Author Topic: World Finals 2012 Racing  (Read 155623 times)

Offline Tman

Re: World Finals 2012 Racing
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »
I'm doing some long distance tuning over the cell/internet this week for my buddy Wally Kohler and his side car bike. The record is 166.4 (I think). The past few weeks he made the changes we talked about after speed week and I looked at the atmospheric conditions and made him some tune up maps. His crew chiefs Carlos & Jon loaded tune up #1 in it this morning.  Well,  he just called me and it went 174+ out of the box. I look forward to hearing about his back up run.  JC

Thats awesome JC!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2012, 01:06:10 PM »
Okay - It's one thing driving down to Webster Groves and testing in the Max Audio Studios - her in the field, well - -We're down an FM receiver - the old Nakamichi gave up the ghost.  What you're hearing is a dynamic microphone set in front of a boom box (with no headphone jack?!?!?!?  :-o ), and the omni mic on top of the Seldom Seen Mobile unit.

I checked the audio right up until it goes into the computer - I can say with confidence that we've got the cleanest signal possible, given the lash-up.

We'll soldier on - comments welcome.

Chris
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2012, 01:43:44 PM »
I'm just now getting back online.  I had a semi-cataclysmic laptop failure and lost some files.  A lot of files.  Fortunately I had some recovery software installed and I've recovered a good number of 'em.  I'm still workin in it.  We're also in a wind hold because of gusting winds coming from all directions (more or less) between 10 and 20 mph.

More later.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2012, 01:59:51 PM »
Harold Osmer is the new announcer.  He comes to Bville this time - for his first-ever visit.  But - he's been the track announcer at the old 605 track (he says -- it's all foreign to me).  He's written books about racing, too - but again, I don't know personally.  Ron Christensen, the regular announcer for SpeedWeek and WoS, ius here to help Harold get up to speed (so to speak).

As you may have read, we're on a wind hold now -- about 10-14 here at the line, and quite a bit higher at the tower.  I'm going to make a low-speed pass first time, but even so -- 150 or so - I'll wait 'til they open the course.  The low speed pass is at the request of the inspectors, following Nancy's crash on the bike last month.  Because there's no easy way to check for a tweaked frame (for instance) - they want me to go out there and see if the bike handles all right.  Of course if I'm all over the track because of the wind -- well, was it the wind or is it me or is it the bike?

So we wait.  I don't have a photo of it but will get one later -- of streaming central HQ at our pit.  How spiffy it looks!?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 02:27:50 PM »
Sound is better now.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 02:28:34 PM »
Mariani Farms is pitted right next to us and we've had a chance to give their vehicles a look or two.  Here's a detail for you:  billet wheels and bolt-on wheel cover discs.

Here is a bunch of photos I took yesterday and even the day before as we cruised the pits and the lines at inspection.  Just look and enjoy. . .

Here's a closeup of that new air intake on Jeff Brock's car:

Some people bring their own version of "color" to the salt:

Pork Pie will be driving the MSA lakester again -- trying to bump his record just a few tenths - up to over 200.  He's waiting here at the line with us -- just waiting. . .

Bob Drury's car:

Bob Drury working on his chute:

That's enough for now.  Ray will continue posting, and if we ever make a run I'll get back to the pits and maybe find some more photo opportunities.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »

Harold Osmer is the new announcer.  He comes to Bville this time - for his first-ever visit.  But - he's been the track announcer at the old 605 track (he says -- it's all foreign to me).  He's written books about racing, too - but again, I don't know personally.  Ron Christensen, the regular announcer for SpeedWeek and WoS, ius here to help Harold get up to speed (so to speak).

Maybe the same person?

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/bookreviews/07wheretheyraced/

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »
I'm at the 1 1/4, we've just had a truck come down the course blowin huge amounts of black diesel smoke...and then about the 5 mile it lost a tire tread...so they're still picking up tread.  Now they'yre sending bikes doen the course.  Wind has died down a lot but that's made the flies come out in hordes.  I'm using a 3-pronged attack while running my recovery process: 2 fly strips (both heavily populated), insect spray and the bug zapper.  I've finally had to close the front of the Burb off and idle with the A/C running. 

I hope to get some photos posted soon.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2012, 03:44:33 PM »
Was that PorkPie or Stainless in the Bockscar at 203??

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2012, 03:56:34 PM »
It's the imput, that fluffy sound.  Perhaps they need a wind screen for the mic. 

I hope it's Pork Pie in the car.  He needs a red hat.

New computer is the gnat's ass.

Are these flie attracted to me, or to my mental garbage?
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline joea

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2012, 03:59:35 PM »
Porkpie

Offline doug

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2012, 04:02:25 PM »
Porkpie

Anybody hear who this was?  C/BFMS went 379?

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 04:07:22 PM »
Was that the ?Brodix? powered Triumph Spitfire GT6?

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
Porkpie

Anybody hear who this was?  C/BFMS went 379?

WOW  :-o  really??
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Shanes824

• New folks
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
sounds great :cheers: :cheers: