Author Topic: World Finals 2012 Racing  (Read 155617 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: World Finals 2012 Racing
« Reply #285 on: October 08, 2012, 01:31:09 PM »
Bob D didn't tell you the fuel line was not connected it the pits when I went to see him and got strayed. it's ok I still like the old fart. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #286 on: October 08, 2012, 01:43:18 PM »
Folks,

at first, I'm safe back home.....and I could work it out to get my smile through the plane door.... :roll:

Thanks to all the well wisher at the salt and at the internet.....I fear I got this time more bruises from the "congratulater" than from driving the car...... :-D

About my runs.....Stainless had all the rights to yellling on me after my first return run.....I done a stupid rookie mistake....had to go out latest on the end of the 2 mile....was a big lesson for me.....luckily the engine survived my "attack" and JohnBoy could fix the valve of the airshifter system...so at last everything works great out....job done....red hat on the the head....and I'm for ever in the book....and if only in the 200 Club.....but I'm a very proud member.

Congratulation to all who also set a record....especially on Friday and Saturday.....this was real hard work....Jim True told me the same experience....fighting against the hard crosswind.

Again a big, big thank you to Stainless, JohnBoy, Barc, Aaron, that they brought the Bockscar back to finish the job.

...and Milwaukee...dumping my Fedora....that thing is only 10 years old....and is my trademark....alright....honestly....I try to replace the Akubra during the year...but couldn't do it...the Akubra hat comes from Australia and is hard to find in Germany....I know a store close to my place...but I never had time to go there....

This was a fantastic year for me at the salt....a long time dream became reality...at first the record....and now the hat....wow.....

Stainless and his team shows what Bonneville Spirit means....

...and that they let me run on my last return run with this crosswind.....I have no idea what they had in their mind....now or never.....or....the trust in me that I would bring the racer safe back....what I done at last.....

There is still more in for a faster record...but than the course and weather condition had to be better......I done my best without killing something....and I hope that Stainless voice could recover meanwhile.... 8-)

now starts the ten months wintertime....may be we have to wake up to eastern to be ready for August.....

Stay crazy, stay upright

Looking for to see you all in August 2013

....did I have to chance now from record holder to 200 Miles Club member????????
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:45:41 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #287 on: October 08, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »
Pork Pie, so happy for you and glad you are home with all the bragging rights, you earned them. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #288 on: October 08, 2012, 02:34:17 PM »
Pork Pie, I'm really happy that you had a chance to drive a fast car at Bonneville and that you made the most of that opportunity-- congratulations on your record!

Regarding your old hat, now you can just give it a paint job instead of buying a new one.... red, of course-- in recognition of your fine accomplishment.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline GH

« Reply #289 on: October 08, 2012, 02:43:35 PM »
I'm real happy for you PP. I'll bet no one in your neighborhood or your working friends have any idea what you have done. They just can't amagine going that fast, right?

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #290 on: October 08, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »
Note:

Keith Copeland, the owner and driver (C/BFMS Black Salt Racing ), is from Tucson. His car was built here in Tucson by Mark Hanson of StrangeFab Metalcraft. It has front-wheel drive, by the way.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:31:04 PM by manta22 »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #291 on: October 08, 2012, 03:39:57 PM »
Pork Pie, I think the club is making hat bands next year, like the one on my hat, so don't toss out that signature hat yet... maybe it just needs a new hat band. 
Of course until that time the red one should only come off when you wash your hair....  :roll:  Wait a minute.... maybe just to wash your head.... don't remember seeing any hair  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #292 on: October 08, 2012, 04:16:52 PM »
Stainless, Pork Pie just has a bit of trouble discerning when he stops washing his face and starts washing his head.  :roll: Wayno

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2012, 04:33:10 PM »
PP   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wayne O   :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #294 on: October 08, 2012, 05:32:33 PM »
Congrats PorkPie! I did not get to say more than hi this year at Speedweek.

Offline Tom Shannon

• http://www.landracing.com
« Reply #295 on: October 08, 2012, 10:08:33 PM »
Wunderbar Pork Pie!!
Tom Shannon
On The Road

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #296 on: October 09, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »
On the very day, after 20 years, Thomas got his red hat.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2012, 11:07:25 AM »
The Press, at work, and the temporary studio of audio what-nots in front of Slim's trailer.

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #298 on: October 09, 2012, 11:09:16 AM »
Bob Drury, at the starting line.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #299 on: October 09, 2012, 11:59:15 AM »
50F and cloudy in central Minnesota as we continue towards home.  We should eat at our own table and sleep in our own bed tonight.  It's been a long trip, as usual.

Thanks for the many comments about the way this website presented World Finals to you.  I've been reading them - and will take a bit of time to cogitate over what has been said and written - and see how we can make things better for everyone as time proceeds in an orderly fashion.  I've got my opinions, just like all the rest of you, and will try to temper my feelings with those of the whole great bunch of you out there in landracing.com - land.

Back to riding on bumpy Minnesota Hwy.210.  I'll say more later.  Thanks to all that followed along, and to those of you that helped make the Finals a fine event. 

Later -  :-)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com