Author Topic: World Finals 2012 Racing  (Read 155628 times)

Offline JonAmo

Re: World Finals 2012 Racing
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »
Next Favorite quote, (announcer says)  "Hey Ron (Christianson) do you know Ron Main?"

Jon

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
The "Steamliner" finally got a run.  One of the starters asked us (photographers) to move back farther than usual, so we did.

Just after I shot the 2nd photo, Lee Kennedy motioned for me to come closer, presumably so I could get some closer shots...

...like the 3rd one.

And the launch which was silent but pretty rapid.  As the starter said, "it's the fastest steam car I've ever seen."  I had to agree, since neither of us saw the Steami' Demon in its day.

All in all, it was a successful shakedown run.  We'll see what happens...and if they decide to run again...or what.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
Ray, thanks for the reporting....oh wait, I forgot your just a photographer. :-D

Offline Hellcat Customs

Re: Re: World Finals 2012 Racing
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2012, 05:50:42 PM »
Is there anywhere were the new established records are posted as the world final is under way?

Offline joea

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »
...i got a call from competitor..."sorry dont know much to tell you so and so
on different course...the fm's not announcing speeds...the communication out here
f'in sucks..."...

gotta love it that the new guy comes across as a box of rocks trying to report on
somethin he has NO first hand KNOWLEDGE OF.....with all due respect...means I have
absolutely NONE...not one  ounce of respect for  anything
he has to say....i dont give a flip if I ever hear what he has to say...IM SO  NOT
IMPRESSED THAT THE ORGANIZATION DIDNT ALLOW FOR 25 YR PLUS TIMER/ANNOUNCER/VOLUNTEER
TO BE THERE TO FACILITATE THE FNG....HE WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER LAST THE TEST OF TIME
like GLEN DID.......

did i mention that what the new announcer says means NOTHING to me and my close peers, thank goodness
Ron Christensen is there for us.....ill wait to chat about who ran what with my peers......of which the announcer
is NOT.....

i usally sit on messages like this overnight at least...i did go back through it a few times and tone it down
without stronger words, more palatable etc.....

maybe its age...sometimes leaving things un-said is more of a travesty than expressing it...

disclaimer...im sure the new announcer is a swell guy, good person etc, not disputing that....not his fault... the
changes and new system etc....

hope the new system is helping logistics of running of meet, enhanced commo and safety...THAT is very admirable...BUT its a slap in the face
to have someone with no first hand knowledge be put up to offer "color commentary"......
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:02:12 PM by joea »

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
Ray, thanks for the reporting....oh wait, I forgot your just a photographer. :-D

LOL!!

Offline Tman

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2012, 05:57:05 PM »
Tell us how you really feel Joe?  :-D

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »
Ah Joe, I need you for the laughs.

So this Scott Guthrie guy holds a few records? Any idea how many? I'd give you my opinion, BUT I CAN'T COUNT THAT HIGH.

Is there anywhere were the new established records are posted as the world final is under way?
Yesterday's runs are up.
http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/World%20Finals%202012/results.html
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2012, 06:35:49 PM »
And the records they're running against are here: http://scta-bni.org/Bonneville/Records/BNI_records.htm

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline maj

« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2012, 06:36:36 PM »
Late catching up in the morning here
Thanks everyone for the updates and pics, sound is coming through pretty good except for interferance (feedback ??)

old news about Jons tire now , but the guys out the back of the truck stop changed quite a few for us during WOS and shootout

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2012, 07:29:06 PM »
The buzz is ticking me off to no end.  Brother Chris left yesterday and I hope he is not listening.  Our tuner died, the replacement is sensitive to things.  And, I'll tell the rest of the story in my memoire.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »
PP's record return didn't get shifted out of first....air solenoid stuck, after I stopped yelling at him for running 5 miles we got the car together to run a little motor check...
Well here we are... back in impound, 201.985 middle mile, 204.482 last mile.  DA yesterday 5765, todays back up 4155, the requalifier 4589 so really good air for Bonneville.

The operational changes for the meet, not so good.  Feels a little like being at the Bub, no communication, don't know what is happening, who is running, how fast, when the course is shut down... unless D and D'er relay the info between discussions of a lot of crap I don't give two shits for.  
I for one would be happy to have dead air rather than the "color" that has nothing to do with our racing.  Like someone said, must like the sound of his voice.  Ron is not providing his usual announcer sheet info so it seems he is off his game.  

As far as the buzz you guys are hearing, we hear a little here on the FM... sound like 60 cycle on our radios.
Hopefully everyone will recross their fingers for PP, we try again in the morning.  Really wanted to try a couple of tuning changes this meet, still running the Speedweek tuning numbers.... yep NA friends, the air is that much better in October.  
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline nmbuellist

• New folks
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2012, 07:50:24 PM »
My long distance tune up must be working, my buddy Wally Kohler just set the record for SC-G (side car bike) #1448 @ 176 and change on a 166.6 record.  Now that the record is out of the way I want to hop it up.
 Anyone have any pics of the bike this week?  JC

Congrats! You have come a long way with that bike since Speedweek! 10mph on the record is awesome! :cheers:
Way to go Wally--Wayne

Offline joea

« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
What am i missing about the C BFMS Mr Copeland ???

Running right at 380 mph  !!! Wow.... Nearly  80 mph up from last year ... Nice job... Within 10 mph of BF streamliner records of speed demon C motor and mr Teague BFS   ...

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »
SSS,
  Was it flies on the track making it greasy or
The airfilter full of flies?

JK, good pass
Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97