Author Topic: Chat line tonight  (Read 195564 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Chat line tonight
« Reply #525 on: March 08, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »
Chat line tonight
The site was down for most of the day so it's back alive tonight so join us for a while.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #526 on: March 08, 2011, 07:15:03 PM »
OK Glen - thanks for the invite - I figure most of you guyz and ladies, know the name Marty Dickerson.  Well brother Lou had an opportunity to sit down with Marty at last years BUB meet and get a fantastic interview with some interesting historical stuff that I am sure we will all be glad got put down on video. Since then Lou & Marty have been communicating and Marty sent him some very cool old photos to include in his video - so with out any further vernacular - here is the link to the you tube interview with a Bonneville legend named Marty Dickerson - I think it may instigate some conversation for chat night - Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZioXR7AnyyQ

Respectfully
Uncle Jimbo
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #527 on: March 15, 2011, 03:23:13 PM »
Just a weekly reminder................CHAT LINE TONITE 7:00 PM Mountain time.............
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wolbrink471

• Wolbrink Race
« Reply #528 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:32 PM »
Lou & Marty have been communicating and Marty sent him some very cool old photos to include in his video - so with out any further vernacular - here is the link to the you tube interview with a Bonneville legend named Marty Dickerson

Great Interview.....thanks for sharing the history.

By the way I have been told on good authority, that back in the day Marty looked much more like a handsome movie star than that Walt guy does in the film!

Mark
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:30:04 PM by wolbrink471 »
more information about the World's Fastest Dirt Bike at...... www.wolbrinkrace.com

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #529 on: March 16, 2011, 11:37:24 AM »
After seeing some of those old photos I would agree Mark. He was quite the dapper dude. Not to take away from any of his still very distinguishable senior manly elegance.  Still has that contagious smile too, when talking to him you can't help but smile also. I just hope I still have that much spunk at that age.  Keep on truckin Marty !

Jimbo
24 Land Speed Records

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #530 on: March 22, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »
Chat line reminder tonite @ 7:00PM Mountain time.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #531 on: March 24, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »
Oh shoot !   :roll:   Here I am 2 days late & a dollar short to get in on, or instigate some Bnvle chat. So I will endeavor to instigate anyhow.  How about being 70 yrs. young and still gettin out there on the salt to try and set another Land Speed record ?
How about a guy named Terry Prince from Australia, who caught the racing bug back in 1950 and is still at it today. Terry is one of those inspirational guys like the legendary Marty Dickerson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlSqKccPL30

Here is just a couple minutes of an interview with Terry at Bnvle last year. Check it out and see if this gives some of you guyz something to yik-yak about, thats da same as chatting where I come from.

In 1950 when Terry’s father took him, then 12 years old, to watch the Brighton speed trails, where George Brown was riding his Vincent-powered special, NERO. It was a day that was to affect the rest of young Terry’s life.

At the age of 16 Terry bought his first Vincent that he still races today. This Londoner embarked on a life’s work of engineering and manufacturing high performance parts for Vincent motorcycle racing.

Terry was an engineer for Fritz Egli, where he helped to create the Egli Vincent. The TPV was inspired by those machines.Now living in Australia for the past 30 years Terry owns and operates Classic Motor Bikes a high performance shop that people from around the world get their parts for racing.

Have some fun - go fast - stop safe      :-D     :cheers:
Jimbo

24 Land Speed Records

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #532 on: March 29, 2011, 05:57:42 PM »
For Uncle Jimbo, Noonan and others it's chat line tonight. Noonan might still be honeymooning or watching basketball.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #533 on: March 29, 2011, 06:19:01 PM »
Or both. :-o
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #534 on: April 01, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »
Ohy Geeezze - here I am all over the site lookin for friday night joke night - cant find it, and then I see I am day late again for chat night.  So I guess I'll say a big Congratulations to John & his bride. Babs & I wish you both many years of health & happiness. Just slow down a little for this ride John.  

Oh - oh - I gotta tell this one anyhow -

TWO LOUISIANA PASTORS

Reverend Boudreaux was the part-time pastor of the local Cajun Baptist Church and Pastor Thibodaux was the minister of the Covenant Church across the road.  They  were both standing by the road, pounding a sign into the ground, that read:

'Da End is Near

Turn Yo Sef 'Roun Now

Afore It Be Too Late!'

As a car sped past them, the driver leaned out his window and yelled, 'You religious nuts!'

From the curve they heard screeching tires, and a big splash...

Boudreaux turns to Thibodaux and asks..............................

'Do ya tink maybe da sign should jussay.....'Bridge Out?'

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:35:10 PM by Uncle Jimbo »
24 Land Speed Records

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #535 on: April 05, 2011, 01:29:18 PM »
Huh,  get the internet back after being gone 6 months and what happens to people reminding all of you it's chat night?  NOTHING!!!  Okay, so I guess I'll do it!!!!!   :roll:   CHAT LINE TONIGHT!!!!!  Gonna be lotsa peoples there to talk about Maxton, so you should be there too to defend yourself or brag or congratulate those successful runs!!

I might even show up for a few minutes, I work the Graveyard shift and tonight is my Monday, so I'm usually trying to sleep at 7 pm, but I'll give it a shot.

See Ya There!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #536 on: April 06, 2011, 01:29:42 AM »
Huh,  get the internet back after being gone 6 months and what happens to people reminding all of you it's chat night?  NOTHING!!!  Okay, so I guess I'll do it!!!!!   :roll:   CHAT LINE TONIGHT!!!!!  Gonna be lotsa peoples there to talk about Maxton, so you should be there too to defend yourself or brag or congratulate those successful runs!!

I might even show up for a few minutes, I work the Graveyard shift and tonight is my Monday, so I'm usually trying to sleep at 7 pm, but I'll give it a shot.

See Ya There!!

Lynda

Lynda,

Great to see you back here..hope all is well!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #537 on: April 12, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »
Just so Lynda doesn't holler at us.

It's CHAT LINE TUESDAY.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #538 on: April 13, 2011, 01:11:49 AM »
Just so Lynda doesn't holler at us.

It's CHAT LINE TUESDAY.

Dang missed it.....hope all are well.

Noonan

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #539 on: April 13, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »
I did too! Glad I didn't miss your being on. Hope the recovery's going well. :cheers: :cheers:

Pete