Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3212222 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #2565 on: April 29, 2012, 11:27:48 PM »
lol 
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2566 on: April 30, 2012, 02:09:45 AM »
I watched that video again and there's one thing that got me. I was never really into Modified Sport cars. They always looked like an oddball rule motivated class...."just build a liner" I always thought....

Then I saw Keith Copelands GT6, gone.

What a car.........
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #2567 on: April 30, 2012, 07:01:05 AM »
Yeah, Big Gaz and I spent a bit of time checking it out as well!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2568 on: April 30, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »
HEY!!!! Watch your mouth, the bloody thing's got doors!! :evil:
  Sid.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2569 on: April 30, 2012, 12:04:53 PM »
Except for the one from Supermarine, it could be called "The World's Fastest Spitfire". Keith is back racing again after recovering fron a bad crash a few years ago.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2570 on: April 30, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »
HEY!!!! Watch your mouth, the bloody thing's got doors!! :evil:
  Sid.

Yeah, I know a front wheel drive Pommy car with doors...... I'm calling in sick........305mph. After a crash like that , to come back with that car......"just cough twice for me Keith"..........."&^%^$#%%^$$, they're HUGE"
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2571 on: May 01, 2012, 09:02:45 PM »
Now if you took a Spitfire, narrowed it up a whole pile & parked it on the back of your tank.................. just sayin!
  Sid.

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2572 on: May 01, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »
The Buddfabb if you ask me has all the late second world war fighter silohuette cues you'd ever need. Spitfires had a beautiful profile til they got to about version X and the bubble canopy...the earlier P51s........hmmmmmm.

But if you're talking about them Triumph Spitfires then I have to say I have an enthusiasm for them that remains below detectable levels, on any equipment. The Copeland car is no more a Triumph than I am a cow or a cotton bush ........see if you can nut that one out whipper-snapper. :wink:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2573 on: May 02, 2012, 02:24:35 AM »
I gotcha, ya older than me fart.
Don't tell anybody I said this but I think it's a real looker too.  :wink:
  Sid.

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #2574 on: May 02, 2012, 03:02:42 AM »
Sitting in another impressively long project meeting bored to tears so I thought I'd send my favorite design community land speeders some images of our building under construction here...

http://occipital.com/user/b380-297772/dik-jarman

If you were wondering why the cost of steel is going up check it out. These show only some of the complexity of the project, photos simply do not explain it well enough. When you are standing looking at a steel petal 100 feet in length curling it's tendrils around another one of the same length to meet underfoot somewhere and then only after a while see there are about twenty workers within that mess of metal you only then start to realize the scale of this thing. This may be the last building I design through to completion, I cannot imagine getting a similar project to satisfy me after this.

Things are moving here and we are looking at moving ourselves to Shanghai where there are some more amenities such as cheese (and I don't mean Jack!)

rH+

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2575 on: May 02, 2012, 11:39:26 PM »
People with an excessive amount of money spending it on frivolous things, how very western.
  Sid.

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #2576 on: May 02, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »
That's a good point Sid and I have questioned the ethics of this project myself.

But then if we didn't try and build the Sydney Opera House, or whichever great world building you can think of then it would be a pretty dull planet. The rest of this town is cookie cutter residential skyscrapers and very dull. I think this just may be a diamond in the sand. Excessive yes, a product of a government spending yes, worth it? I would like to think so in the long run as an inspiration that things can be better and not just the same. Civic pride is a worthy investment as long as the population isn't starving (like they were 40 years ago).

Both Amber and I are thinking of heading back to do penance in an outback Australian indigenous community anyway, I kid you not, we are preparing the applications now!

Dik

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:55:50 PM by Reverend Hedgash »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2577 on: May 03, 2012, 12:56:56 AM »
Oh come on guys, they have to do something with all that money we Americans are sending them... I think it is good to know that they hire folks that know how to build 'em  to build.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #2578 on: May 03, 2012, 01:07:44 AM »
That's a good point Sid and I have questioned the ethics of this project myself.

But then if we didn't try and build the Sydney Opera House, or whichever great world building you can think of then it would be a pretty dull planet. The rest of this town is cookie cutter residential skyscrapers and very dull. I think this just may be a diamond in the sand. Excessive yes, a product of a government spending yes, worth it? I would like to think so in the long run as an inspiration that things can be better and not just the same. Civic pride is a worthy investment as long as the population isn't starving (like they were 40 years ago).

Hey it ain't for landspeedracers to question that sort of stuff... what are you doing inside anyway Sid?

Both Amber and I are thinking of heading back to do penance in an outback Australian indigenous community anyway, I kid you not, we are preparing the applications now!
Dik

Never a dull moment, that's a gutsy, gutsy effort, from the most congested part of the planet to the most remote.

Oh come on guys, they have to do something with all that money we Americans are sending them... I think it is good to know that they hire folks that know how to build 'em  to build.

from what I gather that's just the interest on what you guys owe 'em :wink:

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2579 on: May 03, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »

Oh come on guys, they have to do something with all that money we Americans are sending them

Yup - We borrow it so we can expand a base in Canberra to keep their power in check.

Shrewd, eh?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:38:04 AM by Milwaukee Midget »
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: