Author Topic: Brett de Stoop, the New contender?  (Read 67823 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Brett de Stoop, the New contender?
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »
I'm not seeing fly gear -- the wind I hear -- is it keeping them away this year?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2013, 08:18:38 PM »
Stan, the flies were still there,,the pits were located closer to the shore this year, so the flies could see us, some flew out to crawl down a few throats, garnish pies etc.
Fly gear is reserved for tourists, body  odor repels them , or so they say,,,,,,,
Maybe they spied Goggs skidmarked nomex ?
Tiny
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2013, 11:11:46 AM »
   This will make the flys more tollerable. Could be fun.
  http://www.bugasalt.com/how/

Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline rgn

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2013, 10:59:37 PM »
I was horrified when I first heard of Brett's 240 mph off, and thoroughly relieved to hear he was okay shortly afterwards.  Would it be fair to say Brett's recorded speed of 240.192, is Australia's fastest for a sit on motorcycle?  His Bike was my outright favorite at the meet, it appealed to all of the senses... sensational work.    :cheers:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2013, 11:46:46 PM »
I was horrified when I first heard of Brett's 240 mph off, and thoroughly relieved to hear he was okay shortly afterwards.  Would it be fair to say Brett's recorded speed of 240.192, is Australia's fastest for a sit on motorcycle?  His Bike was my outright favorite at the meet, it appealed to all of the senses... sensational work.    :cheers:

Yes Brett has the fastest recorded speed for a sit on bike at Gairdner, it was held by a Hayabusa and is not the only Non Hayabusa that holds a track record for a sit on bike anywhere in the world I am aware of.  :cheers:

Congrats to Brett and his support crew, what he has done with his bodywork, building his own cylinders and running the great speeds has proven to show that perseverance pays off.  :cheers:

Offline lsr202

• New folks
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2013, 06:45:46 AM »
I dropped into Bretts place last night to pick up a few things from the trip to Speedweek, and to check on how he is recovering. He is in very good shape considering.
 Brett did have the video footage downloaded to show me from the camera mounted to the bike that he set up for Speedweek 2013. I will say my heart was in my mouth.
 We also unloaded the bike from the trailer. The damage is not so bad after looking at the bike. Now Brett can change the handle bars that were picked up in the scrutineering inspectection.
 He is pumped to get back out there, so watch this space.
Nigel

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »
Isn't Joe Amo's 272 the fastest speed, for a sit on bike, at Bonneville?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2013, 09:34:06 PM »
Isn't Joe Amo's 272 the fastest speed, for a sit on bike, at Bonneville?

So far the fastest bike Mile on the salt, hope to see Joe run this year. 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2013, 09:55:16 PM »
  John, that is very generous of you in saluting Brent and his crew considering your own accomplishments on the salt.
  I once accused you of needing a sidecar to haul your ego, but I think time mellows us out (or in your case maybe Marriage!), but either way (having never met you), I hereby appologize for my earlier statements and salute you for your humility and salutations towards fellow racers.
  Now if I can just tame my own Ego and Aspirations......................                  
                                                                              Bob  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
p.s.  Anyone who rides a open bike at the speed you do definatley has "Big" Cajones ............ so maybe you should RACE A SIDECAR..............  :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:58:05 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2013, 10:11:34 PM »
I have never gone as fast as jn. never will. have never ate lunch with him.
but, realizing , or recognizing, who he was at 1 of my first bubs meets ~~
I've got to say > he was very personable and down to earth. and very funny.
made me lol out loud. and also with that cell phone.

not a man with a puffy chest or a big head.

bill franey

bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
Years back in impound John spent a lot of time explaining things on the bike & what they did to my young son who was too shy to approach him and ask because it was the wrong place for it. He was just looking at the bike. Ego ?? Not my idea of ego and Ill never forget it. It was his first year at the salt {both of them}as far as I know. Maybe he grew one since but I doubt it. Heres to you John  :cheers:

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »
  I think you are right.
  What I was implying had to do with John's post's a few years back that listed all of his records (on every post)  and was meant in jest or maybe jealousy.
  Hell, if I ever get even one record, I plan on having a plane fly over the course with a banner trailing behind professing my accomplishment!
  One of the great things about most racers AND RECORD HOLDERS on the Salt is their willingness to share advice with others or in your case leave a life long impression on your Son and Yourself.                                                     Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
Franey said:  "...not a man with a puffy chest or a big head."

Right.  But photos of him do look like he's got a puffy head, don't they?  So puffy that all of the hair fell out. :evil:

Love you, John & Michelle
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com