Author Topic: Car and Bike Pictures by SCTA Numbers....  (Read 18866 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Car and Bike Pictures by SCTA Numbers....
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 03:24:05 PM »
Shouldn't Slim's 1478B (as shown) be APS-BF rather than A-BF?  Love those flamingos!

In the Speed Week 2006 Official Results they have it listed as A-BF and show it with the new record as 113.987.  The old record was 000.000, so we expect him to work on the new one  :wink:.

Let's see what he says,

Sum

cammer113

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 06:14:33 PM »
I love it.

It is a never ending project.

You deserve a raise!!!

I've started to put pictures up of cars and bikes indexed off of their SCTA numbers.  This is going to be a big job and I don't know if it will ever be finished and then kept updated as numbers change, but I'm going to try and do it if there is an indication people are interested.

I'm starting with pictures I have taken, but since I don't have a picture of every car/bike you will need to send me yours if you want it up.

You can link to them off of this page HERE  .

Or go straight to the bikes HERE .

Or the cars HERE  .

This is just a start and I'll try and add some daily. 

I'd like a little feed back on this. If there doesn't seem to be much interest I'm not going to spend the time.

c ya,

Sum

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »
Just a quick comment or maybe I should say opinion on the ECTA web site pictures. Many of the older pictures I took and you would absolutely be welcome to anything I took. My only concern with you grabbing pictures from the ECTA site is as a prior poster said, some of the pictures have been donated to the ECTA site with permissions for that alone. Some of the pictures have been taken by professionals with copyrights and I personally feel that only the actual owner can give you permission to grab them.

Might I suggest that if there are specific pictures you'd like to grab that you post which ones they are, using the file name if possible, and then maybe we can figure out the original source. We used to have just a few people that contributed the majority of the pictures so it might not be too difficult. Charlie, Mark, Fergie, Dave and I contributed the bulk of them. Usually we can tell by the file name who's they were.

I guess I'm just thinking that we couldn't give across the board permission on everything. But I feel strongly that most of them would be available.

Those are my "unofficial" thoughts on this matter.

I would love to see this page as complete as possible so anything I can contribute picture wise I'm happy to do.
Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2007, 12:49:10 AM »
Just a quick comment or maybe I should say opinion on the ECTA web site pictures. Many of the older pictures I took and you would absolutely be welcome to anything I took. My only concern with you grabbing pictures from the ECTA site is as a prior poster said, some of the pictures have been donated to the ECTA site with permissions for that alone. Some of the pictures have been taken by professionals with copyrights and I personally feel that only the actual owner can give you permission to grab them.

Might I suggest that if there are specific pictures you'd like to grab that you post which ones they are, using the file name if possible, and then maybe we can figure out the original source. We used to have just a few people that contributed the majority of the pictures so it might not be too difficult. Charlie, Mark, Fergie, Dave and I contributed the bulk of them. Usually we can tell by the file name who's they were.

I guess I'm just thinking that we couldn't give across the board permission on everything. But I feel strongly that most of them would be available.

I would love to see this page as complete as possible so anything I can contribute picture wise I'm happy to do.
Debbie

Thanks Deb, I think for the time being I'll just leave that alone.  I was only following up on Todd's suggestion, since I don't like taking pictures from others.  I still have tons of mine to go thru and I'm getting CD's from others and individual pictures from car/bike owners.  I do want to invite anyone who runs Maxton and has a number assigned by either Chuck or you guys in accordance with Chuck to send me pictures as I only have pictures from b'ville.

c ya,

Sum

Offline DKA

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2007, 10:44:57 PM »
Sumner,
Thanks for taking the time and energy to do this.  I'll send you the pictures and info I have on Maxton and I'll try to take some this coming season too.  I really enjoy your build site! See you on the salt. :-D
David
If it can be built, it can be raced.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2007, 04:21:04 AM »
 Some of the pictures have been taken by professionals with copyrights and I personally feel that only the actual owner can give you permission to grab them.

Debbie
[/quote]

Thanks to point on this copyrights problem.

Sum is doing a great job which his number/car/bike photo list, but to get him not in trouble he better takes care.

When I provide picture of my own to a webpage I only like to get the note add to the picture

- copyrights by Thomas "Pork Pie" Graf -

just for safety....after some very bad experience.... :|

Sum know this but I think he was so busy with working on the new pages that he missed this on mine. Don't worry about, Sum....you have a long way to got with your idea....and when you miss a number, let me know and I go through my material...... :wink:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »

Thanks to point on this copyrights problem.

Sum is doing a great job which his number/car/bike photo list, but to get him not in trouble he better takes care.

When I provide picture of my own to a webpage I only like to get the note add to the picture

- copyrights by Thomas "Pork Pie" Graf -

just for safety....after some very bad experience.... :|

Sum know this but I think he was so busy with working on the new pages that he missed this on mine. Don't worry about, Sum....you have a long way to got with your idea....and when you miss a number, let me know and I go through my material...... :wink:

I don't want to get into the copyright problems, so I am not taking any pictures from people's sites or any place else on the Internet without them telling me to do it.

So far about 95% of the pictures I've used are my own.  If anyone sends me a picture please assume that I might not be able to give you credit for it or mark that it is copyrighted.  If this is a problem with anyone please don't send me the picture in the first place or let me know now so I can remove the picture you sent.

I do have the following posted on the Index pages for the bikes and cars:

"Most of these pictures were taken by myself, but a number have come from various individuals. I'd like to give them individual credit, but it is just too time consuming. Please forgive me."

As I mention there the only way I have a chance to complete this process is to make posting it as efficient as possible.  Putting in credits slows that process down.  The fastest way for me to post is when the  pictures are on one CD with lots of them so I can pick them off in groups that correspond to the numbers in the index.  The slowest is when they come individually via e-mail.  I'll need the e-mail ones to fill in the gaps, so please continue to send those.

A couple people have sent me CD's with lots of pictures.  In this case I think I will be able to find a way to give them credit for the pictures that doesn't take me so much time.

The other thing is that I don't copyright my pictures as I'm not doing it commercially and also most of these pictures are in file sizes of 25K-35K and would not reproduce or print very well.  I found pictures off my site of my truck that was being used in a game by a major car wax company and it did upset me that they didn't even ask, but it was neat to see the truck in the game.

So one last time, don't send me pictures if it is a requirement that you get credit and let me know if you have done so and want them removed.

15+ hours into this project and not even 1/10 done,

Sum
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 11:08:12 AM by Sumner »