Author Topic: Who wants Jack back?  (Read 9654 times)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Who wants Jack back?
« on: May 30, 2008, 05:37:59 PM »
I do. I know some of you dont want to admit it,come on fess up.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline willieworld

Re: Who wants Jack back?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:40:34 PM »
i would  like nothing better than to read a post from jack    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »
His last post was March 12th.

Those that he irritates can ratliff ignore him

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:21:48 PM »
Personally I miss all the hooligans that were going at it enough to get the site shut down. Heck, it was free entertainment and didn't bother me a lick! I'm a big girl, I know how to use ignore, how to bypass and not read things or people that irritate me. Hefty internet banter is entertaining! It's getting dull around here! :-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:28:05 PM »
from all your down under fans  YES PLEASE   :-D :-D :-D
slower than most

Online stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 06:36:22 PM »
i`ll second that :-)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 06:54:30 PM »
I like the idea of everyone starting with a fresh slate and as long as they follow the parameters that Jon sets down on occasion then they can continue to post.

I also like the fact that Jon is not adverse to setting those parameters down right in the forum so we all know where everyone stands and all understand the rules and the interpretations of those rules. (I'd also like to see that elsewhere, but that's another subject.)

Let's hear from all the entertainers who in a lot of cases also have a great depth of knowledge that they every once in a while let slip.

Pete

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
I looked over Jack's posts to see what the problem was and I don't get it. He certainly has an acid tongue, but don't we all. He has a ton of LSR knowledge.

Let's make sure the Michigan and Florida votes count so Jack will win!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline MadDuck

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 07:48:07 PM »
Jack is one person whose comments were always worth reading.  Smart and with real experience in LSR.  Rare combination that is missed.  Do we need a poll or a vote on this sort of issue??
 :-D
Fly on RI Rocket #27

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 08:02:06 PM »
I've known Jack for several years, and always found him an interesting person.  His points of view are always backed up by facts.  His LSR knowledge and experience are second to none.  A BIG, BIG LOSS to this group. 

Censorship and personal editing to make a post on landracing.com in order to make it palatable
to the group is not to my liking.  We're talking landracing.com here. We're not talking Pravda.

You can make salsa without jalapinos, but it ain't gonna taste as good.

KBM

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 08:28:40 PM »
As I said in a post ysterday Jack will be back however like Kent he has a lot going on at this time, Jack D has no issues with anyone "currently" posting.

He will be by I am sure.

J

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 09:02:22 PM »
Hmmm... 11 posts in three hours or so.  Someone feel free to send Jack a note telling him those numbers.  And I again remind one and all that as of now there is no one "banned" from the forum.  All who do not post are doing so of their own free will.

As far as me trying to keep those who might stray from the straight and narrow -- yes, I do so in public where it's appropriate, so that everyone can see that I really am paying attention - and so everyone can see what stuff I feel is detrimental to the general audience.  That's my way of helping all know what is wrong in my opinion.  By the way, it is my opinion - not my hard and fast rule.  Sure I've got the editorial horsepower to shut things down -- but that's no way to run a business, which this site is first and foremost.  I want as many happy folks on here as I can get -- so that when I ask a firm to advertise I can promise, with a clean conscience, that so-and-so many regular visitors will see the message.  If there are fewer of you -- I don't get to sell as many ads.  (Not that I've sold much since taking over.  One has said "yes", and I'm still putting together the little space they'll have).  I'll start a thread about advertising and how I'd like you to respond to the ads -- but that's for another time.

Whoa -- too much soapbox.  I'll go have some trifle for dessert.  Keep on plugging for Jack, hokey-dokey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 09:24:44 PM »
I sent Jack an email a while back (well before the new owners, and one after it was announced that J&N had the forum) about coming back and his response was "we will have to see".

I do often see that multiple "guests" viewing any certain topic. I often think at least one of them is JD.

I think Jack is concerned that FRs opinions will be considered more valid than his and this fear is a driving reason why he is not posting. This is the only reason I could see why he is not.

JK, JD…..or am I!

-JH :-D
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline maj

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »
Not only Jacks knowlege but the fact he nearly never gave you the answer only directed so you could find it and why yourself..

and i like reading the banter  :-D

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 09:31:39 PM »
Hello All, :-D

I do hope that Jack reads this stuff from time to time. I hope that he comes back on the site.  :lol:

Hoping that he will come back on and add his very qualified counsel to some of the subject material. 8-)

As far as the impediments in his not doing so....as Slim has stated there are none. :-o

Regards to All,
HB2 :-)

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.