Author Topic: UTAH ALLIANCE  (Read 135447 times)

velocity

Re: UTAH ALLIANCE
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2016, 02:03:06 AM »
Land Speed Racing Community

The engineering plan has been delivered to Utah Alliance members Tom Burkland, Larry Volk and Dennis Sullivan who are now reviewing it.
The Congressional legislation has been drafted, reviewed and stands at the ready if needed.
The BLM has requested a summit on the now high-profile situation (God Bless You Utah HCR 8) to formally receive the combined input from Utah Alliance and Save the Salt on what and how the salt restoration process could be activated.

IF all our work continues to progress in this VERY CONSTRUCTIVE manner, there may well be historic movement made to benefit the salt and all who use it by mid-year.

Stand by. The march to restoration is gathering traction.

LandSpeed Louise

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2016, 10:40:07 AM »
Thanks for the update Louise,if we keep pushing, maybe we'll see some salt 'rooster-tails' this year or soon at least!! Thanks to all who have invested so much time & effort in our fight !!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2016, 11:37:10 AM »
Absolutely GREAT news!! Thanks to all who are working to Restore to Preserve the Salt Flats!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2016, 01:01:03 PM »
  Thanks Louise.  All of Us not privey to the work being done by The Utah Alliance and Save The Salt  members appreciate the tireless (and free) work being done by You Folks.  The rest of Us need to "stand ready" and answer the call  when help is needed.
                                                                   Bob Drury
Bob Drury

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2016, 08:28:52 AM »
ALL of We Car "Guys" around the world need to sign up and Support SEMA's SAN  and participate in their efforts!

Yesterday they sent out a blast that the Whitehouse had responded to 177,000 signatures about the EPAs efforts to outlaw racing modifications to production vechicles  was under further study.

We do not have to re-invent the wheel---we need to learn to multiply or voice by joining and supporting other much larger organizations in their efforts---Support most of the time help support---we nee all the support we can muster---Thanks again Tom for suggesting SAN!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

velocity

« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2016, 01:33:02 PM »
All:

The link below will load Chad Booth’s “The County Seat” , an online version of his local Salt Lake television show aired April 15th that examines the pressing issues facing Toole County including Bonneville and Miller Motorsports Park. Featured are Dennis Sullivan, Tom Burkland, Mike Crawford as well as Toole County Commissioner Shawn Milne who says about the salt restoration,

”A team effort is the only way it is going to happen.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWS_qYD458&list=PLum3SCQ9mGZR0PqCWvkypoTy43rCovCut

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2016, 11:46:18 PM »
Louise,  Thanks for all you are doing---thanks for getting the word out--I agree it is going to take a team effort on all fronts the more we can get involved in various fronts--the more influence we will have.

Thanks again for all who lead,

I hope that more and more  will become and do some small thing!!

velocity

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2016, 12:38:06 AM »
Interested parties will find an recently published, in-depth article "The Rape of Bonneville" by author and motorsports writer David Tremayne posted on the Save the Salt and Utah Alliance website. it was publilshed in the April 17, 2016 issue of Grand Prix Magazine in Europe.

http://www.savethesalt.org/

http://www.save-the-salt.org/

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2016, 01:19:51 AM »
Thank you, Lady, for all that you do.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2016, 02:25:49 AM »
Interested parties will find an recently published, in-depth article "The Rape of Bonneville" by author and motorsports writer David Tremayne posted on the Save the Salt and Utah Alliance website. it was publilshed in the April 17, 2016 issue of Grand Prix Magazine in Europe.

It's Grand Prix Plus (or GP+) and it's brilliant!  See http://grandprixplus.com.

I saw David Tremayne's article and wondered whether I could post it here without infringing copyright. He has solved that problem for me.

Needless to say, I have no connection with David Tremayne or Joe Saward, although I have met Joe and am trying to work out a way of connecting with David.

GP+ is a state-of-the-art e-magazine available just hours after each Formula 1 World Championship race

... no matter where in the world it takes place.

The magazine is usually between 75 and 90 pages and is accessible electronically in PDF format. You can read it on your computer, your tablet and even on your mobile phone.

A subscription to GP+ runs from January 1 to December 31, 2016. There will be 23 magazines in 2016: a preview, 21 race issues (if there are 21 races) and a seasonal review.

Robin UK

« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2016, 02:46:20 AM »
I was with David Tremayne earlier in the week (Malcolm Pittwood was also in the audience as was Adrian Reynard) at Cranfield University when he gave an LSR lecture which obviously included Bonneville. Students doing degree courses in motor sport engineering have been using record breaking as the basis of their studies for their final year. I'm following up David's lecture with a 2 wheel focussed version in a couple of weeks when four teams of students present final design studies based on their research. The brief was to design a 500cc streamliner to FIM rules. Be interesting to see how the designs vary since all have assumed Bonneville as their run location. There is no intention to build the liners although they will be runing them on their Motorsport simulator. Robin
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:49:19 AM by Robin UK »

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2016, 06:46:58 AM »
Thank you  Louise  for keeping us up to date.

Bill Reilly
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

velocity

« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2016, 01:08:17 PM »
News Alert - May 5, 2016

Please see post: Department of Interior Bonneville Salt Flats Fairy Tale

on Save the Salt Coalition or Utah Alliance website links below

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2016, 01:35:45 PM »
Good show, Mr. Kirby et al.  I just watched it - party to see the story, partly 'cause I needed a salt fix.  The opener - the sound track from a run by Tom Burkland in the family 'liner - is a video I've shown to hundreds of people over the years.  Great way to0 get the audience to perk up!

I posted it to my FB page.  Let's see what hoi polloi says.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

velocity

« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2016, 11:38:58 PM »
Ron Kirby did indeed do a magnificent job with that video. The script was adapted from my article "Shrinking Salt Speedway" written some years earlier. To have him craft the moving images to match my words was marvelous and showsyou how many years Ron has been caprturing footage on the salt.

A Great Big Bravo!

Take a bow Mr. Kirby.

LandSpeed Louise