Author Topic: Wheeler Manning Norton Streamliners  (Read 6419 times)

Offline triumphrpm

• New folks
Wheeler Manning Norton Streamliners
« on: April 23, 2009, 06:12:59 PM »
 We thought we would update everyone on the progress. Wheeler Norton is basically complete. Sam is finishing up fire bottle and seat belts. Paint is complete and logos done. We started motor on remote oil tank and set timing and then drained everything. We will take good photos after bottle and belts. I still need a 1970 tech sticker for the bike.  A good photo would work to reproduce sticker.

Just got into the Manning Norton ,gathering info and photos right now. It is in great shape compared to the other ones just missing the motors. Got two 850 in the parts cleaner now and need to start with motor plates. If any one has photos or info please forward to us !. Twin Nortons with Hilborn offy 105 injectors cut in half. I am looking for a set of used ones but I am sure Hilborn can hook me up as always. A harley gearbox hooked up via single row chains. Here are photos of motors in 1974 and some of liner now.

We hope to have a website up soon for the Manning Norton. We are working hard to complete both bikes in time For the BUB Meet. I do  not have trailer big enough for both but I sure we will work out something. They should look nice together on the salt.

Offline Freud

Re: Wheeler Manning Norton Streamliners
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 10:33:07 PM »
THe fotos make more sense with the second one rotated as I have done.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »
Great looking ride!  One of my favorite Brit powered 'liners!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:22:13 PM by Calkins »
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline octane

• Nimbus 750 APS-VBF
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 12:39:50 PM »
Fanflippintastic !!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing those bikes at BUB!

Hope you make it!
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection
not when there is nothing left to add
but when there is nothing left to take away"

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline triumphrpm

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:08:15 AM »
We now have the website up for the Gulf Norton. http://www.gulfnortonstreamliner.com/
We need any photos or info on this bike.
Also still looking tech sticker or photo of tech sticker from 1970 for the Wheeler Norton. We still plan to bring it to the BUB Meet for everyone to see. Thanks Keith

Offline triumphrpm

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »
We are now back from the BUB Meet and are pleased that Sam was very happy to see his Norton liner again. It was a long hard road to get the bike back but the look on Sam's face was worth it. Click on link to see photos of Sam, the Norton and the EZ Hook.

http://bigdcycle.com/blog/

Offline peglegcraig

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 08:00:58 PM »
Thank you so much for bringing the Sam Wheeler Norton out to BUB this year. Great to see the bike on the salt, even if it was my first time to see it, it's a beautiful piece of our history.
 Thank you for sharing it  :cheers:

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »
 What a treat to see Easy Hook and the Norton liner together on the salt. Truely a once in a life time moment. Thanks Keith to you and your crew. You should have seen the twinkle in Boris Murray's eye when we spoke of the Manning/Murray liner, can't wait !!!

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 11:31:43 PM »
Great pictures....

But just wondering....

Without any sort of positive airflow over the air cooled engines wouldnt it get to the point of over heating the engines and possibly causing detonation at the end of a 5 mile run?

Obviously this is not a problem due to the fact that it has a history but it would seem to me it would get too hot. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on this.

~JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)