Author Topic: Unlimited class Hydorgen Streamliner Speed Record  (Read 1837 times)

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

Unlimited class Hydorgen Streamliner Speed Record
« on: January 24, 2009, 08:40:57 PM »
 Hydrogen Streamliner

Buckeye Bullet 2  by Ohio State University student engineers in the unlimited class. what is there thoughts of running Speed Week 2009? anyone have more in depth info on the design and power mechanics of this effort?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:42:31 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Unlimited class Hydorgen Streamliner Speed Record
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 11:15:36 PM »
why ask us? why dont you ask them and then give us an update.... i think we all would like to know....
kent

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 10:40:57 AM »
I went to the BB2 website and found -- that the site is busy talking about the succes they're hoping to have in 2007.  So - go ahead and look around, maybe find a way to ask a question about whether anything new is going on -- but take whatever you get with a big caveat emptor.  http://www.buckeyebullet.com/
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:18:46 PM »
I went to the BB2 website and found -- that the site is busy talking about the succes they're hoping to have in 2007.  So - go ahead and look around, maybe find a way to ask a question about whether anything new is going on -- but take whatever you get with a big caveat emptor.  http://www.buckeyebullet.com/

Thanks for the input that you could find its very much appreciated. I just got an update below in the next post
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:20:21 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »

Hydrogen Streamliner

I just got this update from my LSR and ALSR friend thats is very technical and has deep knowledge in design and engineering in the LRS field. I appreciate his response on my question

(Update)
In 2007, they were having problems with leaks in the hydrogen lines feeding the fuel cells. In 2008, they were having problems with leaks within the fuel cells themselves. Their motor has dyno tested at over 700 horsepower. If they can ever get their problems with hydrogen leaks solved, it will be a 300+ mph car. They have made a one-way pass of over 280 mph. The car is front-wheel drive with the motor located forward of the front