Author Topic: World Finals 2009 -- THE THREAD!  (Read 125398 times)

Offline mkilger

Re: World Finals 2009 -- THE THREAD!
« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »
thats funny, I think your right.

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #436 on: October 13, 2009, 10:21:25 PM »
Bob Thanks for the update I was wondering how things went.  We had to leave early and get home Friday nite.  At least you got out there and ran.  Next time.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #437 on: October 13, 2009, 10:24:27 PM »
Brian, thanks again for the pre-entry.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Mr411Fan

« Reply #438 on: October 13, 2009, 11:31:01 PM »
Go REX, Fastest SAAB 96 on the planet! 255mph! and front wheel drive!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2009, 10:49:55 AM »
1RBob, was wondering about you.... well at least you got a time slip and a list of go do's...  :|  You are getting a little old for the thrash... next year we need to see 2 runs from the old stud....  :wink:
and the Studebaker  :-o

I didn't see Rex's run results, thanks 411fan, how did the modified chutes work?  or did he need to switch to cross form?  Anyone have pictures or video with the chutes out?
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #440 on: October 14, 2009, 01:15:15 PM »
Stainless,

after Rex corrected the connecting point of the parachute rope to the frame, the chute works excellent - no risk of spin anymore. Rex is very happy - he done some nice run with the car now and got the necessary parameter for next year.

BTW, thanks for the advertisement you done for Ray and me - and d a m n - I would appreciate if the camera equipment cost only 8 grands......therefore my travelling costs are a little bit cheaper. But I fear it will be again around 10 grands, so as the last two years. And my shipping list is again 20 happy racers longer.....

But I fear I got the virus of speed in me....  :-D  :roll: .....so there is no chance to stay away....  :|

See you back in 2010.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline J.D.

• New folks
« Reply #441 on: October 14, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »
To all the people who made the World Finals such a great week:  Congratulations to Pat Womack, Fred Vance, Van and Kathy Butler on their records!  Congrats to Leslie Porterfield for MC top speed of the event.  My thanks to Jamie Williams, Leslie, Jason Mcvicar, Ryan, John, Danny, Werner, (Chris & Travis), for being there and helping out whenever they could.  Shane, Leslie, and Werner, thanks for the photos.
A BIG thank you to Scott Horner at Heads Up Performance for all his help and support this entire season!   Couldn't have done it without you!  Hope to be back and see everyone next year!
John Dobbs

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #442 on: October 14, 2009, 07:12:21 PM »
John, you kicked b u tt. Congratulations to you, not only did you go really fast, NAKED, but you defined what true sportsmanship really is.  :cheers: See you next year,

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #443 on: October 14, 2009, 08:59:49 PM »
  Brian and Stainless,  have taken about three naps a day since arriving home Sunday p.m.  I tell you this much, the two grand I spent on the trip was well worth the price and time.  You cannot learn everything on the dyno.  I was lucky to not only find the issues I talked about in my previous post, but having the honor to talk to people like Wayne Jesel and Tom Burkland and have them lead me thru a diagnosis of my problems was worth about five years of frustration for a guy like me.
  I learn the old fashioned way........... I don't understand computers or graphs, I learn thru the school of hard knocks and experience.  People like Wayne and Tom make it possible for people like me to make it happen.
  I am so close that I can't stand it, but with the help of my fellow LSRacers, by God, I am going to kick ass and take names...................thanxs to all who have helped me to follow my dream.  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline 631

• New folks
« Reply #444 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52:56 PM »
Stainless-  Tom recalculated my cg locations (after I rebalanced the car) and we ended up moving the anchor point by 3/4 inch as well as modifying the trunk opening to let the riser line pull a little higher.  The "old" Stroud tri form worked like a champ and Bob modified the high speed ribbon to remove a little drag which was the solution to that problem.  No drama this time which makes the driver happy!  Amazing how small details make all the difference.  Now we can work on the business of getting the car and driver going faster.