Author Topic: M/C minimums again.  (Read 83330 times)

Offline Rick Roberts

Re: M/C minimums again.
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »
I agree you can't compaire the different courses. Each venue has it's challenges to going fast. Noonan, Sheirts, Mc vicar, Amo and many others. They are all talented riders who have attained some awsome accomplishments. Not to take anything away from anyone but if the goal is to be the fastest on a sit on bike, the Flying Dutchman has acheived something nobody else has. A 265 time slip from a LSR event. Quite an accopmlshment,     
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 01:16:41 PM by Rick Roberts »
ECTA 200 Club

Super Kaz

« Reply #226 on: December 03, 2006, 11:12:07 AM »
The Flying Dutchman's 265 was with a VERY strong tailwind. His return was about 228 into the wind. He did have mechanical problems coming back. Thus his record is "only" 246 something as a return was required by the sanctioning body. Only an 80' trap. John's 259 full mile with an air to air intercooler is a staggering achievement. It took mucho HP. His down run was 246 showing how difficult back to back runs are at Bonneville. Speed maintained for 10,560'. Eighty times greater than Maxton. Lee's 260 at Maxton was the culmination of years of development. Each meet, each run brought another MPH as they learned what the bike, rider and course demanded. 132' trap. Technically I feel the Maxton record was the most difficult to attain. Spiritually John's Bonneville FIM WORLD RECORD of 252 means the most. It represents the best of nearly a century of attempts. I admire them all. It takes someone special to build and race such bikes.   

Larry,

Thank you for the kind words, they are very heart felt and I treasure the great runs we have both  (Steve, Mark and I ) made down the salt over the years, I know that Steve and I do not get along however we are a like in many ways and I feel that is a part of it.  Congrat's on the 10K you won at the Bub's meet this year Larry.

Larry and others, last night Lee and I were talking about the speeds we have both run as we have in the past and we have both agreed that Maxton and Bonneville cannot be compared from what I have experianced at Maxton and what Lee has either seen or heard about Bonneville.  I told Lee that I felt I could run about 250 at Maxton with several trips under my belt however I told Lee again last night that I felt NO ONE could beat him at Maxton on a Turbo bike as he is not only a very talented rider/builder and tuner he is also much more crazy than I am and I do not feel that I could run the 260 that he has.  Lee is the MAN!!

Now at Bonneville the 246 run from Amo is one of the best timed runs ever and if he could have stuck around another day Joe could possibly have the fastest SCTA record ever at Bonneville to sit along side or even above my FIM record.

This year I will build another sit-on bike to try to bump the SCTA top speed record as well and hope to see Larry, Steve, Porkchop, etc at Bonneville.

To all of the racers be safe, go fast and have fun!  That is what it is all about!

J

J,
well Mr. World's Fastest I'd like to add something to this!

I'm Very New to LSR just getting my A Lic. from the BUB Event the Year Before.

I've been a World Class Athelet all my Life ,and Have Raced Motorcycles in one form or another since I was 10yrs.

I Learned Quickly that Too Be The Best You Have too Learn from The Best!

So that is what I have done!

Since going to the Gary Baily School of Motocross when I was 13.

Too Freedie Spencer's Superbike School,and Jason Predmore Star Super Bike Camp.

Then to Frank Hawley Drag Racing School by George Bryce's- NHRA Pro Stock Bike School!

I got to meet John and Michele the 1st Time I had come to Bonneville and had scene him from the Discovery Channel Special!

Well I introduced myself,and before you know it we are haven a GPS Pit Bike Races as I knew I could'nt Beat him on anything else!

Well I DON'T HOW"HE CHEATED?",but he went 6 or 8 mph Faster Then me!

I Tried Everything I could Think of and Could'nt get Close!

"He Would'nt Let me watch"

So I still think he Got a Tow or anything but He did Beat Me"I Never LOSE!!!"!

I knew right then and there This Guy know His stuff!

Michele was also my Life Saver in the Paperwork department"THANK YOU SO MUCH"

I soon after got to Meet Jason Mc Vicar !

he drove all the way from CANADA in a Hooptie Toyota mini truck,and Slept in the front Seat!

I was Blown away at How Hard these Guy's Worked,and Never Stopped ALL DAY LONG!

I got Sick after my 1st couple Run's and Needed to get out of the Heat!

Not those two as they went at it like Mad men!

To Watch John Go 261mph"GPS" across Bonneville from inside my Renegade Totter Home then Jason 242 NAKED"John Said that was INSANE" was the Most Awesome RACING SEEN Thing Ever!

They Truely are in a League of thier own!

Nothing against the Other Racer's and I've Never Been to Maxton ,Texas or El Mirage"yet".

So I'm sure there are Great Racer's there Too!

When John say's it's Crazy"Lee's pass at Maxton" that Blows me away as He Set a Record in a Flash Flood Rain Storm one Race  I was watching!

I could'nt Believe my EYE'S FROM INSIDE MICHELE'S TRUCK!

I have just recently talked with some of the Real Pioneer's of Our Sport and Really have a Lot too Learn!

I'm just Glad that I have had the chance too meet and Race against some of The Greatest LSR Racer's in the World.

I only hope that I will be able to continue to Learn and Go Faster Ever Time I Race..........

p.s Lil' Jon Thank You for all the Great Work and Advice you have Given me too! Your Forum is The Best!!!!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #227 on: December 03, 2006, 11:27:43 AM »
Hey Kaz,
How do you find time to race on Sunday with your part time preacher job ?  LOL

You know I tend to mostly find fault with stuff. but you are certainly headed in the right direction kid.
Jack
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Super Kaz

« Reply #228 on: December 03, 2006, 11:42:15 AM »
Hey Kaz,
How do you find time to race on Sunday with your part time preacher job ?  LOL

You know I tend to mostly find fault with stuff. but you are certainly headed in the right direction kid.
Jack

Thank's Old Wise One!!!!!!!! :wink:

P.S Are you done eaten Breakfast Yet???????? :-D

landracing

« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2006, 02:00:37 AM »
Scott,

All fine and dandy...

What if... Salt conditions do not allow that far of a runup... Salt conditions only allow for a 5 mile track like the SCTA setup? what happens to an FIM entrant who runs on those type of conditions. I ask only because the likely hood fo that happening is pretty high.

The other scenario would be that an FIM entrant uses the "Short" course at BUB's. 2 mile runup to a one mile timed segment. That would equal an SCTA course.

Jon
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:02:28 AM by landracing »

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #230 on: December 05, 2006, 02:40:13 AM »
So I guess the question is, should the minimums change from hour to hour, AM to PM and day to day.
Should they be factored by the distance ?
Is it a case where the fast ones just have to get lucky ?
In the case where an otherwise M bike beats a record that is classified as a limited restriction A, would that be disallowed ?
I think I get it.
This should be interesting.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

aswracing

« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2006, 03:54:17 PM »
I just checked out the 2007 MC minimums. I can see y'all put a lot of thought into this!

1000cc MPS-PF: 210
1000cc APS-PF: 205 (well of course, A bikes are slower than M bikes!)

1350cc MPS-PF: 210
1350cc APS-PF: 210

1650cc MPS-PF: 205 (Timbo Horton)
1650cc APS-PF: 215

2000cc MPS-PF: 210
2000cc APS-PF 214 (Dan Kinsey)

This makes a lot of sense! Make "M" minimums as high or higher than "A" minimums, despite the new requirement for factory cases in M, raise all the numbers, and make 1000cc the same as 2000cc. Glad to know y'all are doing this so carefully.

BTW, I noticed how you added 10mph to 1650cc APS-PF. We almost had it last year, broke the crank on the backup pass. I'm sure your moving the number up was just a coincidence though.

Great job  :roll:

Frankly, I think you're making a joke out of the 2 club.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 04:03:20 PM by aswracing »

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: M/C minimums against the World.
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2006, 04:39:17 PM »
"Some things that are done behind closed doors should have the lock on the outside." (ME) :?

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2006, 06:07:06 PM »
22 pages and 315 replys and still no answer, no wonder the two wheel bunch are confused.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

dwarner

« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2006, 08:28:56 AM »
Aaron,

I think you are pointing your post to the 200 MPH Club. This is not their webpage or direct contact point. Maybe a question directly to Pat Kinne and Scott Guthrie would yield some positive results. The 200 club booklet is not yet published and is possibly open to revision.

What answer did you receive from the committee on this?

DW

aswracing

« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2006, 09:16:47 AM »
Dan, you're confusing me with someone who gives a shit.

I don't go racing to try to win some arbitrary, moving target prize as determined by personalities and popularity and ignorance rather than achievement. Winning that kind of approval doesn't matter to me. Like I said, IMO they've made a joke out of it.

dwarner

« Reply #236 on: December 21, 2006, 09:49:09 AM »
OK,

DW

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2006, 12:42:49 PM »

I don't go racing to try to win some arbitrary, moving target prize as determined by personalities and popularity and ignorance rather than achievement.

here here...

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2006, 02:42:48 PM »
I sense a degree of frustration. :wink:

landracing

« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2006, 03:46:15 PM »
I am a supporter of the minimums. However, this should have been done to raise the bar in classes to interpret outstanding achievement.  And that was done a few years ago, NOW moving minimums when someone is within striking distance. Now that isn't right.  And should be frowned upon.

Jon