Author Topic: Another LSR Newbie checking in.  (Read 2626 times)

Offline osti

Another LSR Newbie checking in.
« on: December 11, 2007, 11:12:42 PM »
Just wanted to check in and say hello. My name is Ryan I have been lurking here for a little while trying to soak up some information. Seems like a great site with a great bunch of members and a wealth of information. My friend Jason told me about this great website. I sure most of you motorcycle guys know him. He rides a super fast turbo busa. :-)

I have run my ZX12R and Hayabusa at the Texas Mile the last few years. I plan on coming to Bonneville for Speedweek in 08 to try running my heap on the salt.

I sure I'll be posting some silly newbie type rules/lodging questions soon. Thanks in advance for the help. :-D

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Re: Another LSR Newbie checking in.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:47:40 AM »
Hi Ryan nice to see another new face so to speak be carefull though this seems to be addictive.
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 02:55:31 PM »
Ryan:

It'll be great to see another 12R out there.  Jim Owen and I are darn near the only two with said bikes, so seeing more of 'em will be easy on my eyes.  As for the 'Busa -- um, there are about six zillion of them.  Make sure you've got yours on a short leash so you don't get it mixed up with the others.

So what have you done to the 12R and 'Busa?  How stock are they?  How fast do you think you're going to go?

Welcome to the list.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline osti

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:25:53 PM »
Hi Ryan nice to see another new face so to speak be carefull though this seems to be addictive.

Thanks for the hello OZ.

Ryan:

It'll be great to see another 12R out there.  Jim Owen and I are darn near the only two with said bikes, so seeing more of 'em will be easy on my eyes.  As for the 'Busa -- um, there are about six zillion of them.  Make sure you've got yours on a short leash so you don't get it mixed up with the others.

So what have you done to the 12R and 'Busa?  How stock are they?  How fast do you think you're going to go?

Welcome to the list.

Slim,

Thanks for the welcome. Perhaps I should have been clearer. I don't own the 12 anymore. I sold it to a friend of mine in Florida.

It was a fun bike. I bought it brand new in 2002. It went through several incarnations. When I sold the bike it had a 1394cc stroker motor in it that I built with a Carpenter head and cams. It was a fun bike.

The busa I still own and will be bringing to speedweek. Sorry, you will have to make it six zillion and one busa's. For now it is just my everyday street bike. It's a bone stock engine with dry N20, a pipe, power commander, and dynojet LCD screen, rear lowering links, and lowered in the front.

I'm not sure what I am going to do to it yet before speedweek. I plan to run all motor at bonneville. I'm not sure if I am going build a big motor or just leave it alone. As far as how fast I think I am going to go...I would be happy with anything faster than I went in Texas. My fastest pass there was 192.xxx mph. Here is a picture of my jalopy.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:07:37 PM by osti »

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 12:13:01 PM »
Jalopy hahhaha.  Very nice bike.  How do you like the Brock's exhaust?

I'd be interested to see your dry juice setup.  When I bought my first Busa I had that in mind (along with a hundred other things). 

Probably the wrong forum, but I'd appreciate any tips you have about the Texas Mile.  I'm considering running there in 08'.
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline osti

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 11:15:10 PM »
Jalopy hahhaha.  Very nice bike.  How do you like the Brock's exhaust?

I'd be interested to see your dry juice setup.  When I bought my first Busa I had that in mind (along with a hundred other things). 

Probably the wrong forum, but I'd appreciate any tips you have about the Texas Mile.  I'm considering running there in 08'.

The Brock pipe is nice. Fit is excellent. It makes good power. I paid extra for the ceramic coating from Brock and if I had it to do again I wouldn't get it coated from him. Not the best ceramic coat job I've ever seen. I would just get the pipe and have it ceramic coated locally. I think the pipe is A bit loud for a "street" megaphone system. Even with the baffle in it growls pretty good. With the baffle out it is just crazy loud.

My nitrous setup is super basic. It's a homemade setup. A bottle, a -4 braided steel line going from said bottle to the solenoid, a -3 braided line going from the noid to a NOS brand fan nozzle that I installed in the bottom of the airbox with a .036" jet in it. For the wiring I just put a toggle switch in the circuit for the starter button. Flip the switch one way and push the starter button and the bike starts. Flip it the other way and push the starter button and you have WEEEEEEEEE!!

If you want to talk about the Texas Mile you can PM me or email me. I'm no expert by any stretch but I will gladly share anything I know. If you are considering running at Texas I say go for it! It's a really good time. Nice folks, laid back atmosphere. You will get to make lots of passes in the two days. One guy on a stock R1 made 25 or 30 passes in two days. lol.