Author Topic: Bonneville on TV  (Read 45674 times)

Offline Toolman

• New folks
Bonneville on TV
« on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:48 PM »
Wanted to post this notice about bonneville on the Discovery Channel on Dec. 16 at 10 PM. ( I think that is eastern time). It is supposed to feature George Poteet's cars. The blowfish and the speed demon.
GENE TINNEY

Offline bvillercr

Re: Bonneville on TV
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:35:10 PM »
It would be nice to see the other competitors rather than the highly publisized ones.  Those two have had plenty. :roll:

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 11:10:14 PM »
It would be nice to see the other competitors rather than the highly publicized ones.  Those two have had plenty.

Do you know why they get so much publicity? Have you ever seen Ron Main in action? He is a promoter! If you want to get your car promoted you have to get on the phone and call people. Ron is very good at it.

Same goes for sponsors. He is also very good at that too. Oh, and the car is pretty fast too.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 11:46:53 PM »
What can I say, I'm just jealous.  :-D  They do not represent most of the people at bville, but good for them anyway.  I would just like to see the average Joe get some time on the camera (Danenfelzer, Hammonds, and many others that have been around awhile) and maybe they will, haven't seen the coverage.  This is still an amateur event.

Offline jl222

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 12:06:17 AM »
It would be nice to see the other competitors rather than the highly publisized ones.  Those two have had plenty. :roll:

Its still better than nothin and i'm going to record it.

JL222 :-D

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 01:18:07 AM »
 :roll: :roll: :roll:

dwarner

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:29:50 AM »
Looks like an interesting conversation will be going on at the Langlo house this Christmas.

DW

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »
Don't get me wrong here, I'm going to watch it for sure.  I love anything that has to do with our sport.  If I can twist a screw with someone I should be able to do the same with a relative. :-D

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 11:03:06 AM »
What can I say, I'm just jealous.  :-D  They do not represent most of the people at bville, but good for them anyway.  I would just like to see the average Joe get some time on the camera (Danenfelzer, Hammonds, and many others that have been around awhile) and maybe they will, haven't seen the coverage.  This is still an amateur event.

Let's see, a nice pic in HR, OK they spelled your name wrong.... but at least you made it in the Mag....
Shit, I even get excited when I see the salt in commercials....
It's all good  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 11:19:08 AM »

Let's see, a nice pic in HR, OK they spelled your name wrong.... but at least you made it in the Mag....
Subaru, I even get excited when I see the salt in commercials....

:-P :roll: :-D :cheers:

Offline Wester

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 03:58:03 AM »
The crew shooting at Bonneville this year was shooting many cars.  They did concentrate on the Poteet angle but they shot lots of footage on other cars too.  It's an hour long program.  How much of it could they spend on two cars?

Steve Coonan and Geoff Miles from The Rodders Journal were returning to the Bay Area on a 5,000 mile flat tow when they hit the salt.  They towed Miles' roadster chassis behind Coonan's 32 roadster to the East Coast for a show and back.  They weren't sleeping like the new Hot Rod editor who couldn't keep up with Keith Turk and crew.

Offline Wester

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 04:10:44 AM »
This is what Jack Trepanier sent out on the TV program next Tuesday on The Discovery Channel:

Christmas is early this year, Discovery Channel will air ( Speed Capital Of The World Bonneville ) on December, 16 at 9 pm Central.  George Poteet's 69 Cuda the Blowfish built by Rad Rides By Troy is one of the salt cars featured in the hour long story of men and machines against the salt in attempts to set land speed records.  This should be some of the best coverage of Bonneville due to the amount of special equipment used by the Discovery team involved in its production.
Ride along with George at a top speed of 290 mph and experience why these men go back each year.
     ---  Bonneville the most beautiful Race Track in the world,
Built by God ---   Jack

Set your recorder, it should be worth watching over and over again.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 04:27:41 AM »
sounds like the best converage we have seen in a long time. :cheers:

Offline power58

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 05:41:14 PM »
Thanks Toolman. I have been waiting for the show since I saw the crew on the Salt. would have missed it if not for your post.  Great Job.
My inner child pretty much runs the place

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 06:03:01 PM »
Subaru, I even get excited when I see the salt in commercials....

Me too , sad but true...I swoon whenever i see it , you Hyundais get to go a couple of times a year( ....and then there's Elmo) ...for us it's like mounting a lunar mission only more expensive, longer and slightly more difficult...and that's when it's on. Which ain't even certain yet for our next meet......
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.