Author Topic: One quick rant about SW.  (Read 19160 times)

Offline DCarr511

Re: One quick rant about SW.
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »
raise the spectator entry fee to 40 bucks a day and have a parking lot they all park in. no driving around in cars bikes go carts motor homes ect.   set up your shade and chairs in the spectator viewing space.  spectators must walk in the pits. then maybe the racers can find rooms to stay in. one more thing stop the Rat Rod party at the hotel. sorry just my 2 cents if  (they dont like it stay home) its really not a spectator event anyway.  it would only take one kid to get run over and killed , and the Bonneville as we know it would be over there is no brite side.

Then you can load them on a bus and take them on a tour through the pits for a small fee .....

Offline DCarr511

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2010, 10:08:51 PM »
What would have happened if I had hit a little kid on a mini bike while I was going down to pick up trash at one of the sets of out houses in the pits?

As soon as I got there Friday while I was driving into the pits, 3 guys rode out on the forbidden mini bikes.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:13:56 PM by DCarr511 »

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2010, 10:51:47 PM »
  I'm stickin with the electric cattle fence............ but I think Rich is today's winner....... :roll:
Bob Drury

Offline mkilger

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2010, 11:25:56 PM »
hay the bus thing isnt a bad idea take them in the pits and when some one fast comes go out to  the 7 mile and let them see it from there. go down to the starting line. hay maybe we can use the bus for a wells trip or two. a one hour bus rides at bonneville priceless  :roll:  Glen could drive the bus he knows all the racers names and could give out the info on the bus ride. :evil:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:28:18 PM by mkilger »

Offline 754

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2010, 11:42:33 PM »
Double Decker... :-D

Offline mkilger

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2010, 12:39:37 AM »
I got a 1955 chevy school bus I could donate with a blown big block chevy on nitro. :wink:

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2010, 10:18:29 AM »
   First a big "Thank you" to all the people that make this happen. Without you this wonderful experience wouldn't be.

Enforce rules. A large sign at Lynda's  "OBEY RULES OR BE EXPELLED" then enforce it. That should apply to racers also. If a racer or crew member brings a mini bike, or lets non-licensed ride they and their car should be warned once thrown out second time. Rules apply to everyone. I didn't bring a doodle bug because I thought it didn't pass rules, and saw kids racing  motorized scooters in the pits.
  Riches idea of two colors for push-crew vehicles and two lanes is good. 
  Two color maps at lands end with racers portion in red and "spectator vehicles are not allowed in restricted area" They could park outside the tape and walk short distances to visit the pits so they wouldn't be denied access. Handicapped excluded from this rule but explained procedures.
  Extra orange stickers purchased  by car owners or drivers only, with car number listed on sticker. That way any one that has one should know what is going on and proper procedures. I think it used to be this way but not sure.
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2010, 10:27:57 AM »
  The ideas keep getting better.  Come on folks, lets keep working on ideas that can be presented to the SCTA/BNI.
  We can make this a much better safer venue for both the racers and the spectators.  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2010, 10:35:08 AM »
Second mini rant.
  Did anyone else that should not get a Participant hat???  
We didn't get there until Sunday noon due to unforeseen problems (my procrastination). Tried to check in then but were told couldn't get our stuff until car inspected.
  Minor gig list and sonic check (older chassis) delayed inspection. When inspected, go to registration, told no hats, ran out.
  I think  there should be enough hats for at least all the pre-entrys. I know I need to take this up with SCTA and will but wondering if anyone else didn't get theirs.
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline 754

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
Doodle Bugs are freaking cool.. they rule..
 Sold mine in 03 not a runner but all there, still have a frame and most of one, just not a correct block..

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »
Where does a street legal liscenced Honda Trail 70 with 10 inch wheels fall in leaglity wise ? How about just requiring riders to be liscenced & at least 16 years old & maybe require a motorcycle endorsement on the liscence. At the advanced age of 66 & disabled its the only way I can get around enough to see anything and I think I have enough sense to stay out of peoples way

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2010, 12:23:33 PM »
That would be legal!!    :-D

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline jdincau

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »
Second mini rant.
  Did anyone else that should not get a Participant hat???  
We didn't get there until Sunday noon due to unforeseen problems (my procrastination). Tried to check in then but were told couldn't get our stuff until car inspected.
  Minor gig list and sonic check (older chassis) delayed inspection. When inspected, go to registration, told no hats, ran out.
  I think  there should be enough hats for at least all the pre-entrys. I know I need to take this up with SCTA and will but wondering if anyone else didn't get theirs.
We did not get one, went through registration Sat AM.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!