Author Topic: 2008 SW Records  (Read 3082 times)

Offline jimmy six

2008 SW Records
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
I noticed on the SCTA-BNI website no M/C records were listed for Tuesday. Must be an oversite or a lot of them are going for more than one. I also noticed there were not that many M/C runs on the long course. Maybe everyone is saving themselves for the BUB meet.

Congrats to the new 2 club members. I noticed Bill Harris driving his 12 Port GMC in his Camaro established one at 207 without a minimum but was not listed as a new 2 club member; maybe looking for more classes too...........JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline glc311

• Road Runners (SCTA)
Re: 2008 SW Records
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 06:33:44 PM »
Bill got his Red Hat for the new XXO/FCC record. There is a picture of him getting his hat posted on the Road Runners website News page. They did a class change to XXO/FALT and Richard Ross has qualified the GMC/Camaro at 209.965 with exit speed of 213.506. If all goes well in the morning they hopefully will get another record and Rich will get in the 200MPH Club also. One fast GMC 6!!!!

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 07:14:59 PM »
08/19/08:   457 race vehicles inspected to date.  515 runs with 125 runs on Long Course, 164 runs on Short Course and 226 runs on Special Short Course.  11 Long Course cars and 11 Short Course cars  set records.  Bike records are pending.  Weather was hot.

The bike info must have been held up long enough that they just posted what they had.

High winds forecast for tomorrow. 15 mph at noon up to 20 mph at 5:00.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Super Kaz

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 08:16:50 PM »
I had an Electrical Gremlin come back{I changed just about everything and Tested it before comming :?},and the Bike just Turned itself off as I Was on a Record run During a Test pass on the SPECIAL COURSE :cry:! I Had a Ground wire come Loose on my 1st and only Long Course Run that stopped my Fuel pump from my 3rd injector{100% Methanol :-o} So I had to abort that run ,and found the Loose wire after I tore the Bike down :oops:! Changed Plugs ,Oil,and Turned down the Boost{It Blew the Bezel off my Boost gauge} on that run  :-P. My Crew chief{Jim W. Price} made and ducktaped a new one on for the next run  8-)! My BUTTO-METER was pegged{I've Tested to 217mph} till the bike shut off as I was in 5th WFO !
On The Rev Limiter till my arms almost blew off the Handle Bar's :-o! It was the Fastest PASS I had ever Gone,and I didn't get a Time Slip to Prove it :-(!
It was a very Good Course,and The Best Salt I had ever Raced on{I've been in a couple Bad ones :roll:} ,and the amount of Racer's and Spectator's was  unbelievable :-o!!!!!
It was LSR HEAVON,and I can't wait to Go Back!!!!

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »
glc...Thanks, I would have like to have been there to see Bill get his "hat" The last few years it has started to show to show what vintage engines can do. I see thal Bob Nakonieczny has also got a hat in Fergusonson liner with a Blown Ardun. Looks like Bill Goldmans son (if he was driving) was half way there in their GMC Skinner 12 port Fuel Roadster.  Thanks again
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline glc311

• Road Runners (SCTA)
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 04:05:17 PM »
On Thursday morning, Richard Ross backed up his qualifying run in the Harris & Wester GMC/Camaro for a new XXO/FALT record of 207.190 and earned his Bonneville 200MPH Club Red Hat. They hurt the motor a bit on the run. Currently are in the process of tearing the engine down to see if they can make repairs so they can make an attempt to beat their own XXO/GC record set last year at Speedweek by Dale Wester.

If they can get it fixed and set a new GC record of over 200 that would be absolutely amazing. If they can't get the engine fixed, coming off the Salt with two new 200mph+ records (XXO/FCC 207.320 and XXO/FALT 207.190) and two Red Hat's is what I'd call a fantastic week at Bonneville.

They are getting some absolutely amazing speed out of their vintage 6cyl GMC considering it's stuffed in a 1988 Camaro!