Author Topic: Class a bike tank size  (Read 16439 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Class a bike tank size
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2005, 02:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dan Warner:
  If they want to do that, and give up the advantages availible to them by building a full-on custom Altered set up... why not?
 Ah - a graduate from Jack Dolan University.

DW
Dan what are you saying,  may have missed it, I went to Sushi tonight and had a few....  :D  

What I am saying is let the Modified bikes compete in the altered classes and if the production bikes can put a non stock apearing exhaust pipe on and take a modified record so be it, that means "they earned" the record more than the other bike did.

Same as the Modified Blown classes, if I run over 253 as a modified bike with a gas tank change and a fully built altered bike runs less than 250mph why should we not be able to race in the same class?  The Altered bike should run 260 mph at minimum and be well ahead in design, speed, and handling over a lightly modified bike..

J

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2005, 05:55:00 AM »
"Do we hear anybody with a purpose built Class-A bike screaming for protection or is that laughing or is it crying I hear ?"
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

dwarner

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »
John,

My comment was meant as a tongue-in-cheek towards the notorious Jack Dolan. Jack is famous in the community for taking advantage of the poor rules maker and then crying that he is at a disadvantage.
 You haven't lived until you have sat in on a rules meeting which is running into the early morning hours and just before dismissal Jack raises his hand and speaks the immortal words "I have just one more thing to bring up"....

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by JackD:
  "Do we hear anybody with a purpose built Class-A bike screaming for protection or is that laughing or is it crying I hear ?"
Yes they are crying, there are a few long term Bonneville entrants (names not used to protect the guilty) that complained because some modified bikes "took" their records out of the book because they went faster...  :roll:  

J

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
Well John, I feel your pain.
 I managed to pain GM. Ford, Chrysler,VW, Honda, and home brands with performance.
 I do tend to read a ruleboook carefully and run on the opposite end of cheat.
 One of the big "NO NO NOs" was setting 2 records on the same day with the same engine in 2 different cars. Not to mention Wendy setting the first record of the season in the first run of the event, on her first pass in competition, her first licence run, and first record by a women.
 Who could forget the "DIPSTICK" ?
 "If you can't have the most fun going the most fast than you will suffer the most regardless of how fast you are."
 " Da otta be a law." Amos n Andy-1954
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »
Jack, I thought that was Saphire driving...............
Bob Drury

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bob Drury:
  Jack, I thought that was Saphire driving...............
She authorized the funds.