Author Topic: "NASCAR" team at bonneville  (Read 55184 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: "NASCAR" team at bonneville
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2007, 11:41:35 AM »
Seems to me you had your answer long ago.  Just run for time only, yet you keep bringing up creating another class?  Talk about confussing.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2007, 11:43:46 AM »
As I understand it you don't care about classes. Perfect. Come out and run Time Only and have fun and drop by for a cold one if you like.

Offline AB-1

• New folks
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2007, 11:44:27 AM »
Seems to me you had your answer long ago.  Just run for time only, yet you keep bringing up creating another class?  Talk about confussing.

Then I will explain yet again, I think A class for these cars would be cool, If there was one I would particapate. If there is not a class, I really dont care, whats so hard about that

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »
TIME TO VOTE

Can we see a show of whole hands, and not just waving fingers ? :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline AB-1

• New folks
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2007, 11:56:32 AM »
As I understand it you don't care about classes. Perfect. Come out and run Time Only and have fun and drop by for a cold one if you like.

Thats what I am lookin for, The only reason we are going with a NASCAR based car is thats what we know best. The real challange is going to get that tird to go respectably fast on the salt. Thats all we want to do.
And of course enjoy some cold ones while watching the sun go down over the salt with you fine folks. That what I want to do

Ab

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2007, 11:59:04 AM »
"If there is intrest in a class, which I have been told there is 8-10 cars that would particapate, why not give it a go."

We don't need more classes.

We don't need more entries.

We don't need to create more rules (and inspectors) for cars we don't need.

We can't even support the ones we have now for all the people who have paid their dues.

What part of this don't you get?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline k.h.

« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2007, 12:10:27 PM »
Land Speed Racing being essentially an "amateur motorsport" and NASCAR being a "Mega-Business," no offense intended, but I agree with Kent and his Skittles in the toilet comment.  Big yawn, NASCAR.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline AB-1

• New folks
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2007, 12:21:03 PM »

What part of this don't you get?

The part that makes me think why you are so small minded.

Offline AB-1

• New folks
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2007, 12:23:48 PM »
Land Speed Racing being essentially an "amateur motorsport" and NASCAR being a "Mega-Business," no offense intended, but I agree with Kent and his Skittles in the toilet comment.  Big yawn, NASCAR.

I by no means a NASCAR supporter. I dont watch the races and get out of going to the races when and how ever I can

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2007, 12:24:28 PM »

Thats what I am lookin for, The only reason we are going with a NASCAR based car is thats what we know best. The real challange is going to get that tird to go respectably fast on the salt. Thats all we want to do.
And of course enjoy some cold ones while watching the sun go down over the salt with you fine folks. That what I want to do
Ab

AB-1, I won't support any more classes in the SCTA, however as stated before the USFRA might, you should contact them.
As for running at the salt during Speed Week for time only COME ON OUT! I'd love to have you. You are a competitor and everyone who comes to the salt has a goal be just to get there, go 175 in the quarter, run over 200, or set a record.
Look forward to seeing you to shair a cool one...
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »
dont think there gonna let "time only" cars this year... time will tell.... hey ab-1 the correct spelling is "tUrd"...... speaking of turds... hey ya wanna see a 20 second NASCAR race.?... throw a handfull of skittles in the toilet and flush.!...hahahahaha... crack myself up
love ya
kent

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2007, 01:54:09 PM »
"small minded" -- probably.

Narrow-minded -- yes.

Focused -- for sure.  See top parts of my message to see why.

And, yep.  I could see T.O. cars going away.  Got to cut somewhere.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2007, 03:32:44 PM »
AB-1 one other thing, Wayne Jesel runs a BUSCH car at Maxton set a record over 230 in their "stock car class" but built a Dodge truck & is involved in a Dodge powered '29 roadster to run on the salt. Nothing wrong with being a conformist...
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...