Author Topic: Who wants Jack back?  (Read 9577 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Who wants Jack back?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »
Jack can post if he wants to, I think he is just waiting for someone to tell him how cute he is in his little blue dress.  Ya lurking Jack...  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 10:08:08 PM »
I,for one, would welcome him back.  Just hope this time he writes in english.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 10:35:18 PM »
I'm sorry, but IMHOP the alleged, legendary, JACK D has hurt TOO many people's feelings with his pose-ing, chest- beating triatabes and needs to re-think his self-assumed legendary satus on thiis website.

In ther words, BACK OFF!, JACK! -  Not the REVERSE! "Cause otherwise, I think, that's what U R!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 10:49:02 PM »
I'm sorry, but IMHOP the alleged, legendary, JACK D has hurt TOO many people's feelings with his pose-ing, chest- beating triatabes and needs to re-think his self-assumed legendary satus on thiis website.

In ther words, BACK OFF!, JACK! -  Not the REVERSE! "Cause otherwise, I think, that's what U R!

I want him back and would trade him for a current member here...if you like  a person here or not that is not a problem, after we can all agree to disagree.  If you do not like seeing a certain persons post then simply click on teh ignore feature under the screen name of the said person.

Works for me and several others.

It will take either a non sponsor/advertiser (company) that is always pushing their buisiness or someone that simply rubs all members the wrong way...

Yes I am still here.. :wink:

PS, I.B. it is not you I am mentioning. :-D

J

Offline Freud

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »
Most anyone that attended college had a professor that they did not like.

They presented material that you had to think about to get the point instead of spoon feeding you.

Apparently the university felt that prof was of some value.

When you were years beyond the college, that prof's presentation finally made sense.

There's no enrollment fee to take the LSR course from Prof. Jack.

You don't have to like him to learn from him and just like the prof......he really doesn't care.

That's difficult for some students to deal with.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Evil Tweety

• Read more on Evil Tweety
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 11:34:49 PM »
I'll be honest.  I didn't always get his point (but I'm young and rather new to LSR), and saw where he frequently came off sounding pretty rough.  He's probably one of those people that if you've met you'd find him less irritating.  He contacted me several times off list with more details regarding questions I've had - and I really appreciated that.

The diversity is a big part of a good forum.  If he's banned, or made to not feel welcome here, or censored too much then I'm not sure how much more I want to be here . . . at what point does it stop?

Offline racergeo

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »

I personally enjoy a good JACKISM now and then. Some people are trying to get mental stimulation buy creating a good debate and of course they intend to win it.

Experience - when you make new mistakes instead of repeating old ones.   

Offline joea

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 03:19:42 AM »
Jon Amo wanted him here as well...........

It was difficult for him.........with MANY dozens of private
emails from folks........many from SCTA folks who wanted to provide input here.....and current TOP names
in LSR who wanted to provide tech expertise and didnt like the way the site was
evolving so they stayed away.............. couldnt deal with
the bashing/negativism.........

Jon A. wanted so desperately to keep the site a well informed
one that included SCTA presence.......it became to frustrating to
him to try to please all and just as importantly his life is evolving into
one that has other priorities right now........

Jon A. appreciated much of Jack D.......and Jack is one of my favorite
people in LSR.......I am hopefull that he continues to help many in the LSR world...

I am sure Jon W. will do us all proud.....heck he already has by keeping the site going...:)

Joe :)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »
  He's probably one of those people that if you've met you'd find him less irritating. 

Naw....  :-D

As Jon W stated, nobody is banned, nobody has been censored, no posts have been deleted, a couple are being ignored....  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Super Kaz

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 10:24:06 AM »
As I said in a post ysterday Jack will be back however like Kent he has a lot going on at this time, Jack D has no issues with anyone "currently" posting.

He will be by I am sure.

J

J/N,
Thats Great too know My Worlds Fastest Racing Brotha :wink:!If it wasn't for Him,and You where would I be{Besides More Broke and Confused :?} Racing :oops:?
The NHRA :-o ? Not with out a Great Sponsor or some really Big Breast Implants :evil: So I get stay here{GOD WILLING} and get to get Hot,and Dirty Racing with You All instead 8-)
Thanks again,
SKR........

p.s Jack Come Back Please :cry:!!!

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 12:18:48 PM »
I miss his knowledge and sarchasm myself. I want him back if he chooses to come back

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 12:32:56 PM »
The only reason I wouldn't want Jack back is that he essentially drove several very well informed very helpfull, very experienced people off this forum (including some current moderators I believe!). It simply wasn't worth it to them to be subjected to the repeated personal attacks - when all they were trying to do was help out and share their experience.

So If Jack would come back -  and not engage in his senseless personal attacks - I would welcome his participation.  but I think we would be asking a Leopard to change his spots!

Carl "just my 2cents worth Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline tortoise

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 01:25:32 PM »
I think we should try telling him he's full of shit and should stay away. That might bring him back.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 01:49:33 PM »
Lets keep it clean Tortoise, Jack will be back :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Blue

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 04:54:15 AM »
Jack took the time to call me months ago to discuss solid wheels.  It was a good conversation, and I'd like to think we both learned something.  Not only would I like to see him posting here again, he is welcome for a visit in my shop anytime.