Author Topic: salt conditions  (Read 2082 times)

rdugan

salt conditions
« on: August 03, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »
i heard there's water on the flats right now... can anyone confirm this?  how are we looking for speedweek?

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: salt conditions
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »
The following is posted on the SCTA-BNI site:

A thunderstorm hit the salt and rained on our courses last week, but as of Monday they were both dry.   It was 90 degrees with a slight wind.  All systems GO!    8/3/04

I'm in SE Utah and we have had some thunderstorms move through over the past couple weeks, but only one that amounted to anything.  The forcast for the next 5 days or so looks good.

c ya on the salt,  Sum

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »
I gotta ask -- where in SE Utah?  Someday Nancy and I would like to retire to that general neighborhood.  Come find us at SpeedWeek -- our pit oughta be easy to find, or you can find us at Salt Talks Sunday evening.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
I'm in Blanding.  About 70 miles south of Moab, 70 miles north of Monument Valley and about 80 miles west of Cortez, Co.  

Not much here, but I like it that way.  It has a great climate with a little winter and the summers aren't too hot as we are at 6000 feet. The only bad thing is there are no car guys here except me.    I have a lot of car buddies in Farmington, NM, but that is 135 miles away, and also in Moab.

I have a good friend in the Sterling--Au Gres area of Mich.  I was there a couple years ago and hope to make it back this fall.

I guess I should know, but I don't, will you have a car or bike there?

I'll be with the stude in the picture below and will be driving my GMC in the picture below that.  I'll be sleeping in the teardrop at the bend in the road, so if I don't find you look for me.

c ya, Sum

-    

-