Author Topic: Who is going to Maxton for the June 25-26 event?  (Read 2936 times)

Offline mdcrose

• New folks
Who is going to Maxton for the June 25-26 event?
« on: June 15, 2005, 08:47:07 AM »
I am not an ECTA member yet but I want to go as a spectator.  What is the schedule for the weekend?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Who is going to Maxton?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 09:18:32 AM »
Unh, I'm not the official word, but I've been there  couple of times. . .

Friday, 24 June:  Work bee -- mow, sweep track, set up lights, greet arriving racers, inspection for those racers that are ready for it, pay entry fees if not already paid, sign paperwork, return to motel and go out for supper.  Check with other racers for tonight's designated restaurant.

Saturday, 25 June:  Track opens by 8 or so, finish up what didn't get done Friday - inspections, paperwork, fees, etc.  Driver's meeting 9 or 9.30, followed by rookie meeting/mandatory track inspection.  Emergency equipment arrives promptly whenever they get there (nominal 9.30 or 10, I forget which), followed by start of racing pretty quick thereafter.  Racing goes on 'til about 6, followed by return to motel, shower, go out for supper.  Check with other racers for tonight's designated restaurant.

Sunday, 26 June:  Track opens at 8 or so, racing begins as soon as everything is in place, racing ends at about 2 (I think).

How'd I do, Keith/Tonya/Joe?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 12:22:19 AM »
Worked for me Jon...

You forgot to keep the beer in the shade....  but other then that you did fine....

Keith
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 11:42:19 AM »
Jon,

You forgot about making friends every time you meet someone there.  Sheeesh, some peoples kids.

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 12:57:29 PM »
Jon has to wait for his brain to thaw out. Any thing important should be addressed to Nancy who is the clear thinker of the family. LOL
Sorry Jon I had to do it. HEE HEE
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 01:38:48 PM »
Okay, that's just about enough out of the likes of you folks!

Just for you all treating me so well -- Nancy and I are going to get on the Gold Wing in the morning and go for a ride for a long weekend (instead of going to Maxton -- bikes aren't quite ready, again, again!!).  My daughter asked where we were going -- I said I wasn't sure -- she asked if we should maybe plan a route, take maps, make motel reservations.  I responded that if we could ride up the Alaska Highway and through the redwoods and to Del Rio, Texas and around downtown Key West -- we should sure as hell be okay on a six-day putt-putt around the northern few states.

I'm going to have Nancy wear a low-cut top and short-shorts -- that'll give us at least ten mph allowance at the speed traps, and will make crossing any borders easier, too.  Some day I'll tell you about our ride through northern Mexico (and how the Army irregulars at the traffic stops spent time staring at her, not at the luggage. . .)

No nastygrams to me 'til next Tuesday (after quitting time tonight) -- I won't be back on line 'til Wednesday morning.

Everyone have a safe, fast, and fun weekend at Maxton.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com