Author Topic: UTAH ALLIANCE  (Read 135441 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: UTAH ALLIANCE
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2016, 12:18:01 PM »
    Only 3% eh?   The old fart cynic in me wonders where the the other 97% productivity is supposed to be coming from.  My wanabe youthful optimistic view sure hopes it isn't from across I-80 on the South side...........

Ed

I think it is reference to Intrepid's total productivity from all of their operations..... but maybe not,

Sumner

Offline Texican

« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2016, 12:43:21 PM »
  Here is some news regarding our Legislature doing something.
Let's hope there is more action than the usual "Har-ump, Har-ump!"

http://le.utah.gov/~2016/bills/static/HCR008.html

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2016, 02:53:58 PM »
The report was due at the end of January -- now.  And we've been notified that they want to do a little more -- asked for 3 more weeks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2016, 03:32:35 PM »
  Here is some news regarding our Legislature doing something.
Let's hope there is more action than the usual "Har-ump, Har-ump!"

http://le.utah.gov/~2016/bills/static/HCR008.html

That is very impressive and a big thanks to everyone involved to get things this far in a relatively short period of time this last year,

Sumner

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2016, 01:35:23 PM »
Utah Alliance Save the Salt
January 29 at 12:21pm ·
The Utah Alliance has been notified that the "Bonneville Salt Flats Restoration Plan" completion has been delayed for approximately 6 weeks due to our engineer's busy schedule. But the good news is the annual pumping of salt brine from Intrepid's ponds back onto the flats north of I-80 has begun on time. While we wait for "The Plan" the UA will continue to consolidate our position and provide legislators both in Utah and Nevada with current as well as historical documents to help them fully understand the demise of the BSF and the BLM's role in that demise. My computer dictionary defines demise as: "the end or failure of an enterprise or institution." The institution of land speed racing is hanging by a thread and the BLM is responsible. They have failed to live up to their mandate to manage the BSF as an Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC). The damage can be reversed, the salt has not disappeared, but immediate action is necessary. Be prepared for a full court press in the coming months.
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »
Utah Alliance Save the Salt
January 29 at 12:21pm ·
The Utah Alliance has been notified that the "Bonneville Salt Flats Restoration Plan" completion has been delayed for approximately 6 weeks due to our engineer's busy schedule. But the good news is the annual pumping of salt brine from Intrepid's ponds back onto the flats north of I-80 has begun on time. While we wait for "The Plan" the UA will continue to consolidate our position and provide legislators both in Utah and Nevada with current as well as historical documents to help them fully understand the demise of the BSF and the BLM's role in that demise. My computer dictionary defines demise as: "the end or failure of an enterprise or institution." The institution of land speed racing is hanging by a thread and the BLM is responsible. They have failed to live up to their mandate to manage the BSF as an Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC). The damage can be reversed, the salt has not disappeared, but immediate action is necessary. Be prepared for a full court press in the coming months.

I don't see any good news in the pumping program as it stands. With the drains still open back to the south side of the freeway & the north side pumps still pumping to the south side, the only thing happening here is dilution & loss of the existing salt on the north side while they're still trying to suck that last 3% of product out of the dying flats.
  Sid.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2016, 04:17:00 PM »
  Yep, their engineers are busy all right.  They are trying to engineer Bunkers and Dikes around all the Offices and Outpost's of Federal Land Management and/or under control of The Department of Interior nation wide.
  This little fiasco in Burns, Oregon has not only Lit The Flame of all the so called Patriots, Looney Birds, and Idiots, but also the Ranchers and Farmers across the nation who have a beef (pun intended) and struggle with a Government who floods subsidies to Tax dodging Agra-Business Corporations and Big Business while seemingly requiring the "little People" to jump through different hoops every year.
  The sad part is that the "Nut Factor" makes a lot of sense to the Ranchers and Farmers and people who's income depends on legitimate use by permit of every thing from Forests to Fisheries to (and I hate to say this) Salt resources and other Mineral deposits.
  Unfortunately I am afraid Our position on the Hot List at BLM offices has slipped below Self Defense Training for their Employees and may well be there for some time to come. The BLM is very proficient using "Stall Tactics" as they have proven time after time in the past in responding to inquiries and requests for information or actions.
                                                                                                            Bob Drury
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:18:58 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Polyhead

« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2016, 04:25:57 PM »
 Yep, their engineers are busy all right.  They are trying to engineer Bunkers and Dikes around all the Offices and Outpost's of Federal Land Management and/or under control of The Department of Interior nation wide.

Unfortunately I am afraid Our position on the Hot List at BLM offices has slipped below Self Defense Training for their Employees and may well be there for some time to come. The BLM is very proficient using "Stall Tactics" as they have proven time after time in the past in responding to inquiries and requests for information or actions.
                                                                                                            Bob Drury

Well you do have to admire their sense of self preservation.  Sucks being on the losing end of it though.
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL

velocity

« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2016, 10:51:28 AM »
This was reported to the entire SEMA membership worldwide this past week:

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2016/08/utah-legislature-advances-resolution-urging-the-restoration-of-the-bonneville?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=email&utm_content=50800723&utm_campaign=eNews

ALERT: Following the Utah House vote in support of HCR 8, the Utah Senate Committee of Natural Resources unanimously vote "aye" for the HCR 8, sending to the Senate floor for a vote early next week.

velocity

« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »
On Monday, March 14th, 2016, Governor Herbert signed House Concurrent Resolution  (H.C.R.) 8 in support of Bonneville's restoration.
http://www.utah.gov/governor/news_media/article.html?article=20160318-1

If you are in any way doubtful that letter writing to legislators is a waste of time, especially if you don't live in the state, here is proof positive that thinking is incorrect.
http://le.utah.gov/publicweb/LIFFEDE/PublicWeb/34808/34808.html

Every voice is heard.
Don't expect a personal reply.
As many voices join-in the message strengthens and propels the urgency upwards.
One link is a carabiner, many links are a chain that capture attention.

We will need every single land speed racer to write to their elected Congressional leaders within the next few weeks as we take this message to Washington D.C. Start roughing out some notes explaining why they should care. Make them care by telling them what the place means to you, what you did there that you cannot do elsewhere, and why it is important to make today’s people care about tomorrow with yesterdays dreams realized.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:03:29 PM by velocity »

Offline rgdavid

• fancy metalwork
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2016, 01:42:58 PM »
How can overseas fans help ?

At least to show that there is a worldwide following.

velocity

« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2016, 02:44:31 PM »
Thank you for asking!

YES!

Anyone outside the USA can also help!

Save the Salt and Utah Alliance will post a email link for the pertinent legislators considering new policy in committee as well as votes in the House and Senate.

There is no reason why the same letter can't go to all involved.

That the US Congressional leaders would get input from people outside the USA dramatically shows the far-reaching value and concern about Bonneville.

We would expect a BIG response from the United Kingdom, but all contacts to Richard Noble and Andy Green asking for a letter of support have thus far gone unanswered. Very sad.

Here is a link to the recent NPR Radio report:

http://kuer.org/post/governor-signs-resolution-restore-salt-flats
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:01:10 PM by velocity »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2016, 01:20:17 PM »
As a member of the 200 MPH Club, I volunteered to spearhead the efforts of the 200 MPH Club to get more racers to enlist in this fight to RESTORE TO PRESERVE the beloved Bonneville Salt Flats. I will be working to get the UTAH ALLIANCE message and Agenda to more individuals. 

The 200 Club will be working with and through SEMA's SAN  --SEMA's Action Network because they have lots and lots thinks already in place---we can help them help us---so please  go to

SEMASAN.com in the upper left hand corner ENLIST NOW 
This was coordination effort was finalized just last week.  I will keep you posted and will be asking your help.
Sparky
305sparky@gmail.com

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:24:18 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2016, 03:15:33 PM »
Still waiting for the draft proposal. We were told mid January - then another 6 weeks - where are we at on that, please?
Thank you.
Chris
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2016, 03:41:34 PM »
The COLLECTIVE WE are waiting on it.

I do not know the mechanics of this report but it is my understanding we are waiting on a volunteers time to consolidate all of the very diversified reports, and knowledge into a plan of action that would restore and preserve the International Course to its former distance as well as what we all have been running on.  SEMA's Washington Group is targeting introducing legislation in this session that would call for such restoration at some Date Certain in the future.   We need as many as possible to have ENLISTED with SEMASAN.com to help push this legislation

LEVEL I.  a person in each state that has a member on any of the Committees this legislation will have to work its way through once introduced.  I will be posting this list soon.

LEVEL II  All racers to contact their Representatives and Senators to support this legislation to Restore and Preserve the Salt Flats
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!