Author Topic: Doug Evans talks Save The Salt  (Read 1438 times)

Offline DallasV

Doug Evans talks Save The Salt
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »
I am attaching this link for all those interested. This video is Doug Evans, Exec VP of Performance Automotive Group, and running for SEMA Chair elect, talking with Corky Coker. Doug has been working with the STS board and brings a lot of clout to our fight. The video is a fairly long so if you just want to see the STS stuff it starts at about 4:40 into the video.

http://videos.cokertire.com/Interviews/Corky-and-Doug-Talk-SEMA-Leadership.html

I applaud Doug and what he is doing to help save our sport. STS has all ready started a fight with the suits on the hill. A lot of the save the salt donations over the years have been put into a war chest for this battle. Fighting congress is expensive so help out by donating when you can. I want my future grandchildren to experience the salt from the pits, not from youtube.

Slim, Thanks for providing us with a site to share this kind of information with thousands.

Regards,

Dallas Volk
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline crawford

Re: Doug Evans talks Save The Salt
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:44:24 PM »
what is fight the suits on the hill on save the salt mean?
Current Mayor of Wendover Utah, and life long race fan. owns Wendover Carquest auto-parts.

Offline DallasV

Re: Doug Evans talks Save The Salt
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:51:44 PM »
what is fight the suits on the hill on save the salt mean?
In a nutshell we want to put enough pressure on congress to save the salt, that they put laws into effect forcing anyone who mines from the salt to replenish at least 1:1 what they take off. My wording may be a little confusing, sorry.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:53:33 PM by DallasV »
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.