Author Topic: Worlds Record  (Read 4855 times)

Offline RichFox

Worlds Record
« on: July 17, 2009, 07:08:21 PM »
I emailed the Record guys mentioned in the British Steam Car thread, about setting a recognized record for the "Worlds Fastest Packard Powered Post War GM Product" this was the reply                               
Dear Mr. Rich Fox,

To have your record attempt recognized by the World Records Academy, the certification fee is $2,995 if you pay after you set the record or $1,995 if you register in advance (2..3 months).

After you pay the registration fee, you will receive our official forms which you have to return to get your world record certificate.

If you want to order this service, let me know and I will send you an invoice.

Regards,
Tom Howard
World Records Academy

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Worlds Record
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 07:21:33 PM »
Sounds like BUY-A-RECORD to me. That's a lot of money for a piece of paper.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

McRat

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:39:03 PM »
I hope they include a PhD in astrophysics from Nigeria Mail-Order University with every purchase.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »
Sounds like BUY-A-RECORD to me. That's a lot of money for a piece of paper.

Certified lunacy, if you ask me.

And don't interpret this as trying to take anything away from the Steam Team, which is really an incredible effort.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 07:44:32 PM »
Send their email address to Jesse.   :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:47 PM »
I've been trying to think of a way to supplement my retirement income. It's now obvious. All I have to do is set up my own world record organization and start selling. :evil: :-o :-D

Pete

Offline joea

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 12:28:13 AM »
.........hey we already have the FIA..........what more could
you want.......

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 03:52:16 AM »
Test driver of the steam car Don Wales has confirmed that their bid is to full FIA governance and sanction.  He did not know who involved with the team spoke about the World Records Academy.  Perhaps it was someone with a bit of money to spare (LOL), .................. but then how is that person still involved in speed record breaking!

For those who like knocking F1, you may remember the old joke which is reportedly attributed to a question asked of a team owner ........................ "How do you make a 1 million £ in F1? ................. answer, .............. start with 10 Million £". 

Malcolm
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline joea

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 08:45:50 AM »
hey........the WRA......is doing us  a big favor.......they
are doing the SAME thing FIA does.......at a fraction of the
cost...............

McRat

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
I've been trying to think of a way to supplement my retirement income. It's now obvious. All I have to do is set up my own world record organization and start selling. :evil: :-o :-D

Pete

You should make it $3,995.99, and make it the Intergalactic Record Organization.  First you will need a mailing address in Roswell, NM to add some credence to it, and get a retired SETI guy on staff.  "We have been listening to intergalactic broadcasts for decades, and have not heard of anyone faster!"

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 03:58:54 PM »
I hear you can run up in class, too.  For another $999 you can be diesel, gas, alcohol or canola.

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 08:00:02 PM »
For a Grand, I'd be happy to send a document cerifying your record and even create a web site showing date, time, speed, class, etc.  The heck with the 9.95s...All I'd need is a good name for the website and there ya go.  Sorta like Guinness book of records, but for LSR only. 

Let's see.  Universal Record Association, Speed & Statistics (URASS)...maybe.  Got any good ideas?  My brain is baked.  I've been out shooting photos of sports cars at Miller's all day and it's been a bit warm.  I'm telling myself that I'm in training for Speed Week.

Universal Record Institute, Non-Exempt (URINE)...nawww...that'd just piss somebody off.

Record Archiving & Testing (RAT)....hey!  I like that.

Go for it.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 11:02:12 PM »
Get them to move the decimal point 2 places to the left, And I`ll sponsor you, Rich. :cheers: J.B.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.