Author Topic: Rules need to catch up with obsolete seat installations  (Read 13825 times)

Franklin_Ratliff

Re: Rules need to catch up with obsolete seat installations
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 11:42:22 AM »
Quote from: Sumner
Quote from: Franklin_Ratliff
http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html

The complete and utter absence of any lateral head support in this car (see above link) is about 20 years behind the times. The fact this installation MADE IT PAST TECH INSPECTION should be embarassing.

The car is well within the current safety rules.

Now saying that we are planning on adding more lateral support to the head and shoulder area with a funny car type cage addition for next year.  We are also looking at a HANS type head restraint.  Along with that we are adding NASCAR type roof flaps to the roof of the car.

Are we required to do this or is all of this a good idea?  I'll leave that to others to decide.  We also feel very good about the safety regulations that are imposed and checked by SCTA and have decided to add the above mentioned safety features to the car on our own.

Are we embarassed by the car in it's current state?  I don't think so.  Hooley first went to the salt just a few years ago and I think he and the rest of the team came a long way in a very short time considering this is a new endevor for him and the rest of us on the team.  You could have e-mailed us about your concerns, but if you like pointing out what you feel are people's short comings on a public forum then I hope it adds to your sense of self importantance.

c ya, Sum

E-mailing you would have done nothing to make the SCTA's "50 Point Safety Check" reflect knowledge that NHRA and NASCAR have been putting into the rules for years.

Franklin_Ratliff

Dumbasses
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 11:44:55 AM »
Quote from: SALTRACER
That is Franks MO , no class and a page of other peoples ideas.

Morons who think having the MOTIVATION TO LEARN SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING is "stealing" other people's ideas can go F U C K themselves.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
F-R
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 11:49:55 AM »
is a "Charm School Drop Out"  :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

JohnR

Re: Dumbasses
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 11:50:14 AM »
bye Franklin!

Franklin_Ratliff

CURRENT Knowledge
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 11:59:28 AM »
Quote from: 1212FBGS
has this frank guy ever showed up at an event? has he ever made a pass?
Frank if you go to the NASCAR hall of fame and look at a 80's ere car you'll see that they used production bucket seats in them. Heck they didn't ever seriously address safety till they got international attention when one of there "stars" was killed. What is nice about our sport is we can do what we want to! if you want to build a total enclosed cage around your driver go ahead, do what ya want. But dont nit pick the people who actually show up and race.

You should be more worried about the fact that simply by going on the web I can find examples of TWO HUNDRED MPH cars in SCTA that don't incorporate knowledge racers and builders in other forms of racing have known for years.

SALTRACER

Rules need to catch up with obsolete seat installations
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 12:03:52 PM »
And that is all that you will be is an Internet racer Frank. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

rosemeyer

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 12:24:41 PM »
Sorry to see that your mental health hasn't improved FR.

I think it's called "Du Chesne" syndrome : a compulsion to swear instead of using punctuation.

My advice: go and lay down in a dark room and keep taking the tablets.

JohnR

Re: CURRENT Knowledge
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 12:27:25 PM »
Quote from: Franklin_Ratliff
You should be more worried about the fact that simply by going on the web I can find examples of TWO HUNDRED MPH cars in SCTA that don't incorporate knowledge racers and builders in other forms of racing have known for years.

Why go all the way to the web when I can just look at MY TWO HUNDRED MPH car in MY garage?.

Oh wait, I forgot, you only design & build race cars on the web. sorry. \:D/

Franklin_Ratliff

Real Pioneers
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 12:44:02 PM »
Quote from: SALTRACER
And that is all that you will be is an Internet racer Frank. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

I did the design calculations for the centrifuge Art Arfons built as part of his last land speed record project. Who the f u c k are you?

Franklin_Ratliff

Idiots
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 12:45:42 PM »
Quote from: rosemeyer
Sorry to see that your mental health hasn't improved FR.

I think it's called "Du Chesne" syndrome : a compulsion to swear instead of using punctuation.

My advice: go and lay down in a dark room and keep taking the tablets.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." (Hank Hill)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
F-R
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 12:50:18 PM »
The project failed and he makes more money with the tractor. His daughter was with child and driving the other one.
I did some calculations on his last project also and said "NO"
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

SALTRACER

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 01:39:58 PM »
I doubt that frank

JohnR

Re: Idiots
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 01:59:15 PM »
Franklin,

Please watch the language. It may be normal for you but it's inappropriate here.

SALTRACER

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 02:33:44 PM »
His four letter words demonstrate his true intelligence.  Use those words when you actually build a real race car Frank. But not on this site.

landracing

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 04:42:31 PM »
hes been banned again

Jon