Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3216452 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #2580 on: May 03, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »
Rev,
You are setting in a meeting and doing your E mail, sounds like the company I formerly worked for, everyone would walk into the meeting with their laptops, open them and start doing E mail, screw the meeting!!

Interesting that the Chi-coms have an Aussie working on a big steel structure project, here in the Bay Area of California we are rebuilding the Bay bridge and using Chi-com steel, engineers and workers!! So much for hiring local labor.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2581 on: May 03, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »
China Town!
  Sid.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2582 on: May 05, 2012, 10:30:47 PM »
Never mind.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:37:36 PM by Stan Back »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2583 on: May 08, 2012, 08:45:52 AM »
No need to start a new thread for this tidbit, but -- what's going on, mates?  I was eating my breakfast and came across this in the latest edition of The Economist(British newsmagazine, published since 1843 or so) - and therefore likely to be correct:

"The consumption of beer in Australia has fallen to a 65-year low, according to official figures.  The average Aussie drinks just 4.23 litres (7.5 pints) of the amber nectar a year.  The consumption of wine and spirits has soared."

Will one or two of you please explain what's going on?  How'd you fail our beliefs in you?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2584 on: May 08, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
No need to start a new thread for this tidbit, but -- what's going on, mates?  I was eating my breakfast and came across this in the latest edition of The Economist(British newsmagazine, published since 1843 or so) - and therefore likely to be correct:

"The consumption of beer in Australia has fallen to a 65-year low, according to official figures.  The average Aussie drinks just 4.23 litres (7.5 pints) of the amber nectar a year.  The consumption of wine and spirits has soared."

Will one or two of you please explain what's going on?  How'd you fail our beliefs in you?

Strictly a hypothesis -

Team Sunshine, as a whole, spent a total of ~60 man/weeks out of the country last year.  That explains the beer.

As to the increase in the consumption of wine and spirits, Team Sunshine, as a whole, spent a total of ~60 man/weeks out of the country last year.

Perhaps the rest of the country was celebrating?

:wink:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Tman

« Reply #2585 on: May 08, 2012, 10:26:45 AM »
You might be onto something MM?

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2586 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:29 PM »
LOL, you guys are on to it!
  Sid.

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2587 on: May 08, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »

Slim
This is clearly a misprint and has been lost in translation somewhere. it should read "the average Aussie drinks just 4.23 litres of beer per week which puts them just ahead of the average Kiwi at 4.2 litres and well ahead of the average German at just 4 litres per week"

G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline rgn

« Reply #2588 on: May 10, 2012, 08:31:05 AM »
I was eating my breakfast and came across this in the latest edition of The Economist(British newsmagazine, published since 1843 or so) - and therefore likely to be correct:

I was reading exactly the same thing whilst I was drinking mine! :cheers:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2589 on: May 10, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »
So are you claiming the Kiwi's living in Oz in the Ozzy count or the Kiwi count? :-D
  Sid.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2590 on: May 12, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »
With two glut years and a very high Aussie dollar matched with market downturns in Europe and the US there has been a collapse in the Australian wine export market.

They can't afford our wine, and there's even more of it than usual. Result......domestic market has "bargains" available through wholesalers and online stores like have never been seen.

You can still go to the bottle shop and buy the same fifteen dollar bottle of red that you always did, meanwhile you can find cases of stuff that retails for a hundred dollars a bottle for fifteen in the dozen....I'm serious.

There is a downside.

Anyone can enjoy good wine, but to be able to enjoy cheap wine means you'll always be happy.... an educated palate is hard to fund....... this glut won't go on forever. :roll: :roll:

So yeah, maybe I'm letting the side down a little....drank a fair bit of beer already this weekend but.

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Freud

« Reply #2591 on: May 12, 2012, 11:42:39 PM »
Dr. G..........

It's gonna be a real slap in the face when the $100 bottle goes back up to $100 and you lust for it.

Don't buy wine out of your neighborhoods price range.

You will suffer later.

In the US of A the $3.00 wine has gone up to $5.00 because so many people are buyin' the cheap stuff.

Over here the $100 bottle still costs $100.00.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2592 on: May 13, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »
Racers don't dig chicks that have $100. wine tastes  8-)
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2593 on: May 13, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
Dr. G..........

It's gonna be a real slap in the face when the $100 bottle goes back up to $100 and you lust for it.

yeah, like I said..."Anyone can enjoy good wine, but to be able to enjoy cheap wine means you'll always be happy.... an educated palate is hard to fund....... this glut won't go on forever. :roll: :roll:
"
Don't buy wine out of your neighborhoods price range.
You will suffer later.

I've done the sums, offsetting the future pain against real time gains I've amortized the intangible  against the quaffable.

Racers don't dig chicks that have $100. wine tastes  8-)

Send me that $100, it's more than I've ever spent on a bottle of plonk.....besides Bill you know where my priorities lie..... :wink: :wink:anyways.....where's the corkscrew?
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2594 on: May 13, 2012, 01:35:16 AM »
You might have to get yourself an Ipad mate, it's the latest thing in endless beer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6a8Eimr-fm0
  Sid.