Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3219247 times)

Offline Jon

Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #2415 on: March 11, 2012, 05:12:42 AM »
Can someone get the feathers, I've got the tar simmering  :-)

Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2416 on: March 11, 2012, 09:24:34 AM »
Goggles said "Maybe I jinxed it?".
Do you really think you have that much power?  :roll: Really? Wayno

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2417 on: March 11, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »
It was the Aboriginal Dream Weaver who put the dream in his head because he interrupted his "walkabout"
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2418 on: March 11, 2012, 05:50:21 PM »
Goggles said "Maybe I jinxed it?".
Do you really think you have that much power?  :roll: Really? Wayno

ha,not in this house I don't. :roll:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #2419 on: March 13, 2012, 11:25:30 PM »
I must admit I am up there in the guilty thoughts stakes with DrG. I felt a kind of relief as to not be missing out on something this year. Sorry for all of those who have worked so hard to be ready again to be weirded out of play by rain.

It has been a strange year for us with little work done on the Spirit of Sunshine but much done on the sprite by Dr G solo.

It is not just the weather system out of whack it has been us.

When we started I was living in a truck and that was three girlfriends ago for the dr. Now I am married with kid in China and he is on his way to the married place too (with a top chick I might add. Not much has been said about Lady Goggles here (we need a team name for her!) but there are not many that could be willing to invest in a lifetime of the good doctors brand of sharp observational wit but she has and brings back her own in equal measure.)

Somehow we need to get the cogs to remesh in the making of the car of our team time as it does not just need the gods of speed and weather to play, but us.

I have spoken before about the Dharma of this project and how doors were opening to barriers that we didn't even knew existed which gave us faith that we were on the right track. But recently those doors have not been so obvious.

I guess any great journey there has to be an approximation to death before the heroes return to transcend their station. Even Mad Max had his low period before opening a can of whoopass in Barter town.

So here we sit dampened by the tyranny of distance (and rain) but with our hopes still smouldering. I can sense the return, the re commitment to the project, to make it happen, and in the end the ultimate victory; a run at Bonneville targeting the world record.

The story would be less without the ardor. Without adversity there would not be courage (or charity) and we have seen so much in this tail from our friends all over the world.

Thanks.

Dik

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:35:16 PM by Reverend Hedgash »

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2420 on: March 13, 2012, 11:52:28 PM »
we have seen so much in this tail from our friends all over the world.

We talking about Tony's avatars again?   :-)

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #2421 on: March 14, 2012, 12:17:12 AM »
Apologies, "tail" = "tale."

China Update

We have pulled our daughter out of the Chinese preschool that liked to show lots of films with men with machine guns,and when they weren't showing those they were showing cartoons of sheep and wolves with machine guns. Not wholly appropriate fare for three year olds we thought and there were other issues so we looked elsewhere.

We now have a much cooler preschool where they have a play shop to practice buying and selling stuff.

What goods they buy and sell you ask?

Well they two kinds, firstly they have a complete range of cigarettes in the front counter and a top shelf range of hard liquor in the back counter. Just like your liquor / cigarette store on the street. Perfect life lessons for a newbie in a this world. The school mistress was most surprised that we thought this was a tad inappropriate for three year olds.

That said when I went to hospital two weeks ago my doctor greeted me with a lit cigarette in the hospital so I guess it must be ok... I am just an over sensitive westerner.

Dik

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2422 on: March 14, 2012, 05:33:33 PM »
That's one of the things I had wondered about there, how politically correct they would be. That gives some insight.
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2423 on: March 14, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
What goes round comes round -- looks like they may have an agenda  :-o
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline gearheadeh

« Reply #2424 on: March 14, 2012, 06:52:04 PM »
That's one of the things I had wondered about there, how politically correct they would be. That gives some insight.
  Sid.

Yes, keep it coming please, REV. :cheers:
40 is the old age of Youth, 50 is the young age of the Senior years.

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2425 on: March 21, 2012, 05:11:16 PM »
In todays DLRA news

Quote from: Carol Hatfield DLRA club secretary
We had a committee meeting tonight and the following items were decided:

• We intend to have another attempt at holding Speedweek 2012 on the week of 28th of May through to 1st of June at Lake Gairdner, this of course depends on the condition of the lake and permission from DEH to do this, we intend to have regular lake inspections carried out weekly in the weeks leading up the scheduled event. David Pluckham has undertaken to co-ordinate a roster of South Australian members to provide weekly updates, these findings are to be dated and posted on the DLRA home page.
• The AGM is to be held at Lake Gairdner during that week.
• We will still have a general meeting at Tailem Bend on the 5th of May commencing at 7pm, the Test and Tune strip will be available during the day from 9am through to 5pm.
• We intend to change the dates for our Annual Speedweek to late January/early February, the actual dates will depend on the moon cycle and we will have a rainout date for late May/early June each year starting in 2013.
• We will get a newsletter out as soon as possible and have asked Greg Wapling to put this on the home page of the website along with the forum.

So some good news at last
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2426 on: March 21, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
Grand News!  A make-up date that far out at least gives racers an opportunity to think about preparing a backup plan, and let's face it, March hasn't been particularly good to you.

To hoping the ducks fall neatly in a row.   :cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2427 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »
YFB :cheers:

Late May, we'll be going dawn til dusk and dealing with some chilly weather but if the salt is dry, that's when we should be there.....

here's a pic from Frank Kletschkus 2009 (see his site: http://twixt-two-wheels.jalbum.net/Spirit%20of%20Sunshine/)

Startline Gairdner.

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Jon

« Reply #2428 on: March 21, 2012, 07:32:45 PM »
You going to be there Giggles?
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator