not have it all??)   (Sorry, no patron Saint listed for 'Beerhaven'.   This MUST be addressed at some point in the future.......)
http://www.beerhistory.com/library/holdings/patron_saints.shtml

D)  St. Dema of Elgin, the oracle of Santa Rosa.  (A living deity here on earth.   Your conduit, as it is, to the higher powers above......as in: valve train......)

Just my 2 cents.  Apologies in advance for the thread hijack.......
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: & a prayer to St. Augustine of Hippo........
temporarily,
Sudsboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1729 on: October 20, 2012, 10:37:56 AM »

B)  St. Mowog (Paf), the former pagan deity 'Dumb Luck', 'Christianized'.  (Your back-up or spare. All racers recognize the need for 'spares'.  Christianizing of pagan deities has been a common practice of the Vatican over the centuries.   It is done to neutralize the objections of former pagans about the 'Christian' deities by including some of their own into the "new order".   Definitely applies here.)

For clarification, we're not looking to register St. Mowog with the patent office.  PAF, in this case, does not stand for Patent Applied For. 

No, we're going to make the leap of faith, so henceforth, with respect to installation of deities, PAF will stand for Papal Approval Forthcoming.

God drove Adam and Eve out of the garden in his Fury.  Jesus met with his apostles in an Accord.  I suppose I have room in the Midget for a handful of deities . . .

Offline AJR192

« Reply #1730 on: October 20, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »
Jesus drives a Honda????

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1731 on: October 20, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »
Jesus drives a Honda????

Well, it doesn’t say who OWNED the Accord, only that they met in one.

Maybe it belonged to Thomas, but I’d need to see further proof.

When I was about 10 years old, the Sox and Martin road show came to First Avenue Chrysler Plymouth in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  My dad and I went, and I recall on the back of one of the cars this statement –

“And on the seventh day, God created the Hemi”.

So it seems that God prefers Mopars, but there must have been an engine swap.  I think the Fury only came with the RB block.

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1732 on: October 20, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »
Murphy will still be trying to run things! :evil: :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #1733 on: October 20, 2012, 11:48:06 AM »
God drove Adam and Eve out of the garden in his Fury.  Jesus met with his apostles in an Accord.  I suppose I have room in the Midget for a handful of deities . . .

Midget,

Are there Canons of Ethics for LMAO???
Sudsboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1734 on: October 20, 2012, 12:04:02 PM »

Are there Canons of Ethics for LMAO???
Sudsboy

The topic is theology.

Ethics have nothing to do with building a race car.

Offline Tman

« Reply #1735 on: October 20, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »
Jesus drives a Honda????

No but Jesus built my hotrod.  :wink:

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1736 on: October 20, 2012, 12:33:54 PM »
Jesus drives a Honda????

No but Jesus built my hotrod.  :wink:

And Ministry is a key component of theology.    :wink:

Offline Tman

« Reply #1737 on: October 20, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
Hot rod preaching for the un-washed masses. Good catch Chris :cheers:

http://youtu.be/GXCh9OhDiCI

gkabbt

« Reply #1738 on: October 21, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »

So I let my wife, who is a VERY staunch Southern Baptist, read this and she was not amused.....:-D 
I, on the other hand, continued LMAO.....:evil:

Absolutely LOVE this thread.....A Midget Land Speed Race Car, Beer and now Theology.
I cannot wait to see what comes next.....:cheers:

Gregg

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1739 on: October 21, 2012, 12:39:35 PM »
DRIFT TRIKES  :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!