Author Topic: Car and Bike Pictures by SCTA Numbers....  (Read 18864 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Car and Bike Pictures by SCTA Numbers....
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:50:51 PM »
I've started to put pictures up of cars and bikes indexed off of their SCTA numbers.  This is going to be a big job and I don't know if it will ever be finished and then kept updated as numbers change, but I'm going to try and do it if there is an indication people are interested.

I'm starting with pictures I have taken, but since I don't have a picture of every car/bike you will need to send me yours if you want it up.

You can link to them off of this page HERE  .

Or go straight to the bikes HERE .

Or the cars HERE  .

This is just a start and I'll try and add some daily. 

I'd like a little feed back on this. If there doesn't seem to be much interest I'm not going to spend the time.

c ya,

Sum

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Car and Bike Pictures by SCTA Numbers....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »
Sum:

I shot a bunch of pictures when I was at Speedweek this year. There were a lot of street rods but also a fair number of race cars and bikes as well. If you want I'll mail you a CD.

Pete

Offline John Nimphius

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:13:19 PM »
Sum

I found your site about the same time I found this one. After reviewing just about all of enormous amount of material you?ve put there for others to use, everything is valuable and enjoyable.  IMHO your latest idea is out standing! 

My Bonneville pictures from the last few years are focused on the technical ideas on cars, (mostly roadsters) rather than car portraits but I will put together what I have, if you would like.  Give us an idea on the best way to get them to you.

John

Offline John Nimphius

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 11:36:25 PM »
After looking at what you have already done with pictures, I see: 1. how you would like to get them; 2. your looking for info on the vehicle's owners, class, ect.  No need to reply but don't how much I can help untill I have my own car picture to send.

John

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 01:16:54 AM »
Sum:
I shot a bunch of pictures when I was at Speedweek this year. There were a lot of street rods but also a fair number of race cars and bikes as well. If you want I'll mail you a CD.
Pete

Pete, yes please mail them to me if you don't mind.  Thanks!!

After looking at what you have already done with pictures, I see: 1. how you would like to get them; 2. your looking for info on the vehicle's owners, class, ect.  No need to reply but don't how much I can help until I have my own car picture to send.

John

John I have the entry list for the last couple years and programs for them and previous years, so if I have a picture where I can read the car/bike number I have the rest of the information.

At this time I have about all of the bike pictures I have up.  Sorry bike guys, but I'm trying to take more than I have in the past.  I might find more in my BUB pictures that have SCTA numbers on them.

I still have lots and lots of car pictures I've taken, so over the next week or so I'll be adding lots more.

If any of you want to send multiple pictures please do so via mail and a CD as I'm on dial-up.  If you just have a couple of your car or a friends you can e-mail them to me.

Thanks,

Sum

Offline Cword

• http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mdsiewer
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 10:54:01 AM »
Wow Sum!
Talk about taking on a never ending project.

It's sure going to be a handy reference though, good idea!

Mike
Mike Siewert
North of 49 Crew
 1149 B/STR

Offline John Nimphius

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »
Sum

CD with 05 and 06 Speedweek pictures going in todays mail.  Hope you can use some of it.

John

Offline John Nimphius

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 02:58:50 PM »
Sum

I sent you a PM with more info on the CD.

John

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 03:23:48 PM »
Sum

I sent you a PM with more info on the CD.

John

I got it and look forward to the pictures, thanks for the help,

Sum

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 03:43:30 PM »
Wow Sum!
Talk about taking on a never ending project.

It's sure going to be a handy reference though, good idea!

Mike

I'm not sure if Sum knows what he is kicking on........tsunami........
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline hitz

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 10:23:44 PM »
I think Sum's middle name is "NO FEAR!)

Good to see you're able to get back to work on your lakester, Sum. It's looking good! Hope the picture history project doesn't slow you down too much on the car.

Harv

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 11:55:36 PM »

Good to see you're able to get back to work on your lakester, Sum. It's looking good! Hope the picture history project doesn't slow you down too much on the car.

Harv

I can't type long enough to go into all the fear I have  :cry:.

Say do you have a number yet???

This is for anyone with a number.  Doesn't matter if you bike/car is under-construction or finished and racing.  If you have a number get me a picture.

c ya,

Sum

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 12:53:17 PM »

Harv

I can't type long enough to go into all the fear I have  :cry:.

Say do you have a number yet???

This is for anyone with a number.  Doesn't matter if you bike/car is under-construction or finished and racing.  If you have a number get me a picture.

c ya,

Sum

Sum, you got my racer, the #286................ or you like a other picture......
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »

Sum, you got my racer, the #286................ or you like a other picture......

I don't know if I have it or not at this point.  I got all the bikes I had pictures of from last year done, but I have hundreds of car pictures to go thru at this point and post to the page.

If you want send it to me.  Please 100K file size or less.

c ya,

Sum

Offline hitz

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 01:15:32 PM »
Sum,

No number for me yet. I've applied for one, but have to wait until April 1 to see if I get it. :|

I've been working on a list of things to do on the lakester to be able to run it. I don't think I'm going to make it. I would really like to run and get some kind of base line evaluation. I am planning on going, one way or the other. I decided when I started that there was not going to be a last minute rush to get the car ready. I still think thats a good idea.

I have a piece of 6" PVC pipe that will work for the parachute, if you like I can bring some of it for you. I was looking for irrigation pipe but found this. It's heavier than aluminum but corrosion won't be a problem and it won't stain the chute. Let me know.

I think your idea of a car picture, SCTA number index will be popular. Will there be a space for some specifications and brief comments? I often wondered what type engines the different cars run.

Looks like this should have been PM! Oh well.

Harv