Author Topic: Rules need to catch up with obsolete seat installations  (Read 13849 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
You guys
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2005, 07:02:05 PM »
made a funny. 8)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline WZ JUNK

A safer place for Hooley to sit.
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2005, 06:13:37 PM »
Hooley, Sumner, and I have tried to build a safe car that Hooley can drive fast.  Safety is a priority before speed.   The midwest is not a hot bed of land racing activity but we tried to gather all the information we could and we spent hours studying the rule book.  We also spent time with Stroud safety in OKC.  The car passed tech twice the way it is.  If we had known there was a problem, we would have fixed it.  Our intent was to meet and exceed all the safety rules, not to just be legal.  It is much easier for someone to pick apart another persons work than it is to offer advise as to how to correct something that is wrong.  On our own we had decided to make some changes to the cage that will limit Hooleys head movement.    We will always encourage anyone who can help us make a safer car to speak up.    I hope the accident last summer has made everyone look at this area of the cage.  It might mean that this tragic accident, will in turn save someone else?s life.

Saying all that, my only other comment is that the guy that started this post (Franklin somebody), must live a very unhappy life.  One of greatest riches a man can have is the number of people you can call your friend.  This guy probably does not have one friend or at least he must have more people that dislike him than he has who like him.   I feel sorry for someone who has such a miserable existence.
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.