Author Topic: Milwaukee Midget  (Read 3297538 times)

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
Re: Milwaukee Midget
« Reply #2085 on: February 07, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »
The Stainless theory on beers...

Dark beers usually have lots of flavor.... just saying...

Now I have had some very tasty light ales and lagers, so don't get me wrong, I do venture there as well.  But I really like the darker hues.... and the new big thing in micro seems to be aging in used barrels... both of my locals do... and that really adds those layers  :-D
Now back to your regular programming... how's that MOWOG tranny install thing coming along  :cheers:

Not that anybody cares, but in my youth (21+.....) I spent a lot of time digesting Hamm's (my Dad's choice for beer) Stroh's (my uncle's choice) and sampled whatever my great uncles were drinking. (Bud/PBR/Schiltz and......  wait for it......Blatz.......)  Yeah I know, but I was young.....       My more worldly (?) friends got me started on a Coors kick for a while.   But once I started hanging around with Brit, Aussie and Kiwi race car mechanics & engineers, the gloves came off and a whole new WORLD of brewing possibilities opened up.  Ie:  Newcastle Brown Ale, Foster's Lager, Henninger Doppelbock, Guiness Draught, etc, etc.   Then my sister-in-law married a nice German guy and I got introduced to Weissbier, Kolsch, Dunkler Bock, Munich Dunkel.....und......Marzen (Octoberfest)

Let's just say my transformation to the "dark side" was complete...........

I find, as do you Bob, more taste and body in the darker beers.  That is not to say I don't have favorites among among the lighter side/lighter colored brews, but I tend to enjoy those with more taste & body.   But the bottom line for me is:   As an engine guy, I'm drawn to the stuff that has the color of used motor oil with the smooth finish of a European Dark Lager, an Oatmeal Stout or an American Porter.    So much the better if it has spent some time in a barrel......

BTW: Mrs. Fordboy is a brunette.............hmmmmm...........
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #2086 on: February 07, 2013, 02:39:44 PM »
70,000 Beer Cans Found in Ogden Townhouse
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=268346#
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #2087 on: February 07, 2013, 04:24:57 PM »
I've noticed a trend towards the darker beers as guys get older.  I wonder if that will happen to me .......................... when I grow up????
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #2088 on: February 07, 2013, 06:32:23 PM »
Maybe someday, ya never know. :-)
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2089 on: February 07, 2013, 08:19:19 PM »

Looks like my basement after band practice.

Now back to your regular programming... how's that MOWOG tranny install thing coming along  :cheers:

Well, I've been busy this afternoon -

This city looks absolutely gorgeous under a blanket of snow, the HP Sodium street lights fondly bringing back memories of Frank Zappa. 

:roll:

I'll be heading out again about 9:00 tonight to give it another go.

While I'm waiting, I'll hook up my drill to the transmission and give it a spin. 

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #2090 on: February 07, 2013, 09:03:30 PM »
We're supposed to get a dash of the white stuff in my part of the world this evening. Luckily I'll be in the nice warm shop! Keep up the good work Midget!  :cheers:
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2091 on: February 08, 2013, 12:48:00 AM »
Lots of yellow snow but no Huskies!!! :-D

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2092 on: February 08, 2013, 12:56:18 AM »

Usually Peter Jack handles the snow dogs. :-D

I took my 1/2 inch drill and hooked it up to the input shaft of the transmission, clicked it on and ran it for about 15 minuets, switching back and forth between the gears.

Seems to work at 1/3 HP.  Guess I'll know for sure when I bolt it back to the engine and double that figure . . .

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #2093 on: February 08, 2013, 01:10:08 AM »
Actually my dog's a little depressed. We're having a bout of relatively warm weather and the snow's disappearing. He prefers that the weather be about -40 with heavy snow. Now he's looking for bits of snow to roll in.  :roll: :roll: :-D

Pete

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2094 on: February 08, 2013, 02:19:08 AM »
clicked it on and ran it for about 15 minuets

Minuets?, there's no end to your artfulness....

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Minuet.

A minuet, also spelled menuet, is a social dance of French origin for two people, usually in 3/4 time. The word was adapted from Italian minuetto and French menuet, and may have been from French menu meaning slender, small, referring to the very small steps, or from the early 17th-century popular group dances called branle à mener or amener.

The term also describes the musical form which accompanied the dance, and subsequently developed more fully, often with a longer structure called the minuet and trio.

I have been dancing, mine though has been more the modern interpretive/expressive dance where I run around in random sized circles with my hands in the air shrieking..... I call it "The Thrash"
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Tman

« Reply #2095 on: February 08, 2013, 02:28:02 AM »

Usually Peter Jack handles the snow dogs. :-D

I took my 1/2 inch drill and hooked it up to the input shaft of the transmission, clicked it on and ran it for about 15 minuets, switching back and forth between the gears.

Seems to work at 1/3 HP.  Guess I'll know for sure when I bolt it back to the engine and double that figure . . .

Good thing to know you tested it at twice the projected horsepower! :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2096 on: February 08, 2013, 03:13:21 AM »
 :-D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: The evil here just doesn't stop.

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #2097 on: February 08, 2013, 06:02:43 AM »
:-D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: The evil here just doesn't stop.

That's because most of the posters freely admit going over to the "dark side".............
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Snowblowerboy     (hey, it's powered by a flathead!!!!!     Sadly, no GMC 4-71 blower...........)

Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2098 on: February 08, 2013, 10:05:16 AM »
clicked it on and ran it for about 15 minuets

Minuets?, there's no end to your artfulness....

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Minuet.

A minuet, also spelled menuet, is a social dance of French origin for two people, usually in 3/4 time. The word was adapted from Italian minuetto and French menuet, and may have been from French menu meaning slender, small, referring to the very small steps, or from the early 17th-century popular group dances called branle à mener or amener.

The term also describes the musical form which accompanied the dance, and subsequently developed more fully, often with a longer structure called the minuet and trio.

I have been dancing, mine though has been more the modern interpretive/expressive dance where I run around in random sized circles with my hands in the air shrieking..... I call it "The Thrash"

How do you quiet a guitar player?  Put some sheet music in front of him.

Yeah – I missed that one – perhaps my subdominant affinity to the tonic?

Either way, I'll get this resolved.

Vivace Scherzo, Sunshine Sextet. PRESTO!

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #2099 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »
One of these days I'm going to print out this section of the thread and give it to a normal person to read.

The following day you can expect the dudes with the straightjacket to be knocking.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.