Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3218361 times)

Offline Geo

Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #2730 on: June 30, 2012, 07:56:41 PM »
silver or light grey

I think so too.

You guy's are correct!  Nice color Dr.!

I love the global aspect of this group. Someone is always complaining about the environment they have to work in and the comments straighten out my whining.  i.e....
I had trouble with the self closing draft strip along the bottom of my garage door and there was also something wrong with the humidity control system. Still, I soldiered on. The Colonel's diesel jet heater was just the job
My garage has a draft and the humidity problem makes things feel worse.  It's the third week of 100 + degree days.  106 on the car outside temp readout as I was coming home wondering what race parts can I work on. While I am thinking if I get up early enough to beat the sun I might be able to get some work in. Then I remember it's Sunday tomorrow.  No noises early. :-(  So, I'm off to look at a mini split ductless heat pump for the improtant part of the house that now relies on outside air for temp modulation of the work space.

The car is looking good.   :cheers:

Geo

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2731 on: June 30, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »

It's just a shame Goggles didn't post the other, more blurry picture, where you could see the draft strip

My garage has a draft and the humidity problem makes things feel worse.  It's the third week of 100 + degree days.  106 on the car outside temp readout as I was coming home wondering what race parts can I work on. While I am thinking if I get up early enough to beat the sun I might be able to get some work in. Then I remember it's Sunday tomorrow.  No noises early. :-(  So, I'm off to look at a mini split ductless heat pump for the improtant part of the house that now relies on outside air for temp modulation of the work space.

The car is looking good.   :cheers:

Geo

I was at Richard Assen's place in summer last year and it was well hot in his shed where he works on his bike.
He went out side for a minute, turned a tap, flicked a switch, and suddenly it got very cool.
He has a big water tank outside his shed and some plumbing to spray water on the outside of the roof with a pump
You could feel the temperature drop straight away
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2732 on: July 01, 2012, 12:47:54 AM »
.....found some "chrome" truck paint that I bought for about 10 bucks for a bucket years ago(10?) when a paint shop was going under.... shot some onto the front axle which has always been done in "aluminium silver"....doesn't look like a saucepan now.

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2733 on: July 01, 2012, 01:23:49 AM »
I was at Richard Assen's place in summer last year and it was well hot in his shed where he works on his bike.
He went out side for a minute, turned a tap, flicked a switch, and suddenly it got very cool.
He has a big water tank outside his shed and some plumbing to spray water on the outside of the roof with a pump
You could feel the temperature drop straight away
G

Charlie Wilde has a shed in his back yard, I was in it sweltering when it was new and I'd just built the studio for Charlie Macneil in the caravan where we'd used 1 inch polystyrene to insulate it, I told charlie W......next time I went there he'd done it , walls and roof......... it was unbelievable, a single bar radiator was all it needed it the depth of winter.

Hey Wayno, chuck an amp in the truck for Speedweek, Don, stock up on jokes.....Bill, I'll be seeing the Spud. :wink: :wink: :wink: :cheers:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline salt27

« Reply #2734 on: July 01, 2012, 02:05:12 AM »
Hey Wayno, chuck an amp in the truck for Speedweek, Don, stock up on jokes.....Bill, I'll be seeing the Spud. :wink: :wink: :wink: :cheers:

Good news indeed. :cheers:

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2735 on: July 01, 2012, 03:15:08 AM »

Was there ever a doubt?

I'm grounded with work, but I'll be meeting up with Max before the end of July.  Expect a small care package along with Graham's 970 Cooper block.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2736 on: July 01, 2012, 06:52:42 AM »
Consider amp chucked.  :cheers: Woo hoo. Wayno

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #2737 on: July 01, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »
I'll bring a small amp w/ a lesser grade Fender bass if someone wants to play it besides me.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #2738 on: July 01, 2012, 02:01:55 PM »
Quote from the Doc: " Hey Wayno, chuck an amp in the truck for Speedweek, Don, stock up on jokes.....Bill, I'll be seeing the Spud." Does this mean we will be seeing you in August James?? I'll bring the tequila and I have a trick hand powered blender, see you at the 221 4VF/L pits!!

Rex 
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline DND

« Reply #2739 on: July 01, 2012, 03:15:46 PM »
Hi Rex

A few yrs back i saw a guy with a small block powered blender, just a tad overkill for Margareta City

Don

Offline Freud

« Reply #2740 on: July 01, 2012, 03:59:10 PM »
Don there is no such thing as OVERKILL for Margareta City.

Bring your own hose for your straw. Regulate the size by your capacity/hour.

Can you imagine the modesty of Rex suggesting his "hand powered blender?"  You bet.

The hand probably presses the button to fire up a nitro hemi on a 53 foot semi trailer.

FREUD
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:02:06 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline DND

« Reply #2741 on: July 01, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
Yep blown with a 95% load !!!!

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2742 on: July 01, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »
oh dear
 I'm going to have to get a bigger rental car  :cheers:
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2743 on: July 01, 2012, 07:11:36 PM »
Was there ever a doubt?

I'm grounded with work, but I'll be meeting up with Max before the end of July.  Expect a small care package along with Graham's 970 Cooper block.

I been jumping up and down and running around the house incessantly since I decided, then I saw 970 Cooper block and went "oh , yeah, that"....I'd been conveniently forgetting that I had to do other stuff than look at cars, talk sheet and drink margaritas...I have to work even harder than last year. Last year I had seventy interviews and wrote two big stories and three little ones.This year it'll be twice that.....I just hope I haven't got the week-long hangover that I generated in LA this time 'round...

I'll be jumping freights, Simon is getting in late due to work commitments here and Grumm is staying a week longer than I can, so in with the Colonel and out with the Shutterbugger.....Motel 6 here we come. I can almost smell it ...............

How are those T-shirts Rev?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:26:50 PM by Dr Goggles »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2744 on: July 01, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »
 :cheers:  Looking forward to it  :-o
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!