Author Topic: Drivers/Teams in the Dallas area looking for help?  (Read 17763 times)

Offline rschilp

• New folks
Drivers/Teams in the Dallas area looking for help?
« on: September 22, 2009, 03:25:29 PM »
Hi there, I'm interested to get involved in land speed racing and would like to find a team in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that I can offer my services to. I posted this in the Texas Mile discussion group as well, but didn't get much reaction there.

Anyone interested? I'm open to do whatever it takes, have decent fabrication and general mechanics skills, build a few custom cars and did quite a few restorations and resto-mods of older vehicles, both for myself and as a professional.
All my racing experience is with cars that are build to turn corners, both left and right!, not much in the way of land speed or drag racing.

Open to do whatever it takes, just being a parts runner works for me, I'm looking to learn with the final objective to run my own car someday.

Rob

LVMAXX

Re: Drivers/Teams in the Dallas area looking for help?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 04:02:17 PM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:08:22 PM by LVMAXX »

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 04:09:22 PM »
Richard,

What classes will your NASCAR fit in to during the BNI salt flat races?

Offline rschilp

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »
ROB;

How skilled are you in specialized bodywork and paint???

:cheers: 8-) :cheers:

Not great on bodywork and paint, my skills are more in the mechanical and fabrication areas.

Rob

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »
"Richard,
What classes will your NASCAR fit in to during the BNI salt flat races?"

The now-popular T.O. -- gas or fuel, blown or unblown, some with 2 or 3 wheels.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

LVMAXX

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 05:43:54 PM »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:09:11 PM by LVMAXX »

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 05:51:21 PM »
John and Stan;

You've both followed the car for quite awhile, along with many others on this site, and for a Nascar Bodied Top Speed run, it's Time Only, as you well know. There are no records officially for these unique cars, just the satisfaction of going faster than the Russ Wicks car.

The former owner ran the car in classes at both Maxton and The Texas Mile, so the car actually will run in a class at Bonneville. That class is up to Daryl White, Motor Builder/Team Manager for our 'Bad Bird' project, who owns Revolutionary Performance and Machine LLC, Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. He will run very fast in this car, but my goal is to go 201, as that's as fast as I want to go myself. Daryl has his sites set on much higher speeds than the Russ Wicks car, much faster, that is why he will test the car several times at Maxton, Texas, maybe Loring next year.

We do not have the experience to do the car alone, and that is why Daryl is "The Boss". Judy and I purchased the car, but the "Professionalism" of Daryl is Number one, and his attention to details is "as Good As It Gets". Without this "Team Effort", it wouldn't have come to fruition in this time length.

Go to the website below for any details you may not already know, or just for updates on the progress of the car--------------------

http://maxx2racing.com/

MAXX
MAXX2RACING
http://maxx2racing.com/
http://maxx2racing.info/
http://maxx2racing.org/

:cheers: 8-) :cheers:

Richard,

I appreciate that you ASSumed that I was aware of your car and what your plans were/are however I was not and when I saw you offering to exchange work for seat time I was curious as to what the class was to determine what the potential for top speed was.  I am familiar with the car that Russ Wicks ran and was aware it was not an LSR record other than being claimed as the "fastest nascar"..kinda like being the worlds tallest midget right?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 06:06:02 PM »
Richard --

Running in a class at Maxton or the Texas Mile has no bearing on the car's eligibility in a class a BNI meet at Bonneville.

What class do you think you might be eligible to run?

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 06:26:35 PM »
Stan,

You better start paying attention:

First he said he had no class and later he will have a class?

Is T.O. a class?

J

LVMAXX

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 06:45:06 PM »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:09:45 PM by LVMAXX »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 07:04:20 PM »
Yabut . . .

Most start with a car that was in some other class or was at least a car to start with.  Starting with a car that wasn't is a hard way to get there.

And what's gonna keep someone from stating "It's an illegal Nascar-looking whatever"?

Stan

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »
With a legal displacement NASCAR motor the class can only be :

C GAS STREAMLINER  Record -323.460  Vesco Racing  D Spangler 8/08

No class :            TIME ONLY, of course.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 07:32:37 PM by interested bystander »
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 07:12:23 PM »
i dont know why you guys are holding onto the NASCAR thing...... if you have one of those death traps. take the body off of it and install something that will fit into a class.... that will stop all the bull crap and you will have something 2 race...... that reminds me..... ya wanna see a 8 second NASCAR race? toss a handfull of skittles in the toilet and flush...hahahahahahahahaha
kent

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »
Kent, I think I'm going to see if I can put a counter on the number of times that line has been used.  Might be more than the number of posts some of the folks have been made.  By the way -- did you really time the flush cycle in your toilet or is that just a guess?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

LVMAXX

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:10:28 PM by LVMAXX »