Author Topic: "NASCAR" team at bonneville  (Read 55121 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: "NASCAR" team at bonneville
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »
come on you Sissy's... lets get back to the NASCAR bashing.....wanna see a 8 second "NASCAR" race?..... toss a hand full of skittles in a toilet and flush  :-D
kent

Offline power58

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2007, 10:28:43 PM »
I don't care who you  are Nascar Bashin is funny stuff
My inner child pretty much runs the place

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2007, 11:36:12 PM »
thats what i'm sayin... come on guys bring it on....
kent

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2007, 12:42:17 PM »
This is not really bashing. I understand the premise of the COT, but the homogenizing of the car bodies takes a lot away from rooting for your favorite make. It used to be easy to tell the difference between a Plymouth SuperBird and a Ford Grand Tourino. A Pontiac or Chevy. Next step a common engine?

The only distingushing characteristic these days is the Driver and to be more politically correct and appease the major sponsors NASCAR is reigning in the Drivers. Hell, the best part of NASCAR racing used to be the infield fist fights and bump assisted spins. Hey the technology is there, why not have robot drivers?

Toyota? Enough said.

Offline NASCAR

• New folks
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2007, 03:48:29 PM »
Carl, Iwill sell you my NASCAR for $42,000. It is set up for Bonneville and has new paint, new zz838 GM crate motor, and TREMEC trans. I ran 167 on the short course and with a seasoned racer like you on the lon course. Who knows.  John Davey
 :lol:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2007, 04:34:10 PM »
hum! 42 k FOR A TIME ONLY VEHICLE,
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline NASCAR

• New folks
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2007, 06:58:40 PM »
I only responded with a NASCAR price because a LSR wanted to buy one. In response to all of this NASCAR stuff, some very reputable long time LSR car builders and racers ran 237 mph last year during motorcycle week. This year I think another went 227.
John

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2007, 07:10:54 PM »
Carl, Iwill sell you my NASCAR for $42,000. It is set up for Bonneville and has new paint, new zz838 GM crate motor, and TREMEC trans. I ran 167 on the short course and with a seasoned racer like you on the lon course. Who knows.  John Davey
 :lol:

Well my original offer was for 10,000.  That was based on the statement by someone at Gary Trout Autosports team that they only had $6000 dollars into the car and built it in 30 days.  I thought I was doing them a favor by giving them a chance to almost double their money -  funny -  they never did respond to the offer -  Don't know why!

Carl Johansson

BTW -  I have no doubt these cars are fast and safe -  my original post was trying to figure out why they had told me that "The Inspectors" required them to run the fat tires.  I now know that I was given bad information -  the team had imposed that limitation on themselves while trying to duplicate and beat some other guys speeds.  I have no problem with that -  it makes alot more sense that "the inspectors won't allow it!"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:13:03 PM by Carl Johansson »
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

LVMAXX

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2007, 10:40:44 AM »
 :-D

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:38:02 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2007, 07:08:31 PM »
Hey NASCAR -- How do you get a 167 MPH Time Only car to the long course.

(Whoops -- got my own answer.  Just enter it as a streamliner since it has no automotive body parts.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

LVMAXX

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2007, 07:21:54 PM »
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:38:42 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline roundyround

• New folks
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2007, 09:39:43 PM »
Dear Bloggers, 
I am the owner of the NASCAR that was at the most recent event.  First of all, let me say how much we enjoyed ourselves at this event.  We found all the officials and participants to be very helpful in every aspect of our experience.  I am somewhat disappointed at some of the bloggers comments regarding our effort.  In fact, I take if very personal that you attack our effort and question our presence at this event.  Let me first explain why we were there.  The gentleman by the name of Russ Wicks had a private FIA event at Bonneville in 2006, set a world speed record in a NASCAR.  His record is 223 mph in an alleged stock NASCAR setup.  I am not a NASCAR expert, however last year (2006) I entered a car in the Brickyard 400, qualified 25th and finished the race.  Considering our chances, I think we did pretty damn good.  Let me also explain to you that your attack on our effort affected me in that the advertising revenue generated from the logos on the car was given to a local charity to help young disadvantaged children get a head start in elementary school.  I also think it is important for you to know that the transporter, trailer, and individuals helping our effort were donated by a great company in El Paso by the name of Barnett Harley Davidson.  Further to this, our car and its components were put together on a shoe string budget.  Our driver is a local female modified driver who had never been in a NASCAR in her life.  The reason we ran on wide tires is very simple.  This is what Russ Wicks ran in his record attempt last year.  For the experts out there who think the engine is not a real NASCAR engine, you are wrong.  It is a NASCAR legal, 358 cubic inch motor and driveline.  The two three-inch diameter inlets on the front facia is to enable the car to breathe.  The normal air intake is at the base of the windshield but at speeds over 200 mph and at the Bonneville elevation leans out the motor.  Overall, we had a great time. However, your comments are certainly not appreciated, particularly to attract other participants to your event.  Gregg Jackson

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2007, 10:46:21 PM »
Gregg:

I for one am glad you came out there seems to be some Anti-NASCAR predjudice in every auto forum I participate in. I was also very dissappointed in the display of bad manners regarding your effort. Trash talking to friends is one thing, but I feel some of the comments reflect poorly on the landspeed sport, and I do not wish to be associated with that sort of attitude which is why I spoke up in that regard.

It is also sad that these comments had negative impacts on sponsorship. It might come back to bite others as well so unfortunate to see that display of poor sportsmanship here.

Hope to see you out on the salt again. Ignore them and have fun and go fast be safe!

Larry

LVMAXX

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2007, 10:04:39 AM »
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:39:18 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2007, 01:06:49 PM »
Hello Gregg,

first, the El Paso Newspaper arrived today - picture works well out - I'm glad that I can say thanks this way - I was a little bit confused to which Jackson I have to write and which e-mail I can use.

To your Bonneville adventure - therefore that you was the first time out, you and your team done a damn great job. Christy was a little bit nervous, especially with the feeling and the handling due to the wide tire, but she learned fast and got the right touch to go fast. Especially I have to say thanks to her, that she gave me a chance to take the great parachute picture.

Also Donnie done a superb job - he really pressed the pedal through the  metal - if the rear didn't broke I think he would went faster than Russ. He was going "Bonneville or bust".

Donnie is hooked up, also Christy - if she had smaller tires to feel more comfortable - she will run again.

As I said on the salt, I hope to see you all again next year for another try - and ignore some of this not "qualified" comments. And thanks that I could be a part of your Bonneville racing.

By the way, I like to contact Christy - can you get me her e-mail over my e-mail button on this website.

Think fast....always
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)