Author Topic: Chat line tonight  (Read 195551 times)

Offline landsendlynda

Re: Chat line tonight
« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2010, 04:11:29 PM »
HA!!!! Internet is back on!!!   :cheers:   Yup, I'll be checking!!   :roll:

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #331 on: February 23, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »
Chat line tonight!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #332 on: February 23, 2010, 02:20:43 PM »
Lynda, one more post and you will have 500.  :-D :roll: :-o
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #333 on: February 23, 2010, 03:35:03 PM »
OOOH!!  I'll do it here!!!  Don't forget, it's chat line tonight!!  I won't be there,  :-(  dang it.  But I have a good excuse, it's Krystal's Birthday today, so I'm going to her house!!  You remember Krystal?  She's better known as "Sparky" to some of you....she's the one that got hit with lightning her first year on the salt!  Scary stuff that!  Anyway, that's where I'll be, so Glen's in charge (as usual), Rob can take notes, and Charles will show up late....as usual!  So does Sheri!  :-D

Here it is... number 500!!  WooHoo!   :cheers:

Lynda

I'm so gabby!  :evil:

Offline Rob

« Reply #334 on: February 23, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »
I'm guessing the poor dog's at home with it's legs crossed Lynda??? :-D

Cheers,
Rob

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #335 on: February 24, 2010, 12:31:40 AM »
No, Rob!  He goes with me.  All I have to do is mention Krystal's name and he gets his leash and heads for the door!  Besides, he had to have his piece of cake too!!   Don't panic, it was carrot cake...very healthy   :roll:

Lynda

Offline Rob

« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2010, 04:38:39 AM »
A vegetarian dog, now I've heard it all  :wink:

TTFN,
Rob

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2010, 10:43:54 AM »
Chat line tonight!!
Lynda

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2010, 12:40:38 PM »
Faster??

[move]Chat line tonight!!
Lynda
[/quote][/move]

It worked! 

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2010, 02:48:36 PM »
Well, that should get everyone's attention!!!  I'll  expect to see you there tonight Mike!!   :-D

Lynda

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
As usual -- I've got a good reason to not be on the chat line tonight.  At 7 this evening Nancy and I are doing a show-and-tell about our land speed racing efforts - at the local public library.  We've got photos, of course (of each one of you chat regulars -- so don't worry we'll be talking about YOU!).  I've got a few videos, including a couple of passes of the Burkland 411 car and one of the Speed Demon (and a few showing roadsters in their natural surroundings -- that is, spinning).

A few trophies, a bunch of wall plaques, a set of leathers and a helmet (so the folks can see the safety gear we wear), my 200 MPH Club certificates, and so on. 

It's amazing how many people around here know of us and our "adventures".  Remember -- I always write a story about the event we've just attended and send it to the local newspaper.  By gum -- some of these folks know how to read, because we seldom walk through a store or down the street without someone stopping to ask if we're the couple they always read about.  It's cool -- and will work for you if you want the public exposure.  Not so good, of course, is what happens when you (as I did just this morning) walk into the insurance agent's office and ask for some kind of coverage and he asks if I'm the guy (and so on).  Then he proceeds to tell me how his company would love to have my business but there might be a surcharge because of our dangerous (?) hobby.

Whatever -- tonight at 7 at the Peter White Public Library, Marquette Michigan.  Free admission.  Be there or be left out.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2010, 10:41:22 AM »
Okay, it's THAT day again!!   :-D  This is the day we get another excuse from SSS as to why he won't be there!   :roll:  At least all of Jon's reasons are...well.. reasonable...what's your excuse?   :?  See you there!!
There are lots of things to talk about... did lsracing get his brake problem fixed?  Has CK made progress with his new "Lady"?  Does peterjack get booted?  What new news does Glen have?  How many people are in crunch mode now because the blizzards back east have put them behind in getting things done for the races?  Will John Noonan,  Sheri, Debbie, and everybody else that I left out show up?  Tune in tonight to have ALL of these questions answered!!    :-D

Sounds like a soap opera, doesn't it?   :roll:

Lynda
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:40:35 PM by landsendlynda »

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »
Hey Darlin Lynda,,,, yes it is a soap opera,,,, The Opera ode  de'la Speed...

And we are the cast... or is it the "out casts"   :evil:

See ya tonight, Darlin....

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Glen