Author Topic: Car and Bike Pictures by SCTA Numbers....  (Read 18895 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Car and Bike Pictures by SCTA Numbers....
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 02:22:22 PM »

Sum, you got my racer, the #286................ or you like a other picture......

I don't know if I have it or not at this point.  I got all the bikes I had pictures of from last year done, but I have hundreds of car pictures to go thru at this point and post to the page.

If you want send it to me.  Please 100K file size or less.

c ya,

Sum

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bvilleother/people-page%202.html

you know this page :-D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 03:16:56 PM »

Sum, you got my racer, the #286................ or you like a other picture......

I don't know if I have it or not at this point.  I got all the bikes I had pictures of from last year done, but I have hundreds of car pictures to go thru at this point and post to the page.

If you want send it to me.  Please 100K file size or less.

c ya,

Sum

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bvilleother/people-page%202.html

you know this page :-D

Ok I know which car it is now.  I could use that picture and steal another one or two from their site if that is ok with them.

such as this one.....

c ya,

Sum

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »
A couple of years ago Nancy had the opportunity to sit in this car -- and I've got at least one photo of it (Nancy doesn't show).  It's a 224k file -- but you might not want it, so I'll ask before I send.  It shows the car at the line and with the driver inside (I'll guess).  Two workers are prepping the car for a run -- and both of those workers are bending over to help the driver.  Of course -- they're bending AWAY from us, so the photo sorta looks like they're mooning us.

Want it?  It's otherwise a nice photo - colors are a little more distinct than in the angle shot you've got above.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 03:44:39 PM »
You can use this one
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 03:50:13 PM »
Use Pork's -- it's much better than mine.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 03:50:57 PM »
or this one
Pork Pie

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 04:02:57 PM »
EVO II Version from 2003
Pork Pie

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 11:29:37 PM »
Sum,

No number for me yet. I've applied for one, but have to wait until April 1 to see if I get it. :|

I've been working on a list of things to do on the lakester to be able to run it. I don't think I'm going to make it. I would really like to run and get some kind of base line evaluation. I am planning on going, one way or the other. I decided when I started that there was not going to be a last minute rush to get the car ready. I still think thats a good idea.

I have a piece of 6" PVC pipe that will work for the parachute, if you like I can bring some of it for you. I was looking for irrigation pipe but found this. It's heavier than aluminum but corrosion won't be a problem and it won't stain the chute. Let me know.

I think your idea of a car picture, SCTA number index will be popular. Will there be a space for some specifications and brief comments? I often wondered what type engines the different cars run.

Looks like this should have been PM! Oh well.

Harv

I think I'm too old for any last minute big rushes also  :cry:.  I got two pieces of aluminum irrigation pipe, so I'm all set there.

I'd like specs, comments, links etc., but that is going to have to wait.  This is already a time consuming project that takes about 5 steps to get each car/bike actually posted.  I'm getting quicker, but it is still slow to find the picture, re-size it and make it better, find the car's facts in pre-entry, 2006 results or some place else, post the car on the one page and then make another web page just for that car.  Probably a better way than what I'm doing, but I think this will allow me to do some of the things you mentioned down the road if the time is there.

c ya,

Sum

Offline JGMagoo

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »
Sumner, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Talk about a guy that is willing to GIVE back to the sport!!!

Wow!, what a fun reference this would be!

Thanks!   (again!)
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »
We've been working on a similar thing on the ECTA site for years now but we've only been focusing on ECTA racers.
Are you only looking for pictures of those that have or will run at Bonneville?
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 10:18:45 PM »
We've been working on a similar thing on the ECTA site for years now but we've only been focusing on ECTA racers.
Are you only looking for pictures of those that have or will run at Bonneville?
Deb

For now and probably the future I want to limit this to any bike/car that has an SCTA number.  As long as you have been assigned a number I'd like to have:

A. 1 to 3 pictures of the bike/car.
B.  Class designation as applies in the SCTA (look at the ones I have for an example).
C.  The name of the bike/car as it would appear in the event program.
D.  Location of the bike/car  --- city, State.

If you go to the bike or car index pages there is a link there you can click on that will get you to my e-mail address.

The car/bike could be under-construction, never actually attended a meet, or maybe run at El Mirage, but not b'ville.  The only requirement is you have a current SCTA number.  I realize some of you are waiting until April to get a number, but that will be here pretty quick.

c ya,

Sum

Offline Cword

• http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mdsiewer
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »
I'd like specs, comments, links etc., but that is going to have to wait.  This is already a time consuming project that takes about 5 steps to get each car/bike actually posted.  I'm getting quicker, but it is still slow to find the picture, re-size it and make it better, find the car's facts in pre-entry, 2006 results or some place else, post the car on the one page and then make another web page just for that car.  Probably a better way than what I'm doing, but I think this will allow me to do some of the things you mentioned down the road if the time is there.

This would be a good model for a simple database driven page.  There could be one query page where the car number is entered, one results page designed to hold the 3 pictures and text all working around one data table containing the number images and text.  Could be fun to tinker with.

Mike
Mike Siewert
North of 49 Crew
 1149 B/STR

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 11:30:27 AM »

This would be a good model for a simple database driven page.  There could be one query page where the car number is entered, one results page designed to hold the 3 pictures and text all working around one data table containing the number images and text.  Could be fun to tinker with.

Mike

Hi Mike, What I'm doing is close to that.  The time consuming part is going thru my pictures (or someone else's) and then editing that picture.  I usually crop it to take other things out of the back ground, even using the clone feature to wipe stuff out.  Then I have to re-size it and to a smaller file size for the web page and save it under a different name.  I can usually do a picture about one a minute.

Then the next time consuming thing is finding the info for the car in the picture.  I saved the SCTA pre-entry list for last year and usually for my picture from last year can find the car/bike in the list and then cut and past that info to my index page and the car page.  If it isn't in the pre-entry list then since I know it was there since I have a picture it I have to go thru the "SPEED WEEK 2006 OFFICIAL RESULTS" and guess if it is a short course or long course car and start looking for a run to get the car info. 

Of course I also have to move the files I've worked on from one folder to another and then check the page when it is up to make sure I didn't make a mistake doing this at 11 pm.

I need individuals to send me their pictures if I don't have them, but that adds time to getting them from e-mails and saving and working on them.  It is much faster for the ones I have in my pictures since I can do a batch at a time and that goes faster.

The actual entering on the web pages is the fastest part of the whole thing and since I have template pages that goes fast.

I can get about 20 cars/bikes done in an hour on the average, so figure 600-700 that is only 30-40 hours of time.  I'd better not think of it that way :roll:.

I got some good pictures of you guys that I've meant to e-mail to you, but haven't.  Especially the "old man" in the car :evil:.  I hope I'm in as good as shape as he is when I get there.  You guys going to make it to Blanding before Speed Week?

c ya,

Sum

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 12:57:23 PM »
We've been working on a similar thing on the ECTA site for years now but we've only been focusing on ECTA racers. Are you only looking for pictures of those that have or will run at Bonneville?

For now and probably the future I want to limit this to any bike/car that has an SCTA number. 
-------snip-------
The only requirement is you have a current SCTA number.

All ECTA vehicle numbers are SCTA vehicle numbers. I think what Deb was asking about was that your page says Bonneville vehicles. She started the Maxton photo section in 2002...

By number:
Bikes ---> http://www.ecta-lsr.com/?page_id=27
Cars  ---> http://www.ecta-lsr.com/?page_id=25

By Team:
Bikes ---> http://www.ecta-lsr.com/?page_id=28(this one is currently an incorrect link on ECTA's page)
Cars  ---> http://www.ecta-lsr.com/?page_id=26

So if you want them they are there for the taking if you want SCTA numbered vehicles and not necessarily Bonneville numbered vehicles(which some are and some aren't).
I for one am looking foward to your listings.. you have a most excellent site Sum!!!
Thanks,
Todd

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:10:32 PM by narider »

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »
Sum,

the little green streamliner runs in

I/GS with the number 286
I/FS with the number 1286

The car is based in Spokane/WA
The racer runs under McBride & Moreau Racing

Have fun with your idea.
Pork Pie