Author Topic: Who owns this Bike?  (Read 4204 times)

Offline frogpirate

• Ken Morton Vancouver, WA, USA
Who owns this Bike?
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:52:04 PM »
I was down in Oregon City (Oregon) this afternoon and stopped by Latus H-D/Buell on the wya home. I got to talking to one of the sales dudes, and talking about the Buell Blast I want to build for LS racing, and he said "Oh, we have a Buell Blast Bonneville bike upstairs. At least I think it's a Blast." Sure enough it IS a Buell Blast LS racer, I think the number is 1435, and it runs 500cc A-PG. It's an orange very low framed bike, with a square-tube frame. Anyone know who owns this?

Sorry, no pictures as my phone has no camera.

Thanks, Ken
"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

Offline Vortex1

• New folks
Re: Who owns this Bike?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 09:24:54 PM »
Ken,

Not sure who owns the bike, but here is a photo I took at speed week. It sounds like the bike you described maybe it will jog someones memory.

Jim B

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:43:35 PM »
I would not be surprised if it was something done by Team Latus. That is one group that is always trying to make Harleys fast!

Next time I go by there I will stop in and ask.
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline frogpirate

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:02:02 PM »
Yep, that is the one. I don't think it's a Team Latus bike, or more properly the kid that showed it to me said it was "a customer's bike" but that Mike had built the bike. Of course he also thought that the frame was an off the shelf aftermarket unit.

There is a Latus drag bike sitting in the front lobby. Well worth spending some time looking at; I noticed Hillborn style mechanical fuel injection right off, although it took me awhile to find the injectors. :) I guess I've been away from circle track too long (where Hilborn rulz) and been looking at too many EFI's.

"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 12:17:57 AM »
Anybody know how it ran?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 12:35:31 AM »
yea a sweet little bike ran into the bike and owner at speedweek --bike wasnt running yet--bike belong to bob biehler  MR WELD HOT RODS in olympia wa.--i was impressed with the bike  it was
a modefied buell frame- stretched- ridged and low my kind of bike and i was going to build my wife a b-last- its on the builds on this site   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 01:07:53 AM »
Hi All,
Found some pics that I took at Bonneville of that sweet little B-last. The guy with the green hat and beard is Bob Biehler and that one with the tattoo's is my husband, Willie. Hope you enjoy.

Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 11:55:02 AM »
I was going to mention that the bike in the pic had not likely run at the time.....no chain (no chain skuff marks on the sprocket)...sicker on tire...no blue on pipe....ect.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:57:02 AM by Jonny Hotnuts »
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline frogpirate

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 12:02:29 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Sherri, and the information on the owner Willie. It's a great looking bike that's for sure! I did not think it had run this year, but I bet it does next. Hopefully we will have ours done by then as well.

Ken

Offline frogpirate

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »
Replying to my own post, shame on me. ;-)

I got an e-mail back from Bob, here is an edited version:

"Ken what are the chances of a guy wanting to build a Blast and finding one right there at your local shop? We wanted to run the Blast this year but had wiring problems. Can't wait for next year.  ..  Ron and I built that bike in just a couple months. We are (Too Old Guys Racing). This bike is a real low dollar project just to make a couple old guys happy on the salt.  ...  Cant wait for next year. The owner of the bike is Ron Shincke and I am sort of a bike/hot rod builder guy.  Good luck and GO FAST.   Bob "

He also sent me an earlier picture of the bike, I kind of like it plain steel.

Ken

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 09:23:45 PM »
Nice bike! Looks like clear should be the color choice if they build another.

I always like seeing the stuff in the background in shop pictures. Looks like a really nice hi-boy.

Pete