Author Topic: Sun shades for the Windy Wendover  (Read 4407 times)

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
Re: Sun shades for the Windy Wendover
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 02:09:07 AM »
I first began using the darkened shade screen about 1995. I found a 30' X 20' shade my dad used
in his greenhouse. I have never seen one used at Bville up to that time so I figured I had something
new. Soon they began showing up in other pits. You can get those shades cut, edges bound and
eyelets installed at suppliers of greenhouses. I'm still using the same shadecloth after all these years.
Ed

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »
"Remember to put the car in gear for the night."

We have come to impound in the morning to find cars not in the same position they were in the night before. Some parked deep into others.

DW

And then there was the ghost driving ice cream cart of 2006!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »
MIchael -- was that the time the cart driver was there in body but not mind -- drunk?  I do remember there being a crash of ice cream truck and civilian car in the parking area, and it turned out that the ice cream guy was sloshed.

I give the guy a bit of latitude, though -- I don't know what it'd take to get me to drive around for hours hearing that doinky-doink music generator playing the same tune over and over and over. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 03:29:35 PM »
Yup ..the one and the same..seems the heavy rain that year shorted out the electrical and the cart wondered around the lake bed by itself all night after the heavy rain storm..it was last seen on the shoreline near Silver Mountain pass going East at about 10 MPH...the very hung over owner was wondering where he parked it!..

Model T Steve

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
I just installed a "doinky-doink" music system in the "Stupid Car". I thought it would make cleaning the outhouses a little more user friendly!

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 12:18:34 AM »

On the subject of the shade. I got a nylon mesh material at Lowes. One inch conduit for the legs and rails. I used cyclone fence top rail for the corners and conecting pieces. The top rail is a nice slip fit over the 1" conduit. I have one awning with the thumb screws holing it together and the other I put small eye bolts in the rails just past the end of the sockets and use plastic zip ties to hold the corners together. Works great, mesh material shades and breathes, easy to put up, inexpensive components, stands up to wind and weather. I do tie down all 4 corners for stability in the wind.   
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger